Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

cigz

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2016
Wonderful news, my iPhone X finally shipped ! I'll receive it tomorrow, if all goes well.
I feel like on a race and I finally get to the finishing line while everybody else has already arrived and are enjoying a well-deserved refreshment. I'll get there, too ! :) :) :D

It's nice to hear. My 29 Nov is unfortunately still processing. I wouldn't be surprised if they ship it on Monday or later... And meanwhile in the US est. time is 1-2 weeks now...

fatality789

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2017
Hello guys!

I ordered my phone on the 27th of October and the initial deliver window was 11-18 Dec. Then after a while it changed to 4-11 Dec. And on 20th of Nov I got the email that the order was shipped. Eindhoven appeared on the DHL tracking site and it is still there. The funds were taken from my account and I received the invoice on 22nd. Today, on the 23rd of Nov, status on the order page of the Apple site changed to "on the way to the customer" while DHL tracking page remained the same. Does this mean that the package has already left Eindhoven and that it is on it's way to me?

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
It's nice to hear. My 29 Nov is unfortunately still processing. I wouldn't be surprised if they ship it on Monday or later...
mine is still processing too. I have 28th-5dec
Don't despair :D it will change soon to "Preparing for shipping". In my case this status remained for less than 24 hours before it changed to "Shipped". Depending on the distance and the starting point, as well as any intermediate stops, you'll get it within a couple of days. In my case it ships from Milan , in other cases it will be Eindhoven (Netherlands)...

I ordered my phone on the 27th of October and the initial deliver window was 11-18 Dec. Then after a while it changed to 4-11 Dec. And on 20th of Nov I got the email that the order was shipped. Eindhoven appeared on the DHL tracking site and it is still there. The funds were taken from my account and I received the invoice on 22nd. Today, on the 23rd of Nov, status on the order page of the Apple site changed to "on the way to the customer" while DHL tracking page remained the same. Does this mean that the package has already left Eindhoven and that it is on it's way to me?
What's the delivery date on the Apple page?

fatality789

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2017
Don't despair :D it will change soon to "Preparing for shipping". In my case this status remained for less than 24 hours before it changed to "Shipped". Depending on the distance and the starting point, as well as any intermediate stops, you'll get it within a couple of days. In my case it ships from Milan , in other cases it will be Eindhoven (Netherlands)...

It remains to be the 4th of December. :(

deb90

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Siena, Italy

I called Apple and they told me that my iPhone will come from Milan and I live in Siena, so the distance is short. If they take money tomorrow, it will arrive on 28 nov i think.. (i have 28nov-5dec)

Reactions: geekiemac

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Most probably, yes. Apple forecast dates tend to be quite reliable, even if sometimes things arrive earlier than planned...

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
So I have finally been able to reserve an iPhone X, the 64 GB Space Gray! Not the once of my choice at first (in fact, of all four models it's probably my fourth choice :rolleyes:), but it'll definitely do. After all, I will put a case on it anyway, so the color doesn't really matter that much. And as for storage: I currently have the 8 Plus 64 GB. So yeah, it's not like I desperately need it. :p

Anyway, I look so much forward on picking it up! :D

Reactions: geekiemac

Norwegian_Imposter

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2017
Norway here getting the iPhone X 256 Space grey. Currently order in progress with delivery date as 24th November to 1st December so hopefully soon.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Wonderful news, my iPhone X finally shipped ! I'll receive it tomorrow, if all goes well.
I feel like on a race and I finally get to the finishing line while everybody else has already arrived and are enjoying a well-deserved refreshment. I'll get there, too ! :) :) :D
Sooooo it arrived as planned on 24 November :) Finally ! Boy were these four weeks long ! /me happy (animoji) puppy :D :D :D

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
It’s frustrating to read that many people got theirs some time before the actual estimate. It’s even more frustrating to see that my delivery estimate (ordered two weeks ago, Nov30-Dec7) is pretty much the same estimate someone gets that would have ordered yesterday....

Mine is still processing btw

Maan

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2017
I ordered it on the first week of November and my order is still in progress. Hopefully it will be shipped next monday and arrives at thursday or friday. (Estemated deliver window is 29 nov - 6 dec.)

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
You guys should trust the estimate, you'll get it probably on the first day of the delivery window. It was the case for me, order not moving at all until like 3 days before delivery.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
Just got an update : me phone will arrive on Monday 27.11. !
Ordered it 27.10 - iPhone X grey 64 GB.
Good luck guys !
I ordered the same one and is suppose to arrive 27th, too, but the status of my order has not been updated since I ordered it (Nov 4th). "Order created" is the only thing written under the status. There's no way it'll come on Monday, since it has to be delivered from another country first of all and that ain't happening on a Sunday, lol

fatality789

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2017
You guys should trust the estimate, you'll get it probably on the first day of the delivery window. It was the case for me, order not moving at all until like 3 days before delivery.

