Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AXone1814

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2018
I’ve had my 12 Pro Max since launch and I still feel such a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction each time I pick it up and use it. It’s just such a joy to use, it feels so nice and comfortable to hold, the camera(s) are incredible, all my friends are commenting on how good my photos are since I got it. I literally don’t have a single complaint about it. It looks and feels and works like such a premium and luxury product.

I think this is my favourite Apple device and phone upgrade ever.

I know this post is kinda pointless but I feel like every time I come on here all I see is people criticising and moaning about stuff so I just wanted to post about how pleased I am with my phone.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
There’s a few things I wish it had which was pro motion and hoping we see spilt screen multitasking in iOS 15 but no issues at all with my 12 pro max. Great device and battery life is so great I never need to worry about it. Camera I would say with pro raw is the best camera or at very worse top 2-3. Not that I’m taking loads at Home but it is what it is

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
Which colour did you get?
Love my pacific blue pro max, it’s so fast compared to my old XR, battery life is great and I’m getting great reception with the qualcomm modem.
Gonna be keeping mine for at least a couple years.

Reactions: Jetcat3
I love my iPhone!

Proud owner of iPhone 12 Pro Max 512GB Sim Free Pacific Blue model.

37B7AE84-3256-4CBF-8044-B6A967D5FCFA.jpeg

Last edited:

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I went back and forth on upgrading from the XS Max but am really happy that I did. The camera and ProRAW are excellent and signal performance has been a significant improvement. This is the first phone I've found myself picking up to use a lot. A real winner for me.

Reactions: Jetcat3

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
11 pro max battery > 12 pro max. Also 12 is heavier, screen more yellow and ergonomically less easy to use.
I pretty much disagree with everything you mentioned except maybe the warmer screen? So regarding the color temperature of the display I wouldn’t have really noticed if I didn’t read these forums. I have solace knowing that practically the majority of these screens have this color temperature or some variation of it. It doesn’t bother me enough to not enjoy the phone or sell it for top dollar when the time comes like I did the 11 pro max back in October.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I’ve had my 12 Pro Max since launch and I still feel such a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction each time I pick it up and use it. It’s just such a joy to use, it feels so nice and comfortable to hold, the camera(s) are incredible, all my friends are commenting on how good my photos are since I got it. I literally don’t have a single complaint about it. It looks and feels and works like such a premium and luxury product.

I know this post is kinda pointless but I feel like every time I come on here all I see is people criticising and moaning about stuff so I just wanted to post about how pleased I am with my phone.
I think your observations pretty much represent most people who have bought an iPhone 12 device, not just the 12 Pro Max. I’ve got a standard iPhone 12 and am thoroughly happy with the product too.

Blacktinox

Suspended
Dec 27, 2020
Cheap oled and 1500$ price tag ...UI not adapted for big screen..its just pain in the a** but i understanf some of you like to hype yourself to sacrifice purchase ..i am more realistic

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyc0524

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England

Positive vibes, excellent! Not pointless at all.

Reactions: beach bum

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
Cheap oled and 1500$ price tag ...UI not adapted for big screen..its just pain in the a** but i understanf some of you like to hype yourself to sacrifice purchase ..i am more realistic
There are some issues with black levels at low brightness settings, but show me a phone display with an all white background that can hit 850 nits of brightness at any time and place? There isn’t one.

Blacktinox

Suspended
Dec 27, 2020
There are some issues with black levels at low brightness settings, but show me a phone display with an all white background that can hit 850 nits of brightness at any time and place? There isn’t one.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra has a Record Peak Brightness of 1,342 nits, which is 10% higher than on the Galaxy S10. See the Brightness and Contrast, the High Ambient Light and the Screen Reflections sections for the measurements and details. The Galaxy S20 Ultra can play 4K High Dynamic Range content made for 4K UHD TVs. ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.