Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
What’s your status?

B&H doesn’t seem to provide any details when they will receive/ship the new 2021 MBP M1 Pro/Max.

Has anyone received any shipping notification yet?

Order date 10/18
M1Max 16, 32gpu, 64gb, 4tb
backordered

pst23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2015

No Return/Exchange On:​

• Computers, Software and Hardware once any of the manufacturer's packaging has been opened.
I would never buy a computer from them. Can you cancel?

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021

No Return/Exchange On:​

• Computers, Software and Hardware once any of the manufacturer's packaging has been opened.
I would never buy a computer from them. Can you cancel?
Damn. Didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.

Definitely a bad policy but I don’t plan to return or exchange. Apples warranty should have me covered unless is comes dead on arrival - that’d be bad.

I can cancel but then I have to jump on apples queue

Reactions: aylk

pst23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2015
Damn. Didn’t know that. Thanks for the info.

Definitely a bad policy but I don’t plan to return or exchange. Apples warranty should have me covered unless is comes dead on arrival - that’d be bad.

I can cancel but then I have to jump on apples queue
Did you do a BTO?

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
I have had mixed results with B&H. They hardly ship when they promise, even if they show the item in stock. Calling them is a waste of time. It is attractive to order from them if you have their payboo card as they absorb the sale tax. I occasionally still buy from them provided they have the item in stock, the sales tax savings are substantial (which they could be on $4K+ MBP BTO), and I am not in a particular hurry to get the item. Last year I needed for my business a loaded MBP 2019 and they had it in stock, while Apple was weeks to get it. I ordered it, they took almost a week to ship it out, but in the end the Mac arrived much sooner and they paid the sales tax (via Payboo Card). I also got the Applecare+ from them at time of purchase. Other than the delay in shipping which they blame to unusual high volume (today's excuse for what is just bad service) all worked out.

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
I have had mixed results with B&H. They hardly ship when they promise, even if they show the item in stock. Calling them is a waste of time. It is attractive to order from them if you have their payboo card as they absorb the sale tax. I occasionally still buy from them provided they have the item in stock, the sales tax savings are substantial (which they could be on $4K+ MBP BTO), and I am not in a particular hurry to get the item. Last year I needed for my business a loaded MBP 2019 and they had it in stock, while Apple was weeks to get it. I ordered it, they took almost a week to ship it out, but in the end the Mac arrived much sooner and they paid the sales tax (via Payboo Card). I also got the Applecare+ from them at time of purchase. Other than the delay in shipping which they blame to unusual high volume (today's excuse for what is just bad service) all worked out.
I order photography equipment all the time with good results but their lack of communication regarding preorders/back orders/new items seems to be subpar. Pay boo is the reason I did it ?‍♂️

Reactions: 4sallypat

StevieThunder

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
2 weeks out and still no movement for me. I ordered the 16” M1 Max, maxed out.

Any movement for anyone else?

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
The only reason to use BH is the PayBoo card instant rebate. Which is why I ordered my MBP from them. I do not need the custom MBP right away so I can wait. I agree their total silence on back order status is infuriating.

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
The only reason to use BH is the PayBoo card instant rebate. Which is why I ordered my MBP from them. I do not need the custom MBP right away so I can wait. I agree their total silence on back order status is infuriating.
Same. I called today - absolute no info lol they said the information hasn’t been shared with them ?

StevieThunder

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
Here’s an update- No new information at this time ?

Attachments

• 87A07068-8D39-403F-8D28-9D8EA6BCC3E1.png
    87A07068-8D39-403F-8D28-9D8EA6BCC3E1.png
    989.4 KB · Views: 205

StevieThunder

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
I inquired about this again with B&H CS this morning since it’s now been a month and I got an estimated ship date. Nothing too exciting.

“I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 12/22/21. This is the estimated date, it is not a guarantee since all depends on the manufacturer sending to us when they say they will. A date posted is usually a good sign though. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you.”

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
Called yesterday and they said mid but most likely late December for my 16” 64gb m1 max 4tb.

This will be the last time I preorder a mac from B&H. Not worth the payboo savings. It’s obvious they aren’t on apples priority list. 2 months after launch is insane.

Reactions: StevieThunder

StevieThunder

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
Called yesterday and they said mid but most likely late December for my 16” 64gb m1 max 4tb.

This will be the last time I preorder a mac from B&H. Not worth the payboo savings. It’s obvious they aren’t on apples priority list. 2 months after launch is insane.
I couldn’t agree more. Saving the tax is nice with the B&H credit card, but I actually need this machine right now for my business. Let’s hope that they’re managing our expectations with these dates and they actually ship sooner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.