Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chronoflash

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
honestly dude i feel you. But apple has stop giving a s*** about its customers. The legendary customer service is dead as i experienced over the past month. I was told by several geniuses that my haptics not working is a software issue. I wasted so much time around 9 hours trying to convince them its not and i tried resetting from new etc etc. Eventually exhanged and and voila new one works fine... so yeh eff apple to be honest im slowly moving my eco system

Apple's after-sales is indeed extremely time-consuming and incompetent.

Hanzu Lao

Suspended
Aug 24, 2016
I just discovered that i have terrible hissing on my 7 Plus. No gaps, no screen issues, no scratches, but that sound is just horrible.

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
Spoke to my local Apple Store this morning about a separate issue and mentioned my replacement phone is just as bad as the previous one. The guy checked and they have replacements in stock, and one has been put aside. Back I go today, will be checking build week before accepting this time.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Spoke to my local Apple Store this morning about a separate issue and mentioned my replacement phone is just as bad as the previous one. The guy checked and they have replacements in stock, and one has been put aside. Back I go today, will be checking build week before accepting this time.

Just face it everyone; either live with it, keep swapping it out or return it. This issue is not worth Apple's time or money.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Just face it everyone; either live with it, keep swapping it out or return it. This issue is not worth Apple's time or money.

I'm starting to think you're right. The silence is deafening. I've gone through 2 separate 7 Pluses and both have the static and hissing in the beginning of videos.

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
Swapped for a week 42 build. Currently restoring and holding it hard against my ear I can only just hear it, same as my old 6S+ that never had any video issues. Nowhere near as bad as the week 36 and 39 before this. Yet to record a video, but I'm confident this one isn't going to be a problem.

I'm now convinced there's something wrong with the earlier builds.

syphern

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Apple's after-sales is indeed extremely time-consuming and incompetent.

honestly i look like a bit of a scruffy dude and im
Swapped for a week 42 build. Currently restoring and holding it hard against my ear I can only just hear it, same as my old 6S+ that never had any video issues. Nowhere near as bad as the week 36 and 39 before this. Yet to record a video, but I'm confident this one isn't going to be a problem.

honestly i also noticed week 42 compared to my week 36 runs ALOT cooler. dont know if similar to others experience.

Reactions: imlynxy

itscomplicated

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2016
honestly i look like a bit of a scruffy dude and im

honestly i also noticed week 42 compared to my week 36 runs ALOT cooler. dont know if similar to others experience.

My week 42 gets lot hotter on the back , when I am playing games or running benchmark for few minutes . Can you pls try to run the benchmark and see if your gets hot on the back ?

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
My 7 Plus that I just got a few days ago is dead silent when running benchmarks. But it has the video hissing sound. Which is bad enough. Pretty sure I'm returning and waiting to see if this gets fixed in any way. I REALLY want this phone! But I don't want my $1000 phone messing up family videos!

Mandeep148

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
hi, i was going to order iphone 7 from amazon, i recently posted thread about that i should wait or not,
but heard that people are getting hissing/crackling or Coilwhine sound from their iphone,
is it defect? is it hardware related?
please give me some info.. thanks :)

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2008
It looks like the problem of those hissing noises has been (partially) solved in the new batch of iPhones (week 42). I hope we will see more people reporting that.

emix2001

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2015
Italy
It looks like the problem of those hissing noises has been (partially) solved in the new batch of iPhones (week 42). I hope we will see more people reporting that.

Hope. My second 7+ is on its way for home. Straight from online Apple Store. Way too slow, however. No shame to show it's coming from china.

Mandeep148

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
Guys, is it A Defect? im going to 7 32gb order from Amazon,
or is it defect or common in fast Cpu?
would amazon Replace it?

how to find new Batch?

Last edited:

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Had an awful experience getting Apple phone support (had to take it all the way to Customer Relations) to replace my original phone. The replacement hissed just as bad. Customer Relations told me its a known issue, no point replacing the phone again as they all do it, wait for Apple to fix the problem first. I begrudgingly accepted the fact. However a friend of mine got a 7 plus just the other day, sent me a video she took on it, and the hiss is way quieter. So I called Apple again, and they agreed to another replacement right away. Should get it in the next week or so.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008

Apple's iPhone used to be the only product I would buy right out of the gate without fear of hardware bugs. Now it seems that you have to wait a few months for the build to calm down.

Keep swapping to stick it to Apple and use more of their money.

Mandeep148

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
i remeber i bought Iphone 6 with eyes closed when released from local, i still have this phone no issue,
im also using samsung s7 edge, samsung phones are still high quality, never got any issue in 6 years of purchasing their product, not even dust or dead pixel things which i care alot,
and when iphone 6s launched they made me cry, i bought it at released day, i got 1 MM big dust on first BOX,
from then i replaced 6 box of iphone 6s with dust and dead pixel, i doubt that all bad batch is in INDIA as B GRADE Batch...
now i wanted to buy iphone 7,
i hadnt bought that on released day that was 7 OCtober, do you think i can Buy now?

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
yes. just buy it, make sure return it within 14 days if got problem and buy online again not at apple store or you will end up refurbished. keep this going until you get a good one. this is how all now was doing. LoL

Reactions: Mandeep148

chronoflash

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
If that could help : I have noticed a static sound on the following:

1-My two iPhone 7 Plus, brand new + replacement
2-My husband's phone (WIKO, a French brand)
3-My niece's iPhone 5S

All 4 devices came with static / buzzing noises from the back case.

emix2001

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2015
Italy
never had such issues on my phones. Noted a low noise from the back of my 6s but nothing compared to 7 plus. Had more than one hundred phones since 1990

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
Wecko brand? french Lol. seriously, why all people here need to find a reason to stash out $1000 to buy a phone is got problem and still keep telling yourself is normal. it just like you is ugly but keep telling yourself i'm not and compare that other is more ugly then i. face it. you are ugly. if not you won't think about this at frist place. be real people.

chronoflash

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
never had such issues on my phones. Noted a low noise from the back of my 6s but nothing compared to 7 plus. Had more than one hundred phones since 1990

Hi, my 6S Plus does also produce a low static sound too when I stick my ear to the back case, which I forgot to mention; now, may the fact that the noise coming from 7 Plus sounds louder not result from its more "powerful" A10 chip ? Well, it's been one month and a half now since release, and most iPhones 7 seem to produce a static sound, with no negative consequences whatsoever on the reliability of the devices. What do you make of that, guys ? Would be glad to hear your opinion :):):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.