Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
The absolute worst experience I’ve ever had with BH. Just got off the phone - They are now claiming EARLY FEBRUARY! How can we trust a word they are saying????

Beyond frustrating. Apple will have new versions out by time we get them.

DoorsFreak87

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2020
We weren’t charged so best practice would be to hold it until acquiring it somewhere else
You guys weren’t charged for b&h preorders? Wow, adorama charged us as soon as adorama processed an order from Apple and emailed confirmation that the Mac would be dropshipped.

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
You guys weren’t charged for b&h preorders? Wow, adorama charged us as soon as adorama processed an order from Apple and emailed confirmation that the Mac would be dropshipped.
Nope wasn’t charged or confirmed any drop ship info from apple.

harshw

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
The absolute worst experience I’ve ever had with BH. Just got off the phone - They are now claiming EARLY FEBRUARY! How can we trust a word they are saying????

Yeah it seems every conversation gets a different answer for the ETA. If it is early Feb - then buying from Apple store seems to be faster

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
My experience with ordering newly-released gear (mainly camera gear) from B&H is that they often have the longest backorder times of any similar retailer. This is not their fault, as they have no control on when they are supplied product by their suppliers/manufacturers - but because B&H is extremely popular to order from - for very good reasons.

For camera gear B&H is my #1 choice (Adorama is #2) due to their excellent return policy, service, pricing (Payboo) and trustworthiness. It is worth the wait. I have had to wait up to 6 months for some newly-released cameras.

However, for computer gear, B&H is definitely not my first choice, due to their much worse return policy for computers.

Last edited:

ddavid

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008

WOW, B&H is clearly just a reseller in this case. To be honest, I would not have waited as long before I went with another option. How much cash benefit are you getting by buying from B&H?

I ordered an M1 Pro 16 customized from Apple on 10/29 and it was supposed to arrive Dec 9-16, but it left China on Nov 21 and arrived on Nov 29. (DHL sucks at communicating)

Maybe if you ordered directly from Apple it might get to you sooner, especially since the China factory isn't hampered by Christmas? (then again, neither is B&H lol)

harshw

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
How much cash benefit are you getting by buying from B&H?

If you live in Calif - the sales tax is ~ 10% so there's a significant benefit when using B&H's Payboo card. The card gives you back an instant credit for the amount of sales tax that you get charged. For a $4299 notebook that works out to a non-trivial $430 off the final price

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
See my post #47 earlier in this thread.

The "first wave" of the 2021 MPB's seems to have sold out, with stock very constrained until the end of January...

harshw

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
See my post #47 earlier in this thread.

The "first wave" of the 2021 MPB's seems to have sold out, with stock very constrained until the end of January...

I placed an order the moment it went up on B&H, this was back in October - will be exactly 2 months back in a few days time. There was someone on the thread who ordered Nov 1 and was told he was in the first batch of pre-orders. If B&H received ANY stock for the 64GB MBPs, I am sure I'd have gotten some communication from them, but either Apple's own stock is severely constrained and/or B&H has not had any stock so far

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
My present from B&H on Christmas Eve was an email telling me my laptop was still back ordered. :(

I am going to ask customer service next week about how they are going to do if the back order conflicts with their switching of PayBoo cards.

Happy Holidays everyone.

harshw

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2009
Let us know what they say about the Payboo. It wasn’t very clear what happens after Jan 17th if we still don’t have the laptop delivered

DideG

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2021
What’s your status?

B&H doesn’t seem to provide any details when they will receive/ship the new 2021 MBP M1 Pro/Max.

Has anyone received any shipping notification yet?

Order date 10/18
M1Max 16, 32gpu, 64gb, 4tb
backordered
I bought my MacBook on the 26th of October, the estimated delivery date was the 16th of December.

I sent several emails asking about the situation and each email received was a different date. It went to 12/22, then 12/26, then 12/27, then 12/29 and today I sent another email charging for information, and today 12/27 they sent an email saying that there is no estimate for shipping as they are waiting for Apple to ship.

It's very disrespectful to the customer because I didn't buy a MacBook M1 Max, 64gb and 2TB for fun, I need my product to do my job, I depend on it to earn my money.

Should I consider that B&H sells and Apple doesn't mind putting it in stock?

Reactions: proprietory

DideG

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2021
What’s your status?

