Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Blong said:
Ahh ... really? The lensbaby 2 is 50mm, same as the original lensbaby. Is there something that I've missed that you are talking about?

Interesting that you mentioned that you would like to see this shot without the Lensbaby - I find that I am virtually exclusively shooting with the LB now - sharpness is not an issue anymore - it's all to do with the mood or visual effect. However, I do still appreciate a sharp shot ...

Can you clarify the bit about the 10.5mm fisheye?

Cool.

Rob

What I meant is that there was the original Lensbaby and now there's what you've correctly identified as Lensbaby 2. I said "version 2...." same idea, different semantics!

The Lensbaby does look like it would be a lot of fun. One of these days I'll definitely have to get one and play with it. I also want to try IR -- recently I've seen some intriguing images done with that.

The 10.5mm fisheye is really a fun little lens, too. I don't have one, just was able to shoot a couple of frames with a friend's one day. It's definitely specialized because of the ultrawide fisheye effect, although if one has Nikon Capture (which I don't) one can "de-fish" the images to straighten them out and still have the super-wide look. ChipNoVaMac has one, he can probably answer any questions much better than I can.

A photo with the 10.5mm:

62701517-L.jpg

Blong

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Clix Pix said:
What I meant is that there was the original Lensbaby and now there's what you've correctly identified as Lensbaby 2. I said "version 2...." same idea, different semantics!

The 10.5mm fisheye is really a fun little lens, too.

Gotcha now. I wasn't trying to correct you semantics re: version 2 vs LB2. I'm not that picky - hope I didn't come accross as so.

The bit that I misunderstood was "...It's a specialty item which is great for creating unusual effects, same as the 10.5mm fisheye lens." - I read this as being 1 item, rather than two seperate things which both have their own unique features. Sorry :eek: . I have the 'flu :( ...

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
First Attempt

Hey guys,

Well Ive long looked at these assignments and now that Ive recently bought a camera I thought it was about time I joined in. So here was my first real photo shoot, Ill only really post one image cause its the only one that really portrays the topic.

Ive decided to go with the "Metal" topic;
IMG_0027.jpg

Sorry, for the large image Ill try to reduce the size (not sure how to just yet, Im new :p)

Mark

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
sllllllllliding in before the deadline :)

Hi everyone,

Been busy around these parts...its taken me over a week to compose this shot (had the stuff...needed the time)

IMG_4348s.jpg

Not sure what to title it...suggestions?

-hh

Whiteapple

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Haute Savoie,France
Metal...

Note: I am a beginner and have got nothing to show off.:)

Edit: can someone explain where you're supposed to click to insert the images in the text and not as thumbnails? I assume this would help the bandwith. (I can host the pictures on a website if that helps)
Edit2: found by myself.

Attachments

• DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 128

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
Whiteapple said:
Metal...

Note: I am a beginner and have got nothing to show off.:)

Edit: can someone explain where you're supposed to click to insert the images in the text and not as thumbnails? I assume this would help the bandwith. (I can host the pictures on a website if that helps)
Edit2: found by myself.
Looks great, I am just a beginner aswell but looks like a nice photo. What type of camera are you using.
Aswell how did you manage posting your attached image I obviously haven't figured it out yet ahah

Whiteapple

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Haute Savoie,France
I was using a friend's D70s. Very nice camera, saving money to get my own.
At the moment I use a Sony DSC-V1, very good beginner camera I think, you can go past the "point and shoot" status with it.

If you want to see my other beginner pictures with this camera and also with the D70,

http://guyguy.pagus.org/SONY_V1/

Note: the pictures with a name starting with "_" have been taken with D70, all the others with the Sony.

for the attachments, you need to host them on a website (which i did not bother to do for this one), and then put a link in the "insert image" icon:)

Tell me what you think, wish you success.

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Pictures.jpg
    Pictures.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 124

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Gated Comunity

Just got my Rebel, so I have no idea what I'm doing. It's metal but sometimes i feel a little insane having to have these gates on my windows.

wingatesm.jpg

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
And with a last minute entry:

There were a bunch of motocross riders at the Padre's game today showing off their tricks - this guy did a bunch of backflips. Pretty insane and throw in the metal of the bike and the construction behind him...

