Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pobbyfbi

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2016
It can't be recorded I don't think. I had the same problem on my iPhone 6. Took it in and got a replacement. Only when on charge and grounded. It's a kind of static noise when touched with a finger you can feel it but can't hear until you put your ear against it.

If you pick it up it seems to stop. Very strange. I've had my iPhone 7 128 for a month and just noticed it on this phone.

emix2001

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2015
Italy
It can't be recorded I don't think. I had the same problem on my iPhone 6. Took it in and got a replacement. Only when on charge and grounded. It's a kind of static noise when touched with a finger you can feel it but can't hear until you put your ear against it.

If you pick it up it seems to stop. Very strange. I've had my iPhone 7 128 for a month and just noticed it on this phone.
Third plus reiceved second good one. No hissing from the back (same noise level of my 6s) a bit of static similar to other phones when recording but cannot distinguish between this and others.

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
I just found a new #gate. do anyone here found any dust under the screen? easy, just put a torchlight on the iPhone 7 screen when black, then will see all those dust stuck inside the screen. when you turn it on most that close to the LED screen will turn black dot. When iPhone turn off those dust color is white when torchlight on it, but when iPhone turn on will be black. mine have 3 spots LoL. I thought iPhone 7 is dust and water resistant.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I just found a new #gate. do anyone here found any dust under the screen? easy, just put a torchlight on the iPhone 7 screen when black, then will see all those dust stuck inside the screen. when you turn it on most that close to the LED screen will turn black dot. When iPhone turn off those dust color is white when torchlight on it, but when iPhone turn on will be black. mine have 3 spots LoL. I thought iPhone 7 is dust and water resistant.

That's not a -gate. It's not even a systemic problem. Put the tinfoil hat away. :)

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
But that is assembly problem. when you pay attention on the screen when light on it. first i though is dead pixel. later found out at forund start from iphone 5 already had it. Is dust when you put light on it will show, then found out more and more in screen. i found atleast 3 spot now on my 7 and about 5 on my 5s.

crawltochina

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
@kiannaT

Can you please repost your video on YouTube? Seems to be deleted. I'm on my 4th 7 Plus and all of them have the "eeeeeeee" in video recordings in a quiet environment. I'm so pissed.

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
seriously are all you guy have sound when recording? I plan to get another one for my mom. anyone here week 44 or after is ok?

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
seriously are all you guy have sound when recording? I plan to get another one for my mom. anyone here week 44 or after is ok?

I have a sim free 7 plus that was built nov 7 - nov 13 (week 45) and makes zero noise. My old T-Mobile 7 plus that I bought at launch made noises under high processor use apps but couldn't hear it in recordings. This new one is silent.

Last edited:

badstraw

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
mine sim free has no hissing on back and not even in recording. not even white noise in recording. i think apple already fix it. my friend iPhone 7+ a month ago had white noise when recording.

Could you record a video please? I would like to see how it sounds a normal phone.

Mine has the hissing sound if I turn up the volume all the way up.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
So does it do this during recordings, heavy load, or all the time? I haven't ordered yet, but this is what I was looking at.
Yeah...snake-ing out. "Hisssss" during regular usage. Non heavy load. I do video editing and I have yet to try editing with this video. Maybe if I purchase video app and try to see if it will help reduce gain noise. I got open window to return and probably buy s7 edge.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Yeah...snake-ing out. "Hisssss" during regular usage. Non heavy load. I do video editing and I have yet to try editing with this video. Maybe if I purchase video app and try to see if it will help reduce gain noise. I got open window to return and probably buy s7 edge.

I had a couple of the earlier release 7 Pluses and didn't notice any hissing until I recorded video. Then the feedback hiss was unbearable. I decided to wait to see if some issues were ironed out and now I'm not sure I want to order. Ugh... stupid hiss ruining the perfect phone for me...

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I had a couple of the earlier release 7 Pluses and didn't notice any hissing until I recorded video. Then the feedback hiss was unbearable. I decided to wait to see if some issues were ironed out and now I'm not sure I want to order. Ugh... stupid hiss ruining the perfect phone for me...
Yeah...it's bad. Check out one of the videos that I posted...under "should I buy...." topic under iphone subforum.

EDIT

Faust_One

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2016
Italy

Dave Woo, are you?

Hi guys! I'm experiencing the same issue. I've changed three iPhone 7 Plus already. Now I'm with my fourth and it does the same annoying noise. The last one is week 46
I'll upload and post a video from my last iPhone 7 Plus as soon as possible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.