Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whoakapi

Cancelled
May 26, 2010
I've noticed that the CoconutBattery app now doesn't work with IOS10...

Any alternatives? I like Coconut as you can see the actual battery charge and not the fake IOS gauge that stays on 99-100% when the battery is actually ~93%...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've noticed that the CoconutBattery app now doesn't work with IOS10...

Any alternatives? I like Coconut as you can see the actual battery charge and not the fake IOS gauge that stays on 99-100% when the battery is actually ~93%...
Battery Life: check internal battery statistics & wear level by Robert Tkotzyk
https://appsto.re/us/zeBBab.i

Whoakapi

Cancelled
May 26, 2010
System Status Lite doesn't work for showing battery wear.

Battery Life seems bugged or fake. It tells me that I have 1% battery wear. I used to have 5% before IOS10 with CoconutBattery... Doesn't add up.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
System Status Lite doesn't work for showing battery wear.

Battery Life seems bugged or fake. It tells me that I have 1% battery wear. I used to have 5% before IOS10 with CoconutBattery... Doesn't add up.
No, Battery Life is an excellent app - there is bound to be some variation. That said, I think Apple have tweaked some battery info - this two other apps - Lirum info pro and Battery Health (latter had to be pulled from the app store if you search here thwere are some threads on it) no longer have direct access to some internal info - like charge cycles - they had before.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Atrocious battery life on my 6s. I turned off background apps updating and within the process of using my phone I notice the battery tick down as much as 5 percent even with the screen dim and me hardly doing anything.

I wish I could downgrade. Nothing but issues with this. I had the OTA update bug and had to redownload it via a computer through iTunes and now my battery is completely useless as a mobile device.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Atrocious battery life on my 6s. I turned off background apps updating and within the process of using my phone I notice the battery tick down as much as 5 percent even with the screen dim and me hardly doing anything.

I wish I could downgrade. Nothing but issues with this. I had the OTA update bug and had to redownload it via a computer through iTunes and now my battery is completely useless as a mobile device.

You can downgrade... Curious what CPU do you have? TSMC or Samsung? You can look at it in: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/system-status-lite-battery/id407752428?mt=8

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Too early to complain. Photos app scans the photos for the facial recognition while connected to USB and closed. iOS might index a bunch of stuff too.

Reactions: decafjava

xflashx

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2016
Too early to complain. Photos app scans the photos for the facial recognition while connected to USB and closed. iOS might index a bunch of stuff too.

Unlikely. I got the GM since last week (my friends as well) and our phones need to be recharged twice a day (with normal usage). Every beta was way better than this final version in terms of battery life. I would advise to downgrade back to to iOS 9 as long as you still can when battery is important to you (although iOS 10 is great). It seems that somewhere in the system there is a bad bug which causes insane battery drain. I will wait for the next update which hopefully eliminates this bug.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
the battery was 100% while ago, and now it is showing 88% :O seems to drain fast (wifi/web/tapatalk) less than in an hour. (50min i quess)

air2

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Unlikely. I got the GM since last week (my friends as well) and our phones need to be recharged twice a day (with normal usage). Every beta was way better than this final version in terms of battery life. I would advise to downgrade back to to iOS 9 as long as you still can when battery is important to you (although iOS 10 is great). It seems that somewhere in the system there is a bad bug which causes insane battery drain. I will wait for the next update which hopefully eliminates this bug.

Try a clean install. Otherwise downgrade.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
The first few days with a new OS are always mixed in battery life. I always do a Reset All Settings after a major upgrade and while it is a small inconvenience to set my wallpapers and ringtones, and app notifications again, it's worth it in the long run.

rmcnelly

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Portsmouth, VA
a friend at work was showing me the rapid battery drain on his 6s on iOS 10. My 6 Plus was fine. I hope he wipes the iPhone and does a clean install tonight.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
My 6S has gone into the red for the first time ever after installing iOS 10 - REALLY unusual for me. Something is taking more power - but I don't know what!!

Last edited:

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Just for info. iPhone 5s, 10.0.1GM, battery normal. 30min usage + 9hr standby, still has 97% left. As you can see, everything is on Wi-Fi only (even the Apple Watch connection is via Wi-Fi). That 30min including drawing in the message app.

IMG_0587.PNG

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
I usually get to the end of the day with my 6s Plus with 40/30% battery left, today I struggled to keep it alive and it's at 1% now. iOS 10 is draining the battery big time. Maybe because of the raise to wake function as the sensors are always active...? Just guessing.

Reactions: ddkkpp

nerdriot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2015
Just curious: how many of you who are having battery issues are still on the iOS 10 beta GM?

nerdriot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2015
The GM that is the same build that was released to the public?
Yeah. The reason I ask is because mine is still collecting logs which, I suppose in theory, could be causing battery drain.

Howl's Castle

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Turning off Raise to Wake increased my battery life back to what it was. I'd recommend turning it off unless you have an iPhone 7

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Turning off Raise to Wake increased my battery life back to what it was. I'd recommend turning it off unless you have an iPhone 7

It's not an issue with the raise to wake function. Battery life was absolutely fine on the build before the GM/Public Release.
There's definitely something up with this build and you'll just have to wait until they fix it.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
It's not an issue with the raise to wake function. Battery life was absolutely fine on the build before the GM/Public Release.
There's definitely something up with this build and you'll just have to wait until they fix it.

hopefully its fixed in iOS 10.0.2 or could be waiting awhile....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.