Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
As with my other orders on pre-order day the pro models all showed September 25th delivery (with a few pushing into October when I finally got through ordering).

I'm not sure what it is with my postal code but it's rare to show launch day as the estimated delivery date.

Hoping like with other years the Monday delivery date actually means Friday since I don't live in an area that requires the extra "day" of shipping.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
As with my other orders on pre-order day the pro models all showed September 25th delivery (with a few pushing into October when I finally got through ordering).

I'm not sure what it is with my postal code but it's rare to show launch day as the estimated delivery date.

Hoping like with other years the Monday delivery date actually means Friday.

You could be in an area where UPS cannot deliver from the warehouse to your postal code with next-day delivery, hence why it defaults to the next business day.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
You could be in an area where UPS cannot deliver from the warehouse to your postal code with next-day delivery, hence why it defaults to the next business day.
Except I live in a major city that has multiple apple stores. I could see if I lived rural.

Same thing happened with my wife's iPhone 14 last year. Showed it wouldn't deliver until the Monday after launch, came on launch.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Except I live in a major city that has multiple apple stores. I could see if I lived rural.

Same thing happened with my wife's iPhone 14 last year. Showed it wouldn't deliver until the Monday after launch, came on launch.
Hmm strange... must be something with your postal code.

But sounds like you'll still get it Friday which is good!

priultimus

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
If your payment information failed, will you still be able to keep the September 22nd ship date?

WatchBands

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2022
Woke up to order at 5am PT but like others I encountered issues with the page giving me access.

Luckily after 5 mins or so I was able to get in and order the White Titanium for in store pick up on the 22nd! Thanks everyone for your help yesterday as well.

I’m also looking to get a new MagSafe Wallet as mine is getting a little worn so tomorrow I’ll head in to an Apple Store and see if I can pick up any remaining leather ones. I’ll also compare it to the woven and see which is best but from the pics we’ve seen so far I’m a little hesitant on the material and its durability.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Got mine in for Delivery on launch Day :D Managed to get one for instore pick up as well.

Have someone scheduled to buy my 12Pro on Saturday so needed to make sure I get it. There will be one cancelled/returned at SQ1 location on that day.

Reactions: r.d

WatchBands

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2022
Got mine in for Delivery on launch Day :D Managed to get one for instore pick up as well.

Have someone scheduled to buy my 12Pro on Saturday so needed to make sure I get it. There will be one cancelled/returned at SQ1 location on that day.
Which model (GBs) do you have and how much are you selling it for?

I usually sell it on marketplace but this year am debating just doing a trade in. Quoted $680 for the iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
If your payment information failed, will you still be able to keep the September 22nd ship date?
Normally if your payment fails, Apple will e-mail you and give you a small time frame to correct your payment details, which should maintain the original date. If you ignore it, the order will get cancelled.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

I usually sell it on marketplace but this year am debating just doing a trade in. Quoted $680 for the iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB.

Blue 12 Pro 256GB. Got lucky in that I got my phone replaced by apple under Applecare+ last week.
Selling it for $750. (Apple was offering $465).

I reckon you can get at least $800 on the market if you have the time/patience to do it :D.
I also suggest Kijiji/RFD. FB Marketplace is always hit or miss for me with a lot of tire kickers.

MG999

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Updated to ‘Preparing to Ship’
Same here.

Preparing to Ship. I doubt we will see any further update until Wed/Thursday evening.

I have my UPS and its been hit or miss in previous years whether Ive been able to track from China. I think this year they are coming from India trough right?

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010

I have bought every iPhone and thus sold every iPhone in private sales. The amount of time I have saved from not dealing with "kijiji people" and trading in with Apple directly is worth more than the cash I leave on the table. I have traded in the 12 PM and 13 PM with Apple - I likely left $200-$300 on the table but saved my time which is worth more. Selling my 14 PM 256 GB to a family member for the same price I got from Apple, $900. I see Kijiji ads are going for $1000 for my model and there are multiple ads so supply likely outstrips demand.

With that said, Apple's trade in values for MacBooks is an insult.

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Same here.

Preparing to Ship. I doubt we will see any further update until Wed/Thursday evening.

I have my UPS and its been hit or miss in previous years whether Ive been able to track from China. I think this year they are coming from India trough right?
Usually Canadian orders ship directly from the warehouse in Concord, ON on Thursday with next day delivery.

Reactions: curdy

priultimus

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Normally if your payment fails, Apple will e-mail you and give you a small time frame to correct your payment details, which should maintain the original date. If you ignore it, the order will get cancelled.
Alright, great. I revised my payment information as soon as I could and the charge went through and the date hasn't changed! Hopefully the dates don't change like I heard they did last year with shipping, I'm a bit nervous about that.

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Usually Canadian orders ship directly from the warehouse in Concord, ON on Thursday with next day delivery.
Let’s hope UPS doesn‘t drop the ball. Last year my 14 Pro Max was supposed to be delivered on Friday launch day. It was missing in action and ended up being delivered on Monday evening. Never showed out for delivery on UPS tracking. UPS advised me on Monday parcel was lost.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Davidnguyen_89

Kylin370

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2017
Mine is still on "Order Placed". But in previous years, not much happened until the day before (Thursday), where it will update to "Ready for Pickup on Friday".
I am just trying to cancel one of the order 😂😂

WatchBands

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2022
Blue 12 Pro 256GB. Got lucky in that I got my phone replaced by apple under Applecare+ last week.
Selling it for $750. (Apple was offering $465).

I reckon you can get at least $800 on the market if you have the time/patience to do it :D.
I also suggest Kijiji/RFD. FB Marketplace is always hit or miss for me with a lot of tire kickers.
I have bought every iPhone and thus sold every iPhone in private sales. The amount of time I have saved from not dealing with "kijiji people" and trading in with Apple directly is worth more than the cash I leave on the table. I have traded in the 12 PM and 13 PM with Apple - I likely left $200-$300 on the table but saved my time which is worth more. Selling my 14 PM 256 GB to a family member for the same price I got from Apple, $900. I see Kijiji ads are going for $1000 for my model and there are multiple ads so supply likely outstrips demand.

With that said, Apple's trade in values for MacBooks is an insult.

Private sales is generally the route I go too but to your point NewYorkRanger I’m thinking this year supply > demand. I only say that as I noticed it’s been much harder to sell products this year compared to in the past such as my Series 8, etc.

I’ll list my phone this weekend to test out the responses I get and mention to any potential buyer that I can meet Friday when I grab my new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.