Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris in DC

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
Yesterday my Weather Underground and Dark Sky widgets stopped displaying anything. Restart, hard reset, and removing/replacing the widgets failed to cure the problem. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix?

tech_apple

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
Yesterday my Weather Underground and Dark Sky widgets stopped displaying anything. Restart, hard reset, and removing/replacing the widgets failed to cure the problem. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix?
remove the widget , restart the device and add widget again.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Which is the method he has tried before. But no avail.
Unfortunately now we users don't have much choice for workarounds.

I did it in that order and it worked this time. Thanks!

@Feenician posted a great way to fix this yesterday somewhere in here: Simply change your system language and then change it back. This seems to fix the issue (at least temporarily!)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I accidentally overwrote my 9.3.3 beta 5 backup as I didn't realise that creating a backup of iOS 10 would automatically delete all previous backups. Stupid iTunes, it doesn't give any warning about that.

No big issue, I've just had to revert to 9.3.2 and will have to wait until 9.3.3 is officially out as Apple no longer appear to accept the iOS 9 beta profile.

Lost my backup but it just means I will have to sync the iPad back up to iTunes to get my music back. And I just have to reinstall all my apps. There wasn't really much else on there, everything is linked to online accounts these days so I didn't lose anything important.

I'll jump back on the iOS 10 bandwagon when it's a little more stable :)
Always archive your backup. Directions are listed on the Public Beta website. Its listed before you can even download the profile.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
A bug I need to report still...when using Maps and switching to another app (like when you get a phone call) the mini box at the top of the screen locks in and stays...even if you close Maps.

My Snapchat screen still shows a black box on the top left side of the screen that shows I need to make a right turn onto I-196 in 0.4 miles...

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
I've been having issues where I need
To continuously hold the speak button on the steering wheel rather than just looking press it to get Siri.
I'm having this same issue, mercedes c63 with BT connection (and media) I used to be able to press and hold the voice button the steering wheel, activate Siri (which it still does) but the purple header connection does form and it won't take any input: message XYZ, read email, etc..

I'm wondering if the type of connection has changed? Or is it thinking carplay is in place or something?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I'm having this same issue, mercedes c63 with BT connection (and media) I used to be able to press and hold the voice button the steering wheel, activate Siri (which it still does) but the purple header connection does form and it won't take any input: message XYZ, read email, etc..

I'm wondering if the type of connection has changed? Or is it thinking carplay is in place or something?
Per release notes, this is a known issue, so hopefully on the way to being fixed.