Attachments

• motoX.jpg
    motoX.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 144

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Under Metal

Digital Rebel converted to IR, Curve adjustments in Photoshop. I guess it would go under Metal.

Attachments

• 64CRW_0598.jpg
    64CRW_0598.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 144

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Rower_CPU said:
And with a last minute entry:

There were a bunch of motocross riders at the Padre's game today showing off their tricks - this guy did a bunch of backflips. Pretty insane and throw in the metal of the bike and the construction behind him...

Holy smoke! Yeah, I'd say you scored on both topics big-time! Perfect timing with this, too, getting the guy on the bike...

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Clix Pix said:
IR is something really fascinating that I've been seeing more and more of lately to the point where eventually I want to get into playing with it myself.... Very nice image!

Thanks, you should try it, you have real talent.

I started about 8 years ago with Kodak HIE film, still have a brick in the freezer, and burn a roll of from time to time, different quality than the digital IR.

The conversion is available for most the Canon and Nikon digital SLR, and point and shoot type cameras, the rebel is my second conversion. Note that once converted there is no going back, BW IR only.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
snap58 said:
Thanks, you should try it, you have real talent.
[snipped]
The conversion is available for most the Canon and Nikon digital SLR, and point and shoot type cameras, the rebel is my second conversion. Note that once converted there is no going back, BW IR only.

Thank you for the compliment on my work!

Yes, I am waiting until I can get a second D200 to use as a backup for my current one and then I will send my D70 away to be converted. I don't remember the name of the place right now but it is one which has received a lot of praise from many people on Nikon Cafe.

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Clix Pix said:
Thank you for the compliment on my work!

Yes, I am waiting until I can get a second D200 to use as a backup for my current one and then I will send my D70 away to be converted. I don't remember the name of the place right now but it is one which has received a lot of praise from many people on Nikon Cafe.

I have had good luck with this one, might be the same one. Just don't believe the 3 to 5 week turn around, it always takes longer. You will have to start an IR thread when you get it.

http://www.irdigital.net/

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
snap58 said:
I have had good luck with this one, might be the same one. Just don't believe the 3 to 5 week turn around, it always takes longer. You will have to start an IR thread when you get it.

http://www.irdigital.net/

Just ran a Google....the place of which I'm thinking is lifepixel.com. Thanks for the link for irdigital....I'll check out their site, too. It'll be a while before I start any IR threads, but definitely this is something in which I'm interested and will be pursuing....

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
snap58 said:
Digital Rebel converted to IR, Curve adjustments in Photoshop. I guess it would go under Metal.

IMO, It fits perhaps better the Insanity. By far this image is what I love abut assignments. It is fresh and compelling. Given the strength of this image, I would also like to see your "also rans".

Hope you enter this into some contests with prizes. :)

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
Chip NoVaMac said:
IMO, It fits perhaps better the Insanity. By far this image is what I love abut assignments. It is fresh and compelling. Given the strength of this image, I would also like to see your "also rans".

Hope you enter this into some contests with prizes. :)

Thank you, thats very kind. And it probably isn't one I would have taken except for the assignment, I'll pick a couple other out here soon, but probably not tonight.

thanks again

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Sorry, but I just want to know how these are any different from regular BW images? I don't see the "infra-red" part of these images. Mind you, I've worked on infra-red imaging before, but it was (possibly) going to be used for medical purposes, so I do know what infra-red is. For those that don't, imagine "night vision goggles." They're great for imaging living things.

These seem "different" to those images. [/understatement] :confused:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Abstract said:
Sorry, but I just want to know how these are any different from regular BW images? I don't see the "infra-red" part of these images. Mind you, I've worked on infra-red imaging before, but it was (possibly) going to be used for medical purposes, so I do know what infra-red is. For those that don't, imagine "night vision goggles." They're great for imaging living things.

These seem "different" to those images. [/understatement] :confused:

Why are you saying "these?" There is only one image to be seen here and, yes, it is a little different than the usual IR image which shows green or dark foliage as white and so on. In this image, look at the hand.... that is not the way a hand is normally going to appear in a standard B&W photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.