Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
#YellowGate

Screens are never the same, it may look a little yellowish because you are used to the extreme blue tint of older iPhone displays.
[doublepost=1537535470][/doublepost]
Xr is looking better and better. Maybe the oled screens will be more refined next year.
LCD iPhone screens suffer from the same issues and even worse.

sampo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2017
Look in the archives.

Hundreds of threads on ‘yellow’ screens since forever. This isn’t new to OLED in iPhones.

Color shift at an angle can be considered as an OLED only problem at this point.

Yes, LCD iPhones do that also, but the issue has been very well mitigated for years now.

For example the X, which I did return, when viewed at an angle simultaneously displayd two tones of white. The problem is very distracting in a mostly bright/white OS.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
My X was too yellow for me when I first got it last year even with True Tone off but got it to my liking by playing with the display accommodations. I suspect I will set my Max later today the same way when I get it as I tend to like a cooler screen.

Reactions: matthijst

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
I think its not a problem when the whole screen has the same color.

But on mine you can see a gradient (from yellow to white) from the bottom screen to the top screen.

dweb619

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2012
WV USA!!!
Yes once again there is a adhesive on the screen that is drying that is causing this. this will fix itself.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
its not the glue drying myth, I got a new X last month with apple care and it was perfect first time I used it

Reactions: Sensamic

Flojomojo

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2006
It's just different, not broken. The complainer is probably using a monitor or older Apple device with a lot more blue in it.

Break your car's windshield and get the non-OEM replacement glass that your insurance will cover, and you'll see things a whole new way for about a week ... then after that, it will seem normal, or normal enough.

I'm getting to the age where it's usually my eyes, not the world, that is the problem.

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
I have a problem with the iPhone XS Max display. I have turned off TrueTone but white is yellow on my screen.

When I look 45 degrees onto zhe display I have perfect colors. White is pur white. When I move it slightly a few millimeters the colors are changing.

But when I hold it normally I have a yellowish screen. Is it normal for OLED screens or is my screen defective?

While I agree that this is a characteristic of OLED, but not all OLED are created equal. Didnt LG make these panels? Sure hope not. Their phone screens are trash, literally. Remember the Pixel 2 XL debacle?

Hernan4651

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2018
Yeah without images we are flipping our phones to try to understand what happend to yours. It's funny haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.