Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puddinger

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Costco is always a good alternative! You can get up to 4% back (2% Executive + 2% with CIBC Costco Mastercard).

For those who can wait, Costco always has a big sale around May with huge discounts including Apple products (usually something like 20% off $1,000+ purchase).

Looks like most models already sold out though. Can’t even see Pro Max. :eek:
I think they made it little tricky, in search bar, search “pro max”, it will come out. White and grey are still available to order. If you search “apple”or “iphone”, you won’t see pro max from results, only 15/P and 15 pro.

Reactions: r.d

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
If someone needs new iphones quicker than Oct/Nov delivery date, could also check Costco. All 15/15 pro are available for presell now, i.e 15 pro max grey 512gb delivery date between 09-22 to 09-29.
If i did not have apple gift card balance this year, i would just order it from Costco as lunch day order experience pretty bad this year…
Thanks for the info! Just snatched the last one they had in stock. My order with Apple has been sitting at Oct 3-5 and with Costco looking like 22-29. Hopefully on Friday 🙏 Bonus $10 cheaper plus 2% back too.

Attachments

• IMG_6514.jpeg
    IMG_6514.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: r.d and puddinger

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
For anyone fretting about where their iPhone is in regards to delivery date I've had ones where they've missed multiple scans and the full delivery history doesn't populate until after delivery itself.

Personally I can find mine using my phone number as reference, for some reason my UPS isn't working correctly as it hasn't picked up on the full tracking details.

JTan24

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2016
I don't think the reference number shows you much anymore besides whether or not UPS has it. Everyone's using UPS My Choice to track that way.
Ahh okay. I created a UPS my choice account too but wasn't sure how everyone is pulling the tracking info or how UPS my choice account co-relate to your actual order. Lol

AnInanimateCarbonRod

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
Ahh okay. I created a UPS my choice account too but wasn't sure how everyone is pulling the tracking info or how UPS my choice account co-relate to your actual order. Lol
It probably won't show up on My Choice right away if you just created an account - UPS sends a random code through snail mail to you to confirm you live at that address, and only when you've given it that code will it start showing you packages.

Annoyingly I've had a My Choice account for years but forgot to update it after a move so I can't track my phones this year ahead of Apple finally giving me a tracking number to work with.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
It probably won't show up on My Choice right away if you just created an account - UPS sends a random code through snail mail to you to confirm you live at that address, and only when you've given it that code will it start showing you packages.

Annoyingly I've had a My Choice account for years but forgot to update it after a move so I can't track my phones this year ahead of Apple finally giving me a tracking number to work with.
I had also forgotten to update my address, so no tracking via My Choice.

kjwamlex

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2016
I use an app called AfterShip to track because I heard that it shows more info than actual UPS. It notified me this morning at 4:45AM EST that it is pending release from non-UPS Broker. It's sitting at Frederiction in New Brunswick.

Reactions: Stonefly

Stonefly

Contributor
Dec 26, 2009
Nova Scotia
Took Friday off to pick mine up in store at 9 am. Then spend the rest of the day setting up new.
I’ve had my iPhone 12 for almost 3 years, is it better to setup as new? I’m home all day Friday also so have time to do so. Some say it’s a waste of time and to just use the transfer method. How many here is going to setup as new?

pducharme

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sherbrooke, QC
I did before, years ago. Now I use the transfer method and it's good and quick. Each year, i'm giving my current iphone to my wife and we sell her current one. I do a backup on her phone, then on my phone. Then I wipe my current and we restore her backup to it. After it's confirm to work, we wipe the one we will sell. This year, it was special because we both had a 14 Pro Max, but mine was 2 months old and her was 1 year old (launch day last year). I did the switch anyway and sold hers for 1300$ CAD about 3 days prior to the apple Event. So my new 15 Pro Max cost me about 705$ out of pocket. I know I paid last year's phone too, but I count it as "already paid off".

Reactions: r.d and Stonefly

xtremeplayhd

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
Anyone who opted for Monthly Payments with Affirm now or did it previous years, is the "Your order is on hold" status on the Apple Store app something usual? It's all set on Affirm apparently, and on apple website it shows my order as Processing (with the "Check in at the Apple Store Friday" title), same thing for the Apple watch order. I guess it's fine but not 100% sure now as it's not updating since Saturday or else

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.