Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
9.3.5 is good and boring - no issues, battery lasts almost the same, max 3% battery drain by night with wifi and Bluetooth on...

But there is no come back if you upgrade so I prefer stable and boring iOS 9.3.5 than still-beta iOS 10. No way to disable faces in photo app - no way to upgrade for me :)

idrisinan

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2016
iPhone 6 : battery life is bad

Not bad for me ,

2d9643b4697368db57d799b52ce205f9.png

8deef96aa1f9c9c7522d2c6024010f48.png

OGPrince

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2016
Florida, USA
I guess. Couldn't achieve that before I was given a new iPhone at the Apple Store.
Background app refresh is disable for most apps, also turned off a few location services.
I have pretty much the same setup but more toward battery saving instead of features, I normally only get 7 hours of usage when I go 100-20%

TranceJD

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Ireland, Europe
10.1.1 is terrible on iPhone 6

Crazy jump from 30%, straight down to 1% in a matter of 30 seconds!

This iPhone 6 is only 5 months old. Received it as replacement unit.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Thanks for your reply guess i'm gonna stay on 9.3.5 forever... Sadly, Samsung phones are a no go anymore because of the explosion issue still these Apple devices with their short life support are a no go for me, Guess i'm gonna go Motorola next year or who knows...

My plan was to stay on the old version until it was fixed. (Bahahahahha - we all know it's not going to be fixed!)

But my IT department just told us we need to update to iOS 10 by January. I'm literally going to wait until the last minute of the last day.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Tell them that iOS 10 is less secure than 9.3.5 ... No known exploits or jailbreaks for it when iOS 10 have some of them but not shown to public due to problems with stability...

But they know better, like these who installed Windows 10 when it was "free" (only cost is your privacy and data ). It works worse and kill hdd at boot but who cares :)

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Tell them that iOS 10 is less secure than 9.3.5 ... No known exploits or jailbreaks for it when iOS 10 have some of them but not shown to public due to problems with stability...

But they know better, like these who installed Windows 10 when it was "free" (only cost is your privacy and data ). It works worse and kill hdd at boot but who cares :)

I wish I had that kind of stroke. Unfortunately I work for a huge company and the decision was etched in stone.

imex99

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Ohio
Here's my heavy daily usage...battery life is getting worse with each beta!!!!

Pretty heavy user though with 5 email accounts pushed, FB etc....

Gets me through a work day and couldn't say that about my S7E that I left to my iPhone 7+.
fe15c7a4c259653fc66c5675ad17f520.jpg
789c18d99b68c3f04e54f9a5ba6c164d.jpg
13cd9e96656d17a9611100946bff0404.jpg

finnbar

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
Nantes, France
I'm a natural-born cynic but that sounds like a standard delay-the-user response tactic to me.

The annecdotal evidence does suggest a software problem in this case, but if it weren't for that I wouldn't be happy with that response because they haven't actually resolved the problem as far as the user is concerned or made any promise or guarantee of when it will be resolved.

Always beware when companies tell you to wait. It's usually a deliberate strategy to slow, limit or discourage the user from pursuing their rights, not least a speedy resolution. It's in their interest to limit and reduce the rate of returns and replacements. You shouldn't have to wait if you've got a malfunctioning product, especially a high-end, premium phone from one of the world's richest companies.

Apple receives enormous benefit from the confidence and good-will of its customers, and some of this was rightfully earned, but I'm concerned about Apple becoming increasingly user-hostile in the search for profits. My confidence in the company is faltering and as such I'm less willing to accept vague, non-committal responses like that. My follow-up question would've been "when will the fix be released"?

Remember, Apple doesn't even allow you to downgrade to iOS 9 so they've denied that potential resolution from the user. If the problem was enough to seriously affect my use and confidence in the product (and random shutdowns would certainly do that) I'd be seeking an immediate fix. If that amounts to a replaced handset then so be it.

Admitting that their is an known issue is not a standard delay-the-user response tactic Apple uses. They usually deny or act surprised unless they have no other choice, ie now with the Chinese class action forcing them to set up the battery replacement program for iPhone 6S (even though they know fully that the issue is not hardware related or limited to iPhone 6S...). The fact that their advisors tell the customers that it's a known issue was actually a positive sign.
[doublepost=1480596855][/doublepost]
Ha. It's not just me having issues. Plenty of others on this forum and other forums too it seems. Apple have been loosing their edge for the past while it seems and I for one have almost had enough. My iPhone was usable (not greet) until 10 came along and it has been pathetic since.
Same here, phone became unusable overnight. Have now had the "battery replaced" on it (it's a 6S) but in the meantime had to get a reliable phone (one that I could actually use when out of the house) - must say Android upped their game since last time I tried, might actually stick with it now... (I've had the iPhone since the 3G, upgraded every year except for this one).

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Only way to handle Apple devices is to keep them stuck on one of their first updates.
iOS 9.3 is for SE

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Only way to handle Apple devices is to keep them stuck on one of their first updates.
iOS 9.3 is for SE

AGREED!!!

I was saying the same thing last year when 9 came out. Keep every device on the same main software version it ships with.

danieldavis3643

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
ca30613079ae2bad61ef673709810df1.png

I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 7 Plus battery life. If anything, its better than I expected.

I have to admit, I did plug it in to my PC earlier so I could test Coconut battery 2, but other than that, I finish my day on 44%. On my old iPhone 6, I would have to have given it some juice at least once, if not twice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.