Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daustin

macrumors member
Hey! I've looked at these photo threads several times and finally decided to post. I took this picture at the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage on vacation.

D

Attachments

• yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 150

DBAlex

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
@daustin:

Cool Photo, What Camera/Settings were used?

You captured all the detail of the flower with a minimum of interference from anything else, I love it! :D

daustin

macrumors member
DBAlex said:
@daustin:

Cool Photo, What Camera/Settings were used?

You captured all the detail of the flower with a minimum of interference from anything else, I love it! :D

Thanks! I have a Canon S3 IS. As far as settings, I'm not really sure what info to put...my info box in iPhoto only has a few entries.... (I had to download the photos on a PC and burn them to a disk to bring home....not sure if that made me lose the info or not....) Anyway, here's what it says:
Shutter: 1/1600
Aperture: f 4.0
Max Aperture: f 3.5
Exposure Bias: 0.00
Focal Length: 72.00mm

The only adjustments I made in Photoshop were to the brightness (4) and contrast (10).

D

xrays

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2005
Toronto, ON
Enduro Racer

Not sure if this is too late... But I only found this thread today, and thought I'd post a pic I snapped two weeks ago at the World Enduro Canada race (I was an official photographer there). I massaged the image in PhotoShop a bit to bring out the yellow, crop a bit tighter and reduce the contrast of the surroundings, and added a slight dark fringing effect to enhance the overall image.

Camera: Canon 20D
Lens: 70-200 2.8L (@70mm)
ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/2000 sec
Aperature: f/2.8

Attachments

• 2006-07-15-111105AM.jpg
    2006-07-15-111105AM.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 139
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.