Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
So, after three days in a row of no available iPhone X at all on the Dutch reservation pages (neither between 11 PM-12PM nor between 6 AM-6:10AM), I decided to order it again after all. Good news: whereas previously my order before I cancelled had an expected delivery window of December 4-11, it is now November 30-December 7. Progress! :p

I'll see what happens. But I ain't cancelling this order anymore, because apparently the Dutch Apple Stores have no stock. And having to wake up earlier just to hope that there's stock available and find out there's isn't... yeah, I'm not doing that anymore.

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
So, after three days in a row of no available iPhone X at all on the Dutch reservation pages (neither between 11 PM-12PM nor between 6 AM-6:10AM), I decided to order it again after all. Good news: whereas previously my order before I cancelled had an expected delivery window of December 4-11, it is now November 30-December 7. Progress! :p

I'll see what happens. But I ain't cancelling this order anymore, because apparently the Dutch Apple Stores have no stock. And having to wake up earlier just to hope that there's stock available and find out there's isn't... yeah, I'm not doing that anymore.

You should have signed up for an e-mail notification at https://www.isinstock.com/apple/iphone-x/choose - last Friday I got an alert at 23:06 that it was in stock at the Amsterdam Apple Store, went to the dutch Apple website and selected an iPhone X SG 256GB for pickup, basically all time slots were available, but as I was contemplating the purchase, the slots started disappearing. Updated again about half an hour later and it was not available for pickup anymore.

In other news, it took DHL almost a week to pickup the package in Eindhoven and send it back to Eindhoven. ;-)

Attachments

• DHL iPhone X.png
    DHL iPhone X.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 228

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
I actually got a message from UPS that its delivered in Apeldoorn but that is nowhere close to where I live... ?? I then also got a text from Apple saying it has been delivered but no iPhone in sight

Lill-Q

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2016
I actually got a message from UPS that its delivered in Apeldoorn but that is nowhere close to where I live... ?? I then also got a text from Apple saying it has been delivered but no iPhone in sight

You should probably contact UPS customer service, but if they are as bad as DHL don't expect them to fix their mess, they will tell you to contact Apple.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 15/11/2017 14:31 Departure Scan
In transit, on time. Planned delivery: 11/16

Sooooo apparently it's somewhere in a plane between South Korea and the Netherlands. Exciting. :D

jimmyX

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
West AUT
You will not get any help from UPS (or DHL). Contact Apple and they will open a investigation and demand your sign from UPS (which you should have given them when you received it).
That will unfortunately take few days :(

Tobiasfl

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
Belgium
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 15/11/2017 14:31 Departure Scan
In transit, on time. Planned delivery: 11/16

Sooooo apparently it's somewhere in a plane between South Korea and the Netherlands. Exciting. :D
Track flight UPS11 to Almaty and then UPS11 to Koeln ;) mine was on this route yesterday

Frmorell

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2017
This is the cause for delaying.
  • de Llobreg, ES
  • 11/15/2017 7:12 A.M.
  • Your package is being delayed due to the processing involved with handling lithium batteries. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
Maybe apple send Bombs

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
You should have signed up for an e-mail notification at https://www.isinstock.com/apple/iphone-x/choose - last Friday I got an alert at 23:06 that it was in stock at the Amsterdam Apple Store, went to the dutch Apple website and selected an iPhone X SG 256GB for pickup, basically all time slots were available, but as I was contemplating the purchase, the slots started disappearing. Updated again about half an hour later and it was not available for pickup anymore.

In other news, it took DHL almost a week to pickup the package in Eindhoven and send it back to Eindhoven. ;-)
Well, the thing is... I was waiting for my refund of the order I actually cancelled that day. Got it this Monday.

If I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place, I'd have it last Wednesday. Because I actually did check it the night before and the iPhone X 64 GB Silver was available.

But hey, I won't die of waiting a bit longer, right? If Apple can manage to deliver the phone in say two weeks, I'm happy. :)

comeocome

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, DHL got the task to deliver something, but the device is not physically in NL yet.
[doublepost=1510665893][/doublepost]
Your device should be on the plane UPS11, which flew to Kazakhstan, and hopefully now to Cologne.
Thanks. After one day, still no update from DHL.. can’t be taking 2 weeks for them to send from China to Europe right.. aren’t they delivering by air mail...

jimmyX

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
West AUT
Thanks. After one day, still no update from DHL.. can’t be taking 2 weeks for them to send from China to Europe right.. aren’t they delivering by air mail...
After you got "shipment info received" notification, it took mostly 2-4 days until it went forward.

bubico

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
hi
did anyone on DHL Express with shipment info received on Monday, the 13th November, got any update?
cheers

le_cagou

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2017
After you got "shipment info received" notification, it took mostly 2-4 days until it went forward.

UPS tracking is so much better. every step of the way, from china to the destination, is documented almost in real time. compared to that this "eindhoven" and then days of no info whatsoever is rather unprofessional. but hey, it's dhl, they are known for not being very good at logistics (which means they're not good at anything), so they meet the expectations.

Reactions: Lill-Q

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
UPS tracking is so much better. every step of the way, from china to the destination, is documented almost in real time. compared to that this "eindhoven" and then days of no info whatsoever is rather unprofessional. but hey, it's dhl, they are known for not being very good at logistics (which means they're not good at anything), so they meet the expectations.

My UPS tracking was nowhere close to being real-time though

doc7or

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Germany
did anyone on DHL Express with shipment info received on Monday, the 13th November, got any update?

Not yet. Though today's Suparna flight to Amsterdam is still under way, maybe we're lucky and our iPhones are already on their way to Europe.

UPS tracking is so much better. every step of the way, from china to the destination, is documented almost in real time. compared to that this "eindhoven" and then days of no info whatsoever is rather unprofessional.

I guess that depends on how Apple did the contracts. If DHL itself subcontracted the transport from China to Europe, then yes, the experience is subpar. If not and they only take over for the last mile, they are hardly responsible for providing tracking for a competing logistics company.

Aarnt

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2015
hi
cheers
I got on the 13th dhl ‘info received’ notification as well. However, it didn’t move yet :-(

bubico

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Not yet. Though today's Suparna flight to Amsterdam is still under way, maybe we're lucky and our iPhones are already on their way to Europe.

Thanks. But how do you know about this cargo company, Suparna? Is this information public?

silvermx5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
Does anyone know if UPS makes deliveries in the morning? Or just in the afternoon?

It all depends of your location. Check with UPS, to see if you can arrange the delivery at another location or pick up at UPS office/storehouse. Some delivery companies don't allow to schedule "another delivery location" unless a first unsuccessful attempt was made to your original delivery address. (call UPS 707 232 323)

Reactions: afonsomduarte

mdellepi

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
Germany
I got on the 13th dhl ‘info received’ notification as well. However, it didn’t move yet :-(
No update for me, too. Still "Shipment information received" on the 13th. I expect the delivery on Monday or, at the earliest, Saturday morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.