Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alkar

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
so I disabled TrueTone and the tint is perfect now, like my iphone 7 (a bit yellow but alright).
But yeah when I tilt it, it's cooler and even more perfect, sadly, but I think that's how OLED works ?

Also, my screen is twice brighter than my iphone 7

rmarinheira

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
Do you know what a credential is? If so, that's some serious logic gymnastics you're doing to arrive at your conclusion.

As for now, these inconsistencies are a characteristic of OLED displays, so, it may be pointed as a characteristic, a quality, hence the term credential may be aplied.
As for everything else, draw your own conclusions.
[doublepost=1509712199][/doublepost]
so I disabled TrueTone and the tint is perfect now, like my iphone 7 (a bit yellow but alright).
But yeah when I tilt it, it's cooler and even more perfect, sadly, but I think that's how OLED works ?

Also, my screen is twice brighter than my iphone 7

That's pretty much the expected behaviour of an OLED display. Just enjoy it.
If you do not consider it to be up to your expectations, the only solution is to opt for an iPhone with an IPS LCD.

touchme89

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2007
Having had iPhones and Androids, the OLED display that Apple has put out here is largely better than anything I've seen in a Samsung or Google phone.

OLED is known for its bad viewing angles, but ask yourself how often are you going to be looking at your screen at a dodgy angle?

Reactions: Vampire14

rmarinheira

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
No, it may not. You are incorrectly attributing the term 'quality'. Presumably English is not your first language.

Before making assumptions, try to get informed:
quality: a distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by someone or something.

Reactions: tarasis

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Having had iPhones and Androids, the OLED display that Apple has put out here is largely better than anything I've seen in a Samsung or Google phone.

OLED is known for its bad viewing angles, but ask yourself how often are you going to be looking at your screen at a dodgy angle?

Largely better?
Hmm I'll be interested to see if I feel the same later when I get home. Will take a lot to beat a Samsung display.

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Are people really being serious here?! Whining that a phone held at an angle exhibits a non-uniform performance?! Now, I can't say I have seen iPhone X in the flesh (mine arrives shortly, no rush, it's just a phone) but I have seen and used a lot of Samsung devices and own two OLED TVs from different manufacturers. While some OLEDs I've seen do exhibit a slight non-uniformity, the majority are just like looking at a picture at a different angles - either no different, or slightly different because light reflects/refracts differently off the surface.

My solution to you all experiencing this, is to stop using your personal device at an angle... Hold the phone in front of your face and view it square on, as it was intended.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Also, if anyone posts with serious meaning to say the glue is drying I will crease. o_O

Reactions: IG88

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I just inboxed my phone and noticed the same thing. When you click see with no True Tone, it shows a cool temperature. With it on, it’s a yellow tint. I’m not sure how to get rid of the yellow tint.

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I just inboxed my phone and noticed the same thing. When you click see with no True Tone, it shows a cool temperature. With it on, it’s a yellow tint. I’m not sure how to get rid of the yellow tint.
The true tone is precisely why it's a slightly yellow tint, and frankly, that's more closer to the colour temperature of natural sunlight (on the yellow side). I have it activated on my iPad - far more natural colours. With that turned on I've not found the need to enable the night shift.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Just like every phone they have ever realeased, it is probably the glue under the screen. It will go away.

Reactions: macfacts

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.