Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
The only thing I find strange about the shipment process right now is that in the past my phone never makes it to Kentucky until the day before the delivery.

Surprised to see it arrive so early at the hub.

Reactions: curdy

ottawa_guy

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2023
Mine is in Louisville! (15PM 256GB White)

09/19/2023
2:14
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Louisville, KY, United States
09/18/2023
16:37
Departed from Facility
Anchorage, AK, United States
09/18/2023
15:50
Departed from Facility
09/18/2023
13:27
Arrived at Facility
09/18/2023
22:50
Departed from Facility
Shanghai, China
09/16/2023
15:59
Arrived at Facility
Shanghai, China
09/16/2023
14:59
Departed from Facility
Kunshan City, China
09/16/2023
13:54
Origin Scan
Kunshan City, China
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
China

salafman

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2022
Westerville, OH
Im from the US and wanted to drive to Canada to pick the IPhone 15 pro max for the SIM card. A couple of questions:

1. How easy would it be to acquire an in store pick up within the next couple of months?

2.Do I have to pay custom/duties on the purchase if I’ll be picking up in store?

Thanks!

maldahleh

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2020
Im from the US and wanted to drive to Canada to pick the IPhone 15 pro max for the SIM card. A couple of questions:

1. How easy would it be to acquire an in store pick up within the next couple of months?

2.Do I have to pay custom/duties on the purchase if I’ll be picking up in store?

Thanks!

1. Probably pretty easy
2. You have to pay tax on it, the percentage depends on what province you buy it in, then when you go back to the US, you'll have to declare the purchase to CBP who may charge you duties on it

salafman

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2022
Westerville, OH
1. Probably pretty easy
2. You have to pay tax on it, the percentage depends on what province you buy it in, then when you go back to the US, you'll have to declare the purchase to CBP who may charge you duties on it
Thank you. I figured it’ll still cost less to drive up to Canada than purchasing on eBay with the outrages prices.

Reactions: mixedup

r.d

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON

Thanks!

1. Probably pretty easy

Also, all phones sold in Canada are unlocked. So you can just buy one at the Apple Store and walk out like with any other product. No carrier BS attached.

Depending on when you want to buy, just search for in-store pickup options at your closest Apple Store on Apple.ca starting tomorrow once stock is updated.

Reactions: salafman

Exhile

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
From the film Aliens (1986) by James Cameron, "We have movement people ~ Hudson".

1695308487694.png

The status of my order has changed from "preparing to ship" to "shipped".

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

Thanks!

1. Should not be a problem, usually a month after if you check often you will find one

2. You would have to pay custom/duties on it when you drive back into Canada as per the law.

Reactions: salafman

jabbok

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
My phone was expected to arrive Oct. 3-5th but was shipped today and will receive it on Sept 29th so about a week earlier. My order is the 512 Natural Titanium iPhone Pro Max.

Iamgoce

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
Ohh mine just showed shipped last night. My original ETA Oct 5-11. UPS tracking says it should arrive on Sept 25th too.
That’s amazing! Mine is still showing eta oct 5-11. Did you orders yours on Sep 15th as well? I wonder if I’ll be lucky and get it sooner than oct 5 :)

JTan24

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2016
Interesting! Which model? My 15 Pro Max Natural 256GB is still showing Oct 5-11..
Same model as you. 15 Pro Max Natural 256gb. UPS Tracking went from showing Sept 25 delivery to no ETA :( but Apple site shows Sept 29th. It's all over the place lol

JTan24

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2016
That’s amazing! Mine is still showing eta oct 5-11. Did you orders yours on Sep 15th as well? I wonder if I’ll be lucky and get it sooner than oct 5 :)
Yeah I ordered it on last Friday. I am sure you will get it sooner than Oct 5th. Very likely sometime next week.

Reactions: Iamgoce

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Ya mine shows Sept 25 on Apple's site and this morning got shipping notification and UPS shows delivery tomorrow.
I have not ordered a lot of preorders from Apple, but the few time I have, it seems to always be a day or so behind so I would be very surprised if it actually arrived tomorrow.

Iamgoce

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
Yeah I ordered it on last Friday. I am sure you will get it sooner than Oct 5th. Very likely sometime next week.
Are you tracking through ups using your phone number as a reference number ? Mine is still showing as processing on apples website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.