Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I'm loving my 12 Pro Max as well. It's a fantastic device! I feel like I can get so many little daily tasks done so quickly its insane.

kahnmahn

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2021
Hello!

I can't express myself enough how wonderful the iPhone 12 Pro Max is making a huge impact in my daily life.

Coming from a 3rd world country. Iphones are like diamonds here from the price tag to warranty repairs. It's very terrifying if you get a lemon unit because replacing it would take weeks or months unlike it the US would simply replace on the spot.

So far I've received my gem on Dec 18, 2020. I immediately checked the screen if it has the green/yellow tint issue but thankfully I was blessed with a superb condition and no defects whatsoever.

Also coming form a XS Max the cellular reception in the 12 pro max makes the XS put to shame!

I won't be upgrading til the next 3-4 yrs. This 12 pro max is way ahead of its time. Apps load flawlessly and performance is magnificent. The cameras also are beautiful. I'm having a lot of fun with ApplePRORAW and lightroom. Makes me feel like an instant professional photo editor lol.

Thank you so much Apple for this upgrade.

120hz can wait for a while.

Beautiful cameras, gorgeous display, fast cellular and just a snappy phone all around is all I wanted.

Lastly the box design is great.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
The 12 Pro Max, by far, is my favorite iPhone I’ve owned. Everything about this phone is perfect, to me. The feel of it, the design, the color (Pacific Blue) ... just everything! It was money well spent and I am always so happy to use it. I don’t have any issues with the screen (no yellow tint whatsoever) and the battery lasts me literally more than a day during the workweek (since I don’t use my phone during work hours because I’m super busy and working, as I should be lol), and during my off days, it lasts me literally from when I wake up to when I go to bed, and longer even! I have nothing to complain about when it comes to this phone. A wonderful device and a great investment. I’m intending on keeping this for a couple of years. Spent a lot of money on it as I bought it outright and I got the highest gb!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Eh I was underwhelmed after going from Plus phones, to Xs max, to 12 pro max to mini. Wasn’t happy with many aspects of the phone after my initial excitement died down. It did have good speakers though I’ll admit that.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
never really experienced a bad iPhone not working as it should it's just so much more dependable than other brands out there.

Snayton

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2010
I hate the 12 pro max because of the focus issue. I can't wait to trade it in for the 13 later this year.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
There’s only one small thing I don’t like about my 12PM. Well, not “don’t like”, more like it could be better and that’s the graphite colour. I just wish it was darker, closer to black.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
There’s only one small thing I don’t like about my 12PM. Well, not “don’t like”, more like it could be better and that’s the graphite colour. I just wish it was darker, closer to black.

That's one reason why i got a 12, but no choice for max if you want a dark colour. I didn't really like my SG 11 pro colour either., very bland.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
„Just“ upgraded from 11 to standard 12 but feeling the same! Absolutely love my 12, love the OLED screen, loooove (!!) the new feel of it, the sharp edges! Never really was a fan of the rounded design since the 6. I always preferred the 4/5/SE shape and now enjoying it as much as I did with my 5s back in the days. :D

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Till you swap to Samsung again and start bagging iPhones/Apple.

I’ve never bagged on iPhones/apple. Like any brand I will call out the areas it needs improvements and the strengths and weaknesses it has

I already have a Samsung phone now but use the iPhone as my daily and the weaknesses of the Samsung device is why the iPhone is my daily

Reactions: cashville2400

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I’ve never bagged on iPhones/apple. Like any brand I will call out the areas it needs improvements and the strengths and weaknesses it has

I already have a Samsung phone now but use the iPhone as my daily and the weaknesses of the Samsung device is why the iPhone is my daily
some of your older posts in the alternative forum say different

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
some of your older posts in the alternative forum say different

Say different to what exactly? No OS is perfect and I’ve never claimed it is...I decided to try android as I wasn’t satisfied with IOS features and I was still annoyed we saw no 120hz this year but IOS is something I can’t not have as it works too well

If you aren’t happy with how things are going you try something different to compare it to which often makes you Appreciate what you use and quite frankly it has

There’s no harm trying other brands and devices to see what suits the user. If you are not happy you try something else instead of moaning about something when you aren’t even trying something else

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
I agree, had it for about a month now myself.

Battery life is fantastic, though I am still a bit annoyed that the raw amount of battery is lower than with the 11's. I just think how much better it could be with that extra %.

Think the only few things I'd want to change are have a 120hz screen and smaller or no notch. But it's just one of those things that it'd be nice to have vs the phone is bad. Think definitely it's the best phone I've owned (in terms of how much I like it).

jouster

macrumors 65832
Jan 21, 2002
Connecticut
Which colour did you get?
Love my pacific blue pro max, it’s so fast compared to my old XR, battery life is great and I’m getting great reception with the qualcomm modem.
Gonna be keeping mine for at least a couple years.
@cableguy84 I have an XR and have been thinking about whether or not to get a 12 Pro Max. When you say it is "so fast" by comparison, what are you referring to? I find the XR to be fast and responsive.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
is the Pro Max faster in general than the Pro? I thought specs were similar, but Max seems much faster to me...

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Both have 6 GB Ram.
Correct, I just double-checked. Then there should be no performance difference, assuming that the CPU speed is the same.

Edit: According to Geekbench, the Metal score of the 12 Pro Max is 9400 vs. 9200 for the Pro, both running at 3 GHz.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExploRichie

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I liked everything about the 12 pro max except the size and weigh when out and about. I really enjoyed everything else (battery, screen size, camera, etc.). However with my active lifestyle and after a while the novelty of the big screen / body wore off (especially with a case that actually protects) I decided return for the 12 pro.

I went back and fourth watching YT comparison videos and reading up on here to see what I ultimately wanted. I am coming from an X so the slight increase in screen size, and everything else was enough for me.

If I decide down the road I should have went max, I can always upgrade when the time comes. Glad you are enjoying the max though. I think ideally a wider (max wide) yet shorter iPhone (6.1 height) would have been the sweet spot for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.