Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffnotGeoff

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
iPhone 15 Pro Max Blue Titanium 256GB
says delivers September 25, but it’s moved to preparing to ship. Always gotten them on launch day in the past, hope it might change to the 22nd 🤞🏻

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Mine is still order placed but I hear from past years it typically doesn’t move to processing until early the following week.
Same. Still Order Placed. I don't care as long as they honour launch day pick up I have scheduled for next Friday at 6 p.m.

I know it sounds super paranoid, but can it happen that the item I bought outright and reserved for in-store pick up on the day of, is not available?

Last edited:

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Private sales is generally the route I go too but to your point NewYorkRanger I’m thinking this year supply > demand. I only say that as I noticed it’s been much harder to sell products this year compared to in the past such as my Series 8, etc.

I’ll list my phone this weekend to test out the responses I get and mention to any potential buyer that I can meet Friday when I grab my new one.
State of the economy is a factor for sure, a lot of people out there can't afford these, which is pretty unfortunate. I still remember buying my iPhone 4 for $779 lol, those were the days!

Reactions: r.d

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
State of the economy is a factor for sure, a lot of people out there can't afford these, which is pretty unfortunate. I still remember buying my iPhone 4 for $779 lol, those were the days!
I bought my iPhone 4 from my provider for $139 Canadian. Yes, with a contract. But I had a corporate plan that was super affordable. I had no intention to change from that plan anyway.
There are no savings like that anymore...

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Question - first year buying AppleCare +. I obviously did not look into this enough - I saw there were two options:

1) $13.49/month

2) $269 for 2 years ($11.20/month)

I picked monthly because I upgrade every year and won't need 2 years, didn't think of it twice. Of course, now I am looking into it I did not realize the lump sum payment is actually cheaper and even more so, it looks like if you cancel it, you get the pro-rated amount back? Correct?

I absolutely will not have a 15 PM this time next year as I would get the 2024 iPhone - I should do monthly for my AppleCare then, right? Could I do the 2 years and transfer the 2nd year to the other phone or just cancel, get a refund, and re-up for 2 years on the new phone?

JTan24

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2016
My preorder somehow went from me selecting In Store pick up on launch day to defaulting to shipping it to me with between Oct 5- Oct 11. So annoyed 😒. Has anyone from years past can confirm that you guys generally receive the package on the first two days of the "range" ? I'll be gone for 3 weeks on Oct 7th and now it seems like I might not receive the it before I go on my trip. GAHHH😤

WatchBands

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2022
Upgrading definitely felt more fun around those prices haha

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
My preorder somehow went from me selecting In Store pick up on launch day to defaulting to shipping it to me with between Oct 5- Oct 11. So annoyed 😒. Has anyone from years past can confirm that you guys generally receive the package on the first two days of the "range" ? I'll be gone for 3 weeks on Oct 7th and now it seems like I might not receive the it before I go on my trip. GAHHH😤
WHAT?! HOW is that even possible? Did it happen after check out process and order confirmation email?

WatchBands

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2022
Question - first year buying AppleCare +. I obviously did not look into this enough - I saw there were two options:

1) $13.49/month

I picked monthly because I upgrade every year and won't need 2 years, didn't think of it twice. Of course, now I am looking into it I did not realize the lump sum payment is actually cheaper and even more so, it looks like if you cancel it, you get the pro-rated amount back? Correct?

I absolutely will not have a 15 PM this time next year as I would get the 2024 iPhone - I should do monthly for my AppleCare then, right? Could I do the 2 years and transfer the 2nd year to the other phone or just cancel, get a refund, and re-up for 2 years on the new phone?
Well let’s do the math, with each option here’s how much you’ll be paying per year:

1) $161.88

2) $134.50 (for 12 months only)

A difference of ~$27 between the options. You can’t transfer AppleCare+ from one phone to another but you can get a prorated refund.

It’s more of a personal question on if you’d like to call in and get your pro rated refund vs. cancelling which I assume will be easier. The difference between these choices in the current year will run you only $27.

ElectricalApple

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2020
I’ve got the same shipping range as well. Hoping for quicker delivery but not sure if it happens!

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I’ve got the same shipping range as well. Hoping for quicker delivery but not sure if it happens!
Can you please clarify if this happened after you placed your order for in-store pick up or it somehow happened during check out process?

JTan24

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2016
WHAT?! HOW is that even possible? Did it happen after check out process and order confirmation email?
The app was a nightmare this morning. I keep getting error over and over again. I selected Pickup in store and check out but I realized after that it never asked me to pick a time slot. Somehow it says processed! I was like hmm weird? Checked my email shortly after and everything was processed but they are shipping it to me instead. Kinda bizarre lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Wow
Reactions: Ariel32

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I am very sorry it has happened to you. This morning was interesting to say the least. It took me 20 minutes to get in, and I would have gotten the same shipping window as you had it not somehow luckily give me an option for launch day pick up at the local store.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
I had to buy 4 pro max natural titanium 256gb’s, got all four at 8:30am pickup on launch day, but between my two iPhones, ipad and macbook, the only one that worked to order was my macbook and the website :/ app never loaded on the other devices/gave errors. Wouldve been screwed without my macbook pro. I wouldve been pissed lol

mvdw84

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Canada

1) $13.49/month

If you're picking up in store they can fix it there OR you can just chat to Apple Support and they should be able to fix it - be aware if you are on the monthly plan and sell to anyone else they cannot restart AppleCare on their end - if you do 2 years, it's transferrable to another person, and once the original one expires, they can then still sign up for monthly AppleCare after

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Well let’s do the math, with each option here’s how much you’ll be paying per year:

1) $161.88

2) $134.50 (for 12 months only)

A difference of ~$27 between the options. You can’t transfer AppleCare+ from one phone to another but you can get a prorated refund.

It’s more of a personal question on if you’d like to call in and get your pro rated refund vs. cancelling which I assume will be easier. The difference between these choices in the current year will run you only $27.

Ah, see, the math I was doing it was about $50 cheaper ($323-$269 = $54) , but you are right, I only need it for 12 months, so I need to calculate the cost over 12 months, not 24. And based on that, you're right, it is only a $2 savings a month and not having to bother dealing with a refund. I'll go monthly.

If you're picking up in store they can fix it there OR you can just chat to Apple Support and they should be able to fix it - be aware if you are on the monthly plan and sell to anyone else they cannot restart AppleCare on their end - if you do 2 years, it's transferrable to another person, and once the original one expires, they can then still sign up for monthly AppleCare after

Good point. I don't plan on selling privately so I think I will go monthly, better for me to try it out and see if I even like going caseless for the first time which is the only reason I am considering AppleCare.

Stonefly

Contributor
Dec 26, 2009
Nova Scotia
As with my other orders on pre-order day the pro models all showed September 25th delivery (with a few pushing into October when I finally got through ordering).

I'm not sure what it is with my postal code but it's rare to show launch day as the estimated delivery date.

Hoping like with other years the Monday delivery date actually means Friday since I don't live in an area that requires the extra "day" of shipping.
My order was complete at 9:04 (Nova Scotia) and I got September 25th delivery date as well.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Blue Titanium 256GB
says delivers September 25, but it’s moved to preparing to ship. Always gotten them on launch day in the past, hope it might change to the 22nd 🤞🏻
Mine to and hoping the same, Pro Max Natural Titanium 512GB

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 10.14.55 PM.png

Reactions: JeffnotGeoff

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
My order completed at 8:30am of Pro Max 256 Titanium Black is slated for Oct 11-17 delivery. I guess this was a popular config.

This is the longest I've ever had to wait for a launch day order. Less units allocated to Canada I suppose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.