Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Well let’s do the math, with each option here’s how much you’ll be paying per year:

1) $161.88

2) $134.50 (for 12 months only)

A difference of ~$27 between the options. You can’t transfer AppleCare+ from one phone to another but you can get a prorated refund.

It’s more of a personal question on if you’d like to call in and get your pro rated refund vs. cancelling which I assume will be easier. The difference between these choices in the current year will run you only $27.
Another point is that if you do the monthly option, you can continue to pay beyond 2 years if you wish to keep your AppleCare support and perhaps getting close to a free battery replacement. (Near 80%)

kharder69

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I have UPS My Choice but some reason phone number is not attached to my choice package matching options
The first two characters are 1Z followed by 6 digit shipper number for Apple and 2 digits for service level and remaining 8 are for specific package

userjerm2000

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
Hey everyone, not sure if anyone would be able to help with this. I ordered an iPhone 15 PM in Natural Titanium (512GB) for in-store pickup on the 22nd this past Friday. I used Affirm to checkout and everything went fine with approval/payment (besides the nightmare of getting onto the Apple Store); the order has switched to processing on the Apple Store website on both desktop/mobile as of Saturday morning (around 3:00AM EST), and the Apple Store app also indicates that it is processing, but clicking further into the order details on the app comes up with a “Your order is on hold” notification. “Once your application is approved, we will email you updated pickup information.” Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any insight as to what’s going on? I would assume the website has the most up-to-date information (and that’s where the app would pull order details from regardless) but am a bit confused.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
My UPS choice isn’t showing my order but I can find it via phone # reference. As suspected my “September 25” delivery has changed to September 22.

Is there any way to get it to show up in my UPS Choice? My address and details match order.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
Interesting I ordered iPhone 15 and case. Case was scheduled for delivery Monday and has been switched to today. ‘Out for delivery’.

Didn’t think FedEx does delivery on Sunday’s
FedEx delivers on weekends where I live.

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
the Apple Store app also indicates that it is processing, but clicking further into the order details on the app comes up with a “Your order is on hold” notification. “Once your application is approved, we will email you updated pickup information.” Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any insight as to what’s going on? I would assume the website has the most up-to-date information (and that’s where the app would pull order details from regardless) but am a bit confused.
I don't have an app (don't currently have an iPhone). All I see is this, nothing has changed. Visa still not charged as of right now.
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 12.32.24 PM.png

xtremeplayhd

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
Hey everyone, not sure if anyone would be able to help with this. I ordered an iPhone 15 PM in Natural Titanium (512GB) for in-store pickup on the 22nd this past Friday. I used Affirm to checkout and everything went fine with approval/payment (besides the nightmare of getting onto the Apple Store); the order has switched to processing on the Apple Store website on both desktop/mobile as of Saturday morning (around 3:00AM EST), and the Apple Store app also indicates that it is processing, but clicking further into the order details on the app comes up with a “Your order is on hold” notification. “Once your application is approved, we will email you updated pickup information.” Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any insight as to what’s going on? I would assume the website has the most up-to-date information (and that’s where the app would pull order details from regardless) but am a bit confused.
I'm having the exact same thing. On Affirm though the status is "Your loan is approved but still processing. It’s OK! This status just means Apple Online Store is still finalizing your order, which usually takes a few days." so I guess it's fine

Davidnguyen_89

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2021
how does the battery of the iphone 15 plus size a bit more than pro max? shouldn't it be the other way around. pro max has the better cameras. therefore it costs more. can somebody explain?

kafsinkaf

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2023
I got an sms about problem processing the payment for my order. I want to pay in store (also use gift card) and i thought they just will charge my credit card for Apple care monthly price. Am i wrong? I think they want to charge full price

Kylin370

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2017
pick up in store, charge hasn’t hit my card yet :/

Edit: minute after posting I was charged for both phones😂

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.