Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

basti_no

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
Little update: After my CC got charged and order went PFS I found a SG 256GB ready for pickup last Friday and I couldn't resist.
Totally in love with my new iPhone X while the original order is still nowhere to be found, and DHL is still "waiting for package in Eindhoven" with a delivery estimate of 24.11 (original dates 21-28.11)
So glad I picked up the one at the apple store, but now I seriously question which is the meaning of pre-orders if you can pick one up at the last minute and get it before the ones that ordered it on 27.10...
If you don't have an Apple Store nearby, there is no other way.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
German here.
iPhone X SG 64 GB.
Confirmation Mail: 9.09.
Estimated Shipping: 21-28 November.
PFA: Thursday.
New Estimated Shipping Date at Apple Website: 24. November
Shipped yesterday by DHL "Express" (shipment information received) at 10.35 in eindhoven.
Since then: nothing.
What the hell is going on there?
Exactly the same with mine. Since Friday at 10:43 in Eindhoven.
Did something changed with yours?

mdellepi

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Germany
Germany, iPhone X Silver 256 GB. Confirmation Mail at 9:10 with estimated shipping 21-28 November. They took the money on Friday and it moved to preparation for dispatch. Still no further update :(

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
Little update: After my CC got charged and order went PFS I found a SG 256GB ready for pickup last Friday and I couldn't resist.
Totally in love with my new iPhone X while the original order is still nowhere to be found, and DHL is still "waiting for package in Eindhoven" with a delivery estimate of 24.11 (original dates 21-28.11)
So glad I picked up the one at the apple store, but now I seriously question which is the meaning of pre-orders if you can pick one up at the last minute and get it before the ones that ordered it on 27.10...

I had the option to do the same at the Apple Store in Amsterdam last Friday (saw the iPhone X Space Grey 256GB available for pickup Thursday night, and could choose a time for Friday morning), but gf got pissed as she wanted to drive to Berlin early the next day, I got convinced that the phone would be home waiting for me since DHL already said "Shipment information received | EINDHOVEN - NETHERLANDS, THE | 11:47, Friday, November 10, 2017 at 11:47 | Origin Service Area:EINDHOVEN - WAALWIJK - NETHERLANDS, THE | Destination Service Area:EINDHOVEN - Eindhoven - NETHERLANDS, THE" - but as I got home today there was no sign of DHL having tried to deliver the package, and no movement on the DHL website. Kinda regretting not picking it up Friday morning now.

Edit: And of course "Shipment information received" might just mean that DHL have been made aware that there is an order coming from China, but no actual physical delivery yet, still they could be less confusing in how they choose to word their tracking information. Also confused by the "Origin Service Area", does that just mean the "Shipment information received" message was sent from there?

Last edited:

jimmyX

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
West AUT
Most likely, DHL will be trackable from tomorrow evening on. UPS is trackable from CN on, DHL after it arived in NL.

Edit:
Therefore i would be happy if the guys with "Delivery by UPS" post screenshots with actual status. So we, DHL guys could stay "up to date" ;)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Lill-Q

mdellepi

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Germany
Germany, iPhone X Silver 256 GB. Confirmation Mail at 9:10 with estimated shipping 21-28 November. They took the money on Friday and it moved to preparation for dispatch. Still no further update :(
I've received just now the shipment mail! :D
It says 27 November...it seems a bit too much, right? The DHL tracking so far has just a

1 Sendungsinformationen eingegangen EINDHOVEN - NETHERLANDS, THE 10:44
[doublepost=1510574843][/doublepost]
Most likely, DHL will be trackable from tomorrow evening on. UPS is trackable from CN on, DHL after it arived in NL.

Edit:
Therefore i would be happy if the guys with "Delivery by UPS" post screenshots with actual status. So we, DHL guys could stay "up to date" ;)
Thanks in advance
Now I get it!

fotuwe

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
Looks like a nice sightseeing tour ;D
Delivery on Wed (so in 2 days)

Destination: Germany
originally 21.11-28.11

Attachments

• iphonex_.png
    iphonex_.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
Looks like a nice sightseeing tour ;D
Delivery on Wed (so in 2 days)

Great, thanks! But why would they send the shipment in the wrong direction, first to South Korea, then Taiwan, before heading for Europe, albeit via Mumbai and then Dubai? Are they chipping off some phones from a big block at each location? ;-) Btw, my order still says "Delivers November 23" (original est. 20-27) on the Apple order page.

What is your location and original order estimate?

mjot

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
NL
Ordered iphone X space gray 64 GB
Pre order confirmation time: 9:14 am
Delivery Date: 20th Nov to 27th Nov
Status as of today: Shipped :)
Destination: Netherlands
With tracking number of DHL Express, I am able to see start point is in NL itself and destination too being in NL, I expect delivery to be in 2-3 days . But apple estimates delivery to be on 24th Nov. Does it really takes 2 weeks for delivery inside Netherlands?
Anyways, after such long wait, it finally shipped

basti_no

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
Great, thanks! But why would they send the shipment in the wrong direction, first to South Korea, then Taiwan, before heading for Europe, albeit via Mumbai and then Dubai? Are they chipping off some phones from a big block at each location? ;-) Btw, my order still says "Delivers November 23" (original est. 20-27) on the Apple order page.

What is your location and original order estimate?

It's a cargo plane, which has many stops around the world.

mdellepi

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Germany
Since they shipped it today, when do you think I should have it (Germany)? Apple says 27 and I might not be in the country between 24 and 27... It should be quicker than that estimate, right?

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
I don't think apple is going to bump any more european preorders. guess all of us with the status "order in progress" will have have to wait the full estimated time.

Dum-dum-duuuuuuummmmmmm! Just got my "Shipped"-note! :cool:

Ordered: oktober 27
Original expected delivery: november 20 - 27
Current expected delivery: november 16

mdellepi

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Germany
Dum-dum-duuuuuuummmmmmm! Just got my "Shipped"-note! :cool:

Ordered: oktober 27
Original expected delivery: november 20 - 27
Current expected delivery: november 16
So, shipped today, expected on the 16th? :eek: Why mine is instead expected on the 27th? :(

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
So, shipped today, expected on the 16th? :eek: Why mine is instead expected on the 27th? :(

Where did you get that expected date from? I think Apple will show you a later date whereas UPS (and eventually DHL) might show you a sooner expected date. Seeing as some of us got the "shipped" note last Friday for the original est. 20-27 delivery date, and Apple still says 23rd for me, for example.

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
I don't get what plane I need to track anymore, information is lagging behind as well. Anyone shed some light?

Schermafbeelding 2017-11-13 om 15.21.12.png

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
Austria, X/S/256, expected between 21-28 Nov, now shipped with delivery on the 16th :)

attensjon

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
NL
DHL site still says: Shipment information received. no further updates since Friday. But I did receive the invoice per email one minute ago. Delivery to NL.

Reactions: Lill-Q

mjot

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
NL
DHL site still says: Shipment information received. no further updates since Friday. But I did receive the invoice per email one minute ago. Delivery to NL.
Does Origin Service area is also mentioned as "EINDHOVEN - NETHERLANDS" ? Whats your expected delivery date?
My order moved to shipped state with DHL tracking saying source as EINDHOVEN - NETHERLANDS and my destination being Schiphol, Netherlands. But delivery date as 24th NOV. How can it take 2 weeks to ship inside netherlands

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.