Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
What’s the difference between a hippo and a zippo?

One is really heavy, and the other is a little lighter.

One of the first jokes I learned as a kid was:

Q: Who's bigger? Mr. Bigger or Mr. Bigger's baby?

A: Mr. Bigger's baby, because he's a little Bigger.​

I suppose the proper answer should be "Mr. Bigger's baby, because he or she is a little Bigger." but as I kid I didn't think of that.

Ask your daughter why a bicycle can't stand up by itself.

The answer: It's two tired!

Thumbs up.

Suspended
May 28, 2017
How do you find the richest man in (insert name of poor country) ?

- Gather all the men at the top of a hill
- Roll a penny down the hill
- See who gets it
[doublepost=1528517420][/doublepost]What's the difference between a park bench and a man below the poverty line ?

The park bench can support a family.
[doublepost=1528517722][/doublepost]What's brown and sits on a piano ?

Beethoven's last movement

Reactions: Huntn

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
It is hard to find a joke today without a dirty word or two in it, but here is one:

Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, 'Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?'

The birch says he cannot tell, but just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling. The birch says, 'Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?'

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree and replies, 'It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever poked my pecker into.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
A turtle is crossing the road when he’s mugged by two snails. When the police show up, they ask him what happened. The shaken turtle replies, “I don’t know. It all happened so fast.”

--seen from somewhere in the tall grass of the internetz in 2014​

Reactions: JamesMike

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
The Spell Checker:

I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

I've scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased too no
Its letter prefect in every weigh;
My checker tolled me sew.

See my spelling is always rite

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
The Spell Checker:

I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

I've scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased too no
Its letter prefect in every weigh;
My checker tolled me sew.

See my spelling is always rite
If yew laked dat, den yule lake dis.

Reactions: ProTruckDriver
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”
—Will Rogers (presciently)

“Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside a dog it’s too dark to read.”
— Groucho Marx

Maybe not corny. Neither quite fits one line. The first is four sentences. The second is two. I’m jamming them in here anyway. Apologies in the opposite of advance. Words fail me.

Last edited:

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
Daughter to Dad TEXTING Communication in Today's Generation

Daddy, I am coming home to get married, soon. Get out your check book. LOL
I'm in love with a boy who is far away from me. I am in Australia , and he lives in Scotland . We met on a dating website, became friends on Facebook, had long chats on Whatsapp, he proposed to me on Skype, and now we've had two months of relationship through Viber.
My beloved and favorite Dad, I need your blessing, good wishes, and a really big wedding."

Lots of love and thanks, Your favorite daughter,

Lilly Dad's reply ....also texting

My Dear Lilly: Like Wow! Really? Cool!
Whatever....., I suggest you two get married on Twitter, have fun on Tango, buy your kids on Amazon, and pay for it all through Paypal.
And when you get fed up with this new husband, sell him on Ebay.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Joke from the days of the Soviet Union: a teacher asks the students in his class what they want to be when they grow up and it's time to serve their nation.

First kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to be an engineer.”

Second kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to be a nurse.”

Third kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to be an army officer.”

Fourth kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to be an orphan.”​

Joke from the days of the Soviet Union: a teacher asks the students in his class what they want to be when they grow up and it's time to serve their nation.

Third kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to be an army officer.”

Nice!

I recently found myself reading about humor in repressed societies, under-classes, etc. Naturally, Russia was well represented. Somewhere I encountered a longer, more “story-like” version of this joke:

What is the difference between a Russian pessimist and a Russian optimist?

A Russian pessimist says: “Oh, things are SO bad, they can’t possibly get worse!”

A Russian optimist responds: “Oh, yes they can.”

[Note: any resemblance in that last line to Obama’s “Yes, we can” slogan is strictly the fault of the site where I found the translation just now since I’m a lousy joke-teller.]

https://blogs.transparent.com/russian/russian-humor-2/

Some other pithy gems from that site:

“What did Russian people light their houses with before they started using candles?”
“Electricity.”

“What is the difference between Capitalism and Communism?”
“In Capitalism, man exploits man, and in Communism its the other way around.”

“Both the constitution of the United States and Soviet Union guarantee freedom of speech, so what is the difference between the two?”
“The U.S. Constitution also guarantees freedom after the speech.”