B&H doesn’t seem to provide any details when they will receive/ship the new 2021 MBP M1 Pro/Max.

Has anyone received any shipping notification yet?

Order date 10/18
M1Max 16, 32gpu, 64gb, 4tb
backordered
I placed my order for a 16” Space Gray MacBook, 32-Core GPU, 64GB, 2TB on October 26th at B&H.
Scheduled for delivery for December 16th to 22nd, today December 27th I received an email that there is no more forecast to deliver me, at least until the end of January.
I'm very disappointed because on 12/26 it's been two months since my order and now I don't even expect to receive it anymore.
I understand the lack of supplies, but I don't know if B&H or Apple is the culprit in this case.
I've thought about canceling my order but I don't know what to do.
What is your opinion or news?
Thanks!

Attachments

• DF7C7A54-2C1F-4B90-8D48-4FA7F728E114.jpeg
    DF7C7A54-2C1F-4B90-8D48-4FA7F728E114.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 72

pst23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2015
I placed my order for a 16” Space Gray MacBook, 32-Core GPU, 64GB, 2TB on October 26th at B&H.
Scheduled for delivery for December 16th to 22nd, today December 27th I received an email that there is no more forecast to deliver me, at least until the end of January.
I'm very disappointed because on 12/26 it's been two months since my order and now I don't even expect to receive it anymore.
I understand the lack of supplies, but I don't know if B&H or Apple is the culprit in this case.
Thanks!
I think all this waiting is ridiculous

Reactions: greenmeanie

DideG

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2021
Thanks!

Attachments

• 5FA62DE0-0B5E-4D01-BB4C-60C5C01916B7.jpeg
    5FA62DE0-0B5E-4D01-BB4C-60C5C01916B7.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 65

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
Here is what I heard today about the back order and the PayBoo card. If I am reading it correctly it seems that Synchrony bank will just be switching our accounts over to the new one. Hopefully it will be that simple.

I did like that he offered to charge my current card in full now to prevent my worrying ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.27.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.27.42 PM.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 71

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
anymore.
You should check the Apple online store and see if you can get it quicker than early February.

If you can then you have to decide if getting it sooner and forfeiting the PayBoo savings is worth it to you.

As I mentioned before it would be best if we could all time travel back to 26 Oct and order through Apple, but now we just have to wait in Purgatory.

Live and learn I guess.

proprietory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2021
Seems safe to say that apple is not sending any to B&H. Apple’s queue for the model I want is now Late Feb Early March. And B&H completely removed their estimated date lol what a joke. I ordered the first day b&h offered it and it goes from December to later December to late January to NO ETA! How is this acceptable.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
It looks like the supply of 2021 MBP's will remain "constrained" into the end of January/February.

Even the "base models" are very difficult to find (from 3rd-party resellers other than Apple).
I'll guess that Apple is in kind of a "triage mode" right now, keeping their own stores supplied at the expense of their authorized resellers.

B&H, Adorama, MicroCenter, MacConnection ... all of them show no stock (a few "open box" units at MicroCenter), B&H page on the basic model has been showing "2-4 weeks" for weeks now.

Adorama says stock expected by January 28th.

I'll guess that these resellers counted on the delivery date estimates that Apple provided to them.
And they were left high and dry when Apple itself didn't "deliver"...

Janina’sApples

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2021
LA
5E9FA89E-59DC-4615-836A-A2974C0304D7.jpeg
I’m waiting on the 16” M1 Max/ 32GPU/ 64GB/ 8tb . Order date November 22nd.

I’m wondering why everyone who ordered from B&H has drastically different dates. I myself was told last week they are estimating my order to be in stock January 30th and just today I was told January 10th. Are the B&H employee just tossing random dates at us ?? Or is this based on actual information they are receiving from Apple.? Curious how they are coming up with these dates.

Attachments

• 7E32C633-7B97-4F45-B99D-775650B24F8E.png
    7E32C633-7B97-4F45-B99D-775650B24F8E.png
    370.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
I’m wondering why everyone who ordered from B&H has drastically different dates. I myself was told last week they are estimating my order to be in stock January 30th and just today I was told January 10th. Are the B&H employee just tossing random dates at us ?? Or is this based on actual information they are receiving from Apple.? Curious how they are coming up with these dates.
I would love to know this answer too. I suspect they have a wheel they spin that lands on random dates.

Reactions: proprietory
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.