How much did you have to wait from the moment you got your tracking number until the moment the shipment actually got picked up and was really on its way to you? I think it really not fair that they take the money from your account / credit card when the phone leaves Asia. I mean, what do I care about that? They should take the money when the phone leaves their warehouse.

PS. I think I am starting the hate Eindhoven as a place. I've never been there but I just attach so many negative emotions to it right now...

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
How much did you have to wait from the moment you got your tracking number until the moment the shipment actually got picked up and was really on its way to you?
Only a few hours.
Recap: On Wed 22 Nov (3 weeks and 5 days after placing it) my order status moved from "Order in progress" to "Preparing for shipment".
On Thu 23 Nov the order status moved to "Shipped" by late morning and by late afternoon things started moving, I got a starting point (Milan) and an actual status.
On Fri 24 Oct early afternoon it was delivered to me.

I think it really not fair that they take the money from your account / credit card when the phone leaves Asia. I mean, what do I care about that? They should take the money when the phone leaves their warehouse.
I checked my credit card balance the day the order moved to "Preparing for shipment" and I hadn't been charged yet. I guess charging occurred once it left Milan.

PS. I think I am starting the hate Eindhoven as a place. I've never been there but I just attach so many negative emotions to it right now...
Fully understandable. :D
Honestly, IDK why things get stuck for such a long time in Eindhoven, as my order seemingly passed a different route, or if it indeed went through Eindhoven, it was still in "Order in progress" to me, so I wasn't aware of it.
[doublepost=1511690143][/doublepost]
I ordered the same one and is suppose to arrive 27th, too, but the status of my order has not been updated since I ordered it (Nov 4th). "Order created" is the only thing written under the status. There's no way it'll come on Monday, since it has to be delivered from another country first of all and that ain't happening on a Sunday, lol
You didn't get any order confirmation, or something like "Order in progress" ?

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
That moment you realize you are constantly checking if your order (from the 11th) moved from processing to preparing shipment but then seeing that nothing has changed :(

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
That moment you realize you are constantly checking if your order (from the 11th) moved from processing to preparing shipment but then seeing that nothing has changed :(
I've had that for what seemed like forever.... until one day... it changed! Yours will too. ;)

fatality789

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2017
I've had that for what seemed like forever.... until one day... it changed! Yours will too. ;)

I actually called them last week (their "after sales" department) to ask them when will my phone arrive, because they took my money two weeks before the estimated delivery date on the Apple web site. They informed me about the whole phone-arriving-from-Asia thing and told me that I will have my phone earlier then estimated, in about 5-6 days. Tomorrow is day #7 and they will be getting another angry call since I still have no phone and my money is gone.

I also keep refreshing the DHL tracking page like crazy to see if anything happened, but no. :/

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I actually called them last week (their "after sales" department) to ask them when will my phone arrive, because they took my money two weeks before the estimated delivery date on the Apple web site. They informed me about the whole phone-arriving-from-Asia thing and told me that I will have my phone earlier then estimated, in about 5-6 days. Tomorrow is day #7 and they will be getting another angry call since I still have no phone and my money is gone.

I also keep refreshing the DHL tracking page like crazy to see if anything happened, but no. :/
Definitely call them again.... where in Europe are you?

nothing changed for me. I don't know what to think, tomorrow is 28th and I have 28th-5th window. When will they ship??
Does your Apple status say "Express delivery"? since you live close by Milan, perhaps it will change within a day. Anyway, if I were you, I'd give them a call.

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I highly doubt that calls to an outsourced call center make any difference as long as your order is still within the estimate (even if it hasn’t shipped yet).

Otherwise I think that UPS ships awesomely fast so within Europe we’re probably talking about 1-3 business days.

fatality789

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2017
Definitely call them again.... where in Europe are you?

Berlin, Germany.

I highly doubt that calls to an outsourced call center make any difference as long as your order is still within the estimate (even if it hasn’t shipped yet).

Otherwise I think that UPS ships awesomely fast so within Europe we’re probably talking about 1-3 business days.

Well, in my case it will have to make a difference, since the official status on the Apple Store page for my order is "shipped", and the money has been taken from my account. "Express" delivery should not take 2 weeks. If the order is not shipped, do not take my money away from me. Do so when the package has left the warehouse and it's really on its way to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.