Last edited:
Reactions: LizKat

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
One from the southwestern USA:

Freya was driving her Chevrolet Vega home in New Mexico when she saw an elderly Apache woman walking along the side of the road. She stopped the car and asked the woman if she would like a lift?

With a silent nod, the woman climbed into the car. Freya tried in vain to make conversation with the Apache woman.

The old Apache looked closely at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a red gift bag on the seat next to Freya.

'What's in the bag?' asked the old woman.

'It's a bottle of whisky that I got for my husband.'

The Apache woman was silent for another minute or two. Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said, 'Good trade.'​

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
Spanish Computer

A Spanish language teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

"House" for instance, is feminine: "la casa."
"Pencil," however, is masculine: "el lapiz."
A student asked, "What gender is 'Computer'?"

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher divided the class into two groups, Male and Female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "Computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that "Computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computadora"), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck to buy accessories for it.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine ("el computador"), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems,

but half the time they ARE the problem; and

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

Reactions: LizKat and Lioness~

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
The Romantic Husband:

An older couple had finally learned how to send and receive texts on their phones. The wife, being a romantic, decided one day that she would send her husband a text while she was out of the house having coffee with a friend. She texted:

If you are sleeping, send me your dreams,
If you are laughing, send me your smile,
If you are eating, send me a bite,
If you are drinking, send me a sip,
If you are crying, send me your tears,
I love you.

The husband, being a no-nonsense sort of guy, texted back:

I'm on the toilet. Please advise

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010

Fifth kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to make America great again.”

Reactions: Sword86

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains

Fifth kid: “Russia is my mother, Lenin is my father, I want to make America great again.”

That would have been heretical back then. :D Kid would have been making Siberia great again.

Pivoting from that to tigers (the Siberian ones are a favorite critter of Putin):

Q: On which side does a tiger have most stripes?
A: On the outside.

Q: What's the silliest name you can give a tiger?
A: Spot.

Q: What happened when the tiger ate the comedian ?
A: He felt funny !

Q: What does the tiger say to his friends before they go out hunting for food ?
A: 'Let us prey.'

Q: What is tiger's favorite food ?
A: Baked beings !​

ProTruckDriver

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2016
Virginia
Toilet Paper:

Fresh from her shower, a woman stands in front of the mirror, complaining to her husband that her breasts are too small.

Instead of characteristically telling her it's not so, the husband uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion: "If you want your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between your breasts for a few seconds."

Willing to try anything, the wife fetches a piece of toilet paper and stands in front of the mirror, rubbing it between her breasts. "How long will this take?" she asks.

"They'll grow larger over a period of years," he replies.

The wife stops. "Why do you think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts grow over the years?"

Without missing a beat the husband says, "Worked for your butt; didn't it?"

Reactions: cb911 and rhett7660

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
At a forward base, the commander calls the captain: "Take as many soldiers you need and start building additional latrines. The number of the people in need has increased."
"I would suggest, sir, instead of building more toilets, maybe we should hire a new cook."

Here's an old joke I heard back in the 80's, an oldie but goody. It helps to picture Tommy Lee Jones in the role of the Sergeant Major.;)
A crusty old Sergeant Major found himself at a gala event, hosted by a local liberal arts college. There was no shortage of extremely young, idealistic ladies in attendance, one of whom approached the Sergeant Major for conversation.
She said, "Excuse me, Sergeant Major, but you seem to be a very serious man. Is something bothering you?"
"Negative, ma'am," the Sergeant Major said, "Just serious by nature."
The young lady looked at his awards and decorations and said, "It looks like you have seen a lot of action."
The Sergeant Major's short reply was, "Yes, ma'am, a lot of action."
The young lady, tiring of trying to start up a conversation, said, "You know, you should lighten up a little. Relax and enjoy yourself."
The Sergeant Major just stared at her in his serious manner.
Finally the young lady said, "You know, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when is the last time you had sex?"
The Sergeant Major looked at her and replied, "1955."
She said, "Well, there you are. You really need to chill out and quit taking everything so seriously! I mean, no sex since 1955! Isn't that a little extreme?"
The Sergeant Major, glancing at his watch, said in his matter-of-fact voice, "You think so? It's only 2130 now."

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
What did Bill Gates wife say to him on their wedding night ?

“ Now I know why you named the company ‘Microsoft’ !! “

Reactions: cb911
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.