Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christheappleguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2021
Managed to get a 256GB titanium blue pro max ordered for in store pickup. That was through the app. No option for in store pickup.

Reactions: gagee

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Something is definitely "off" this year. My friend has tried to order the same phone as me specs-wise and the pick up in store is not available. Go figure. Delivery pushed even further into October. Looks like Natural Titanium is selling like hotcakes.

Reactions: Brad7

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Anyone else’s order missing from their recent orders?
Happens every year. Apple seems to 'turn off' viewing your Recent orders for the first few hours of pre-orders.

However, I am able to see mine right now. Did you get a confirmation e-mail?

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
Happens every year. Apple seems to 'turn off' viewing your Recent orders for the first few hours of pre-orders.

However, I am able to see mine right now. Did you get a confirmation e-mail?
Yeah, used to it not showing up in order history for a few hours but I’ve had it show up twice then disappear. Not too worried, just curious!

priultimus

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Got ‘em! For me and my partner :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Love
Reactions: r.d

ottawa_guy

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2023
Was able to get in at 8:20 EST to confirm my pre-order.

Wanted 15PM 256 Natural, but shipping dates already slipped to October. Ended up getting the white for launch day delivery.

Paired with the 10% back in PC points with apple gift card promo from a few weeks back :)

Watch series 9 will come same day! Accessories already shipped out, it's Christmas!

Reactions: mvdw84

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 09.11.51.png

The In-Store Reservation option never went live this morning. But it looks like the page was updated with this message. So for those who haven't ordered, but wish to reserve and pay in-store (with cash or carrier upgrade), may be able to do so at a later time.

In previous years, Apple normally had separate stock reserved for launch day using this method.

Will update if anything changes.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
That felt more rough than usual this year. I think ~15 minutes in the store opened on one of my devices. Went through the usual process for a Pro Max, shipping was still showing Sep 22, initiated Apple Pay, and then it sat with a circle spinning for 2-3 minutes before the app seemed to hang. Left it for a while and then it was frozen. Force quit, reopened at 8:20, and back to the splash screen "almost there" or whatever. 8:30 I still couldn't get into the store on any device. And then around 8:40, got an email with order confirmation. I guess that one where it looked like it was hanging actually went through.

Anyway, seems like there's higher demand than usual? Or maybe less supply? Who knows. Same craziness every year I guess lol.

Reactions: lbmeyer and Brad7

chiros

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
That felt more rough than usual this year. I think ~15 minutes in the store opened on one of my devices. Went through the usual process for a Pro Max, shipping was still showing Sep 22, initiated Apple Pay, and then it sat with a circle spinning for 2-3 minutes before the app seemed to hang. Left it for a while and then it was frozen. Force quit, reopened at 8:20, and back to the splash screen "almost there" or whatever. 8:30 I still couldn't get into the store on any device. And then around 8:40, got an email with order confirmation. I guess that one where it looked like it was hanging actually went through.

Anyway, seems like there's higher demand than usual? Or maybe less supply? Who knows. Same craziness every year I guess lol.
It is an indicator that there was higher demand, but could just be one of those years where things were not optimal for handling things

I have done this every year and see it go great and bad

Reactions: profets

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
It is an indicator that there was higher demand, but could just be one of those years where things were not optimal for handling things

I have done this every year and see it go great and bad

Agreed. Feel like relatively often it's a very quick process, everything goes smooth right at 8am EDT. Once in a while it goes a bit out of whack.

Funny this year, considering all the talk about an underwhelming event and more iterative update.

chiros

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Agreed. Feel like relatively often it's a very quick process, everything goes smooth right at 8am EDT. Once in a while it goes a bit out of whack.

Funny this year, considering all the talk about an underwhelming event and more iterative update.
Sometimes what Tech people think is underwhelming, the regular folks are excited for

Sailormannn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Got in about 8:10 using the iPhone app and was finally successful ordering a 512k Natural Titanium. App was very laggy and I had to reload a few times. Was eventually able to retrieve my saved preorder but using my Apple Store balance and entering payment details took a while. Was originally going to pickup at the local Apple Store near me but couldn't get that to work so ended up ordering for delivery. Now up to UPS on Sept 22nd.

christheappleguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2021
This year I must’ve gotten lucky. The process was seamless on the app (except for the no reserve in store option). Purchased it outright and did the in store pickup option for Sep. 22.

Last year was brutal. Store kept crashing, when I finally got through it said I was over my maximum reservations (even thought I didn’t have any pending). It took me until around 1 pm before I was able to score in store stock and the reservation bug was fixed.

I guess every year there is something. Half the fun of battling to get a phone.

Reactions: mvdw84

maratus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Canada
In the process of hurrying, I forgot to apply the balance on my Apple Card and charged in full to my credit card. Wonder if I can change the payment method?
You can always come back with your phone to an Apple Store and do a formal return / re-purchase with a different payment method on the spot. Just make sure you explain exactly what you need to do to a representative.

AnInanimateCarbonRod

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
Did anyone else save what they wanted to their bag before pre-orders started just to have it lost when the store opened this morning?

I managed to get both a black and natural 256GB Pro Max this morning for release day delivery, but I had to quickly make my selections all over again because what I had saved in my bag last night was just gone this morning.

Reactions: MG999 and gagee

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Did anyone else save what they wanted to their bag before pre-orders started just to have it lost when the store opened this morning?

I managed to get both a black and natural 256GB Pro Max this morning for release day delivery, but I had to quickly make my selections all over again because what I had saved in my bag last night was just gone this morning.
Each time I tried to go into the saved bag I would get the wheel spinning so just added the products again and checked out. Saved items are still in my saved bag. 🤣

etceteraism

macrumors member
May 3, 2010
Man I must have just missed it.
Tried ordering 2 128GB pros-one white, one natural, at 7am PST. Both Oct 5 delivery. In store pickup wasn’t an option for either colour anymore either in the Greater Vancouver area.

LoveThisThing

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2021
Got my 256GB Titanium Black PM ordered, delivery Oct 5-11.

Put in the wrong address. Hit 9 instead of 0 in my address. ug.

Reactions: gagee

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Man I must have just missed it.
Tried ordering 2 128GB pros-one white, one natural, at 7am PST. Both Oct 5 delivery. In store pickup wasn’t an option for either colour anymore either in the Greater Vancouver area.
Looks like in-store pickup was not an option by 6 am PST. My friend tried to no avail. I ordered mine at around 5:20 am PST and got 09.22 in-store pick up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.