Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Either you have a faulty battery or you have apps draining it. A fully working until will not drain the battery by 15% overnight. I always airplane mode mine when I go to sleep anyway, losing 1% overnight.

I’ll ditch the Pixel 2 tbh. Not worth it for me since it will be worth like $300-400 in a few months.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Do you all prefer the Natural, Boosted or Saturated color profile? I definitely don't care for Natural, but I like both Boosted and Saturated.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Do you all prefer the Natural, Boosted or Saturdated color profile? I definitely don't care for Natural, but I like both Boosted and Saturated.

I used boosted on by default. Saturated is alright to me. Wish I had the ability to toggle color profile on iOS. TrueTone is what I use with my 8+. Anyways, see you guys on the other boards. Returning my Pixel 2 next week.

Reactions: Cryates and 5105973

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
My sis got the ota just a little bit ago. I told her NOT to install it since it will break her phone since she is rooted.

No ota for me yet.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
Use this trick to get downloading now it
2b7aa646d396f629030b0430a3acffc8.jpg

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Do you all prefer the Natural, Boosted or Saturated color profile? I definitely don't care for Natural, but I like both Boosted and Saturated.
I’m fine with natural but it’s a bit on the cool side, I think. So I am trying boosted now.

I had the most recent January 5 security patch available when I checked last night and installed it right away.
[doublepost=1515188072][/doublepost]
Oh thanks for warning everyone. I’m not affected but it’s good to know.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
I used boosted on by default. Saturated is alright to me. Wish I had the ability to toggle color profile on iOS. TrueTone is what I use with my 8+. Anyways, see you guys on the other boards. Returning my Pixel 2 next week.
Why u gonna return?

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I used boosted on by default. Saturated is alright to me. Wish I had the ability to toggle color profile on iOS. TrueTone is what I use with my 8+.

I’m fine with natural but it’s a bit on the cool side, I think. So I am trying boosted now.
I'm using Boosted. Coming from iOS, it feels like the closest color profile, and it looks the best imo. Saturdated is nice with the eye-popping color, but I just prefer the better color accuracy.

Bass

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
UK
Long time lurker here. Also was a long time iPhone user until half way through last year. Upgraded to the Pixel 2 XL yesterday from my Galaxy S7 Edge.

I think I'm in love with the Pixel! To me, it feels great in the hand, the software experience is second to none and that camera, wow!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'm using Boosted. Coming from iOS, it feels like the closest color profile, and it looks the best imo. Saturdated is nice with the eye-popping color, but I just prefer the better color accuracy.
Yes I think that's the one I like the best, too.

Okay I just discovered something rather odd. I want to test both of my phones as phones. Sometimes cases can cause issues so I took the case off of my iPhone 8 Plus. And I was looking it over to see if it needed cleaning and I discovered the glass panel is set into the phone crookedly, with the left side sitting up higher from the aluminum frame than the right side. I can feel the difference with my fingernail, too Jeez Louise. I've never seen a defect in an iPhone before. If it's purely cosmetic I suppose I'll just keep it, but I wonder if it will be a problem when I trade it in.

As far as defects go it's no big deal to me. Nobody is going to be looking that closely to see it but me. I just hope it doesn't affect water resistance. I think there were threads about this in the iPhone forum so off I go to take a look.

I just think it's bonkers I was so worried about defects in my Pixel 2 I did not think to see if my iPhone has any. :p

Reactions: Cryates

Mark316

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
Does anyone have the blue version? Need to decide between the kinda blue and white, had a black Nexus for 3 years so don't want another black phone this time around. Haven't seen the blue in person so I'd be buying it blind, but it looks decent in the pictures.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Does anyone have the blue version? Need to decide between the kinda blue and white, had a black Nexus for 3 years so don't want another black phone this time around. Haven't seen the blue in person so I'd be buying it blind, but it looks decent in the pictures.
I saw it in person and under the Verizon store lights it was a strange greenish gray more than blue. It's probably attractive outside of the store but under their lighting it looked weird.

With the light colored phones choose your cases with care because some of the cheap tpu ones will bleed colors or textures onto the finish. That can happen with an iPhone, too. I have a UAG case that put an ugly honeycomb texture on to my black 7 Plus via a chemical reaction and it took a lot of rubbing with a cloth soaked in isopropyl alcohol to remove it.

Reactions: akuma13 and Mark316

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Why u gonna return?

I like my 8+ more since it has a bigger screen, TrueTone display, a better virtual keyboard, better processor, stronger standby battery life, and didn't like the Android quirks. Plus, the Pixel 2 will depreciate much quicker than the 8+. I can get a Pixel 3 with 2017/2018 modern amenities or a 2018 iPhone model with better refinements.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Verizon has the blue on display fwiw. It's a nice color. I really really like it. Especially with the turqoiuse side button.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Verizon has the blue on display fwiw. It's a nice color. I really really like it. Especially with the turqoiuse side button.
Hush now. I'm envious of that button! I wish I could have seen the Kinda Blue near outside lighting but they had it chained down in the back under the most wretched lighting I've ever seen. I was trying to test the cameras and they played havoc with the white balance on my own phones as well as the Pixels.

Reactions: Cryates

Mark316

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012

Yeah I'm up in Canada and none of the carriers seem to want to put it on display lol

From the videos I've seen it's looked different depending on the light, which isn't a bad thing I suppose, and the button is a nice touch.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Yeah I'm up in Canada and none of the carriers seem to want to put it on display lol

From the videos I've seen it's looked different depending on the light, which isn't a bad thing I suppose, and the button is a nice touch.
Well, the kinda blue is a Verizon exclusive, so that's why no one else has it.

Also, this panda has spoiled me already for sure, but different colored buttons should be a thing on every device. It adds such a nice flair of character.

Last edited:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011

Yay buy the blue!!
No one on here has it to my knowledge, so it'd be nice to have a blue Pixel 2 user in here!

Don't let that influence you though lol. Go with which one you want. :)

I just love that green key on the side!

Reactions: Mark316 and 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
OMG! I just called my dad and tested both phones. The iPhone 8 Plus is going back to the Apple Store. My dad could hear me but he sounded atrocious on it to me. I'll have to see if they can give me an AT&T one. The iPhone X I had was an AT&T model and worked fine. Either the X is just a better phone or the Qualcomm modem is not playing nice on my carrier.

Snowball did great! My dad sounded crystal clear on it and he said I sounded good on Snowball.

I'm a bit dismayed at these developments with my 8 Plus because I really love the 8 Plus in general. I don't even mind the glass being wonky. Apparently a lot of them are like this. I just can't stand another iPhone that sounds like poop. But I'm not spending 1500 to get an X just to have that feature work again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.