Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
Gee said:
Been reading these threads for a while, and there's been some great shots. I thought I'd chance my first entry - with a Canon 350D on holiday in Croatia...

---Post #74----

I like that one. It reminds me of the many vacations with my parents in the 70's and early 80's. although we always stayed in the same small family owned hostel i have seen many of these larger hotels. it's a nice shot and it catches my "vacation feeling" from the old times.

it's also not really about "yellow" but at the same time it has to be yellow. hard to explain :eek:

btw: where in croatia is that?

ljump12

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2006
philadelphia
Went down to longwood garden's; some biiiiig garden right near where i live, and i took a bunch; yellow is an awkward color, but i liked this.

IMG_4969.jpg

Just a simple Canon Powershot S60

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
sorry for posting twice, but here's another i'd like to share.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 444

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota

Click and click again for full size. I recommend it. It's so much better when GIANT.:)

Very nice pictures everyone. I like the stuff where yellow is the only color, and I'm not a very "yellow" guy.:cool:

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
pulsewidth947 said:
Probably not going to win any contests, but I had fun taking it..

Lomography colorsplash (yellow flash), long exposure, 35mm Agfa 200 film. Taken on 14th July, processed a couple of days after.

I have more better ones but I'm between scanners at the moment ;)

:edit: oops.. dont know if I'm allowed to enter, as its technically not digital... well it is now!

Yay, someone who is using a lomo. Wicked! I hadn't thought of the lomo yellow colorsplash for this assignment.

Of course you are allowed to submit if is 35mm. I really like the crazy colours above the decks. Great shot.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Yellow

83700067-L.jpg

Taken with my Fujifilm E900 that I always have with me. A few days ago was stopped waiting at this light and it caught my attention because it was so shiny-new, a really bright yellow instead of the faded, weathered ones more commonly seen. Been thinking about it ever since but today was the first chance I had to find a place to park the car and then walk back to the intersection to do the shot.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
So far it's the highway yellows that stand out most for me in this thread.

The bus, the winding yellow lines and now Clix Pix's traffic lights.

Strangely, I'd been considering taking a shot of a zebra crossing, hoping to get mostly genuine black and white with the brightness of the yellow globe. But unfortunately I keep ending up at it in bright sunshine where it's really not going to have the effect that I'm looking for! And now my camera needs to go back to the store since the selector dial at the top isn't seeing some of the options :(

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
cookie1105 said:
Yay, someone who is using a lomo. Wicked! I hadn't thought of the lomo yellow colorsplash for this assignment.
The colorsplash is perfect for colour assignments, you can make anything a colour with a coloured flash!

The actual print of that picture is nice - so vibrant, which has been lost a little during the scan. Heh it makes me giggle that most of the people submitting pictures here are using hundreds of £'s worth of gear and I stroll up with my cheap plastic film camera :) Still you can tell by the fact all of the other pictures are in focus... but focussing is overrated in my opinion :p

Using film has made me realise just how fun photography can be. Instead of spending hours tweaking in Photoshop, I just load up some expired slide film, snap away, then cross-process the film. The results are often spectacular!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I haven't had time to take photos at all this month, and I'm sorry for the slack effort, but this is my submission. I haven't really checked this thread that much, either, but now I have and I see a lot of great submissions.

Anyway, today I spent around 20 minutes trying to find something, and ended up taking some photos of some orange-brown mushrooms that look pretty funky. I was trying to find something yellow, and I found mushrooms instead. :D I did find an incredibly beautiful tree that I've been eyeing for awhile. I didn't want to do something plants or nature related, but here it is anyway....

Attachments

• Yellow Weerona Tree 11.JPG
    Yellow Weerona Tree 11.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 119

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
My photo is titled Yellow Flower Blushing

Camera DSLR Sony A-100
F-Stop f/5-6
ISO 320
Focal Length 140.mm
Lens 75-300
Metering mode Pattern

Attachments

• sony a100.jpg
    sony a100.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 122

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I'm glad it's still July because I have a third subject for this assignment.

(Click for larger)

Linderud, Oslo, Norway
Canon PowerShot S3 IS
1/400 @ f4.0, ISO 100
Editing: Crop, levels (with level mask) and border.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
gekko513 said:
I'm glad it's still July because I have a third subject for this assignment.

Linderud, Oslo, Norway
Canon PowerShot S3 IS
1/400 @ f4.0, ISO 100
Editing: Crop, levels (with level mask) and border.

cool, looks like the bug is ready to jump at you......

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
andiwm2003 said:
cool, looks like the bug is ready to jump at you......
Thanks. It's great to get feedback. I had a similar feeling when I picked this picture. It does seem to make a connection between the bee and the viewer in a way that few of the other bug pictures I got the same day did.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
DJMastaWes said:
Theres my try.
I really like the colours in that image. How much did you edit it and if you did anything to the colours I'd like to know how you did it.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Wow, thanks.

I played around with the contrast and brightness.

I used selevtive color > Yellow and brought it up a bit.
I used Hue and Saturation > Yello and brought that up a bit.

Thanks for the comments, I'm new to photography.

B

BigMäc

Yellow visitor - 7/31/06

attachment.php

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 55 mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f11 + flash
Lens: Kit

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 311
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.