Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandon Hobart

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2016
United Kingdom
The same issue has been experienced by other iPhone 7 Plus users. The problem is in the lower speaker which is creating that odd buzzing sound. It isn’t the most critical issue if you are not bothered much by the sound but if you do, then return your device back to Apple and ask them for a refund or return!

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
The same issue has been experienced by other iPhone 7 Plus users. The problem is in the lower speaker which is creating that odd buzzing sound. It isn’t the most critical issue if you are not bothered much by the sound but if you do, then return your device back to Apple and ask them for a refund or return!

The problem is that I've the impression that the issue is too much frequent. From my first iPhone 7 Plus are passed two months and nothing changed

Last edited:

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
Dave Woo, are you?

Hi, guys! I'm experiencing the same issue. I've changed three iPhone 7 Plus already. Now I'm with my fourth and it does the same annoying noise. The last one is week 46
I'll upload and post a video from my last iPhone 7 Plus as soon as possible

yes. as I told you before that you are not alone. returning is the only option, people here at least 3-6 times.
after I did a test with 3 iPhone 7 + found out no matter hissing appear on the back of apple logo or not still catch in recording when you use VLC turn volume up to 200% will heard it. regular tune level will not obvious. Another hand will be EEEEEEEE sound which definitely unacceptable.

Reactions: Faust_One

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016

it's not. please use vehicle USB adapter connect to it, then pay close attention to it that is the EEEEE sound. the EEEEEE sound created because of cheap electric circuit connection.

Amorun

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2016
Hello everyone!
Here's what I've discovered. I can divide hissing of my iPhone 7 Plus into 2 portions: the first is audible almost all the time and resembles clock ticking: "tick-tick-tick", sometimes it's faster, sometimes slower, the second one, I guess, is hissing itself, which is heard like some electronic buzzing.
So, the second one appears or becomes more intense under heavy processor load, while the first one is clearly dependent on wi-fi chip work, as it vanishes with wi-fi module off.
Could anyone please confirm it?

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I might be having issues with buzzing while using my phone, but the area I frequently get it is often terrible signal these days, so only time will tell. Tired of having to get warranty replacements.

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
The funny thing is that Apple told me I'm the first and only person reporting this issue.

So to apple get another phone for you? today i went with my friend to apple store at williamburg NYC to get her iphone 7+ week 38. No EEEEEE at recording but do have slight hiss at the back apple logo.

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
so what apple sent it to you? a brand new box with apple accessories together in the box or just a white box only iPhone inside?

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy
They always sent me a brand new iPhone (with box and accessories) because I've been on the 14 days period for substitution. Do you change it for a refurbished one?

Last edited:

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
They always sent me a brand new iPhone (with box and accessories) because I've been on the 14 days period for substitution. Do you change it for a refurbished one?
I heard most refurbished got sound because people returned the phone and apple just can't fix it and send it out for other.

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
I did refund it. I wouldn't waste my time with defected product.
I don't know other but just this week I bought 2 iPhone 7 plus sim free, one for my friend and another one for my mom no problem. if you want to play safe then wait another month or so.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
The funny thing is that Apple told me I'm the first and only person reporting this issue.
Lol! I remember going into apple for my iPhone 4 service issue. Even though thousands of news outlets had reported it, I was always the "first person to show them the issue" at the Genius Bar

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I don't know other but just this week I bought 2 iPhone 7 plus sim free, one for my friend and another one for my mom no problem. if you want to play safe then wait another month or so.
I got the same model sim free version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.