Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mandeep148

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
dont know how big companies doing bussiness, i mean they making phones without testing?? wth is going on,
iphone with many gates,everyone is replace 5+ handset,
google pixel have CAmera manufacturing defect,
last but not the least: NOTE 7 with Explode Feature,
this is what they are doing bussiness...

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I got iPhone 7+ 256 black week 44. It has 40-50% less noise and can barely hear it.

Yesterday I got iPhone 7 256 black, not plus, week 39. I can hear it 2-3 feet away. This is the most noisy phone I had.

Dieego

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
I just got my 7 plus 128GB, I can't hear a thing on the back but the noise is very noticeable in the videos im recording...sounds a lot :mad:

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
I got iPhone 7+ 256 black week 44. It has 40-50% less noise and can barely hear it.

Yesterday I got iPhone 7 256 black, not plus, week 39. I can hear it 2-3 feet away. This is the most noisy phone I had.
Week 37 iPhone 7, no noise. Even put my ear to it during setup and when gaming.

evoga

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
I fell left out as I can't hear a thing with my ear pressed against the top right corner.

spooned12000rpm

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2009
York, UK
Can we assume from the slow death of this thread in the last few weeks that either:

A. The newer handsets ain't buzzing/hissing
B. People have found something else to stress about

???

protox

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Can we assume from the slow death of this thread in the last few weeks that either:

A. The newer handsets ain't buzzing/hissing
B. People have found something else to stress about

???

Nope, just got mine on Thursday and it's buzzing/hissing and it's damn loud when recording video. I've also had to do 4 hard resets since getting it.

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
week 44 no hissing, no white noise when recording. just perfect silent. sim free version iphone 7+

itscomplicated

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2016
When i took my Week 41 Iphone + to a sprint store , One of the rep was not able to hear any hissing . Fortunately the other one was.

I now believe that Hissing is Normal , and would myself not return the phone because of it ( unless its too high , and distorts audio in my the video recordings) , You need to decide for yourself.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
My week 34 7 Plus def has it, though I have been trying to ignore it. However, I had recorded audio on my 7 Plus and had the need to play it back in a quiet room to an audience via my iPad Pro.

The increased volume made the hissing and static incredibly obvious, to the point of distraction during lulls in the audio.

Not sure what to do at this point - are we thinking replacements/new ones are fixing this issue?

kiannaT

Suspended
Nov 13, 2016
My week 34 7 Plus def has it, though I have been trying to ignore it. However, I had recorded audio on my 7 Plus and had the need to play it back in a quiet room to an audience via my iPad Pro.

The increased volume made the hissing and static incredibly obvious, to the point of distraction during lulls in the audio.

Not sure what to do at this point - are we thinking replacements/new ones are fixing this issue?

mine sim free has no hissing on back and not even in recording. not even white noise in recording. i think apple already fix it. my friend iPhone 7+ a month ago had white noise when recording.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
mine sim free has no hissing on back and not even in recording. not even white noise in recording. i think apple already fix it. my friend iPhone 7+ a month ago had white noise when recording.

Can you do a 10-20 sec recording in 4K and post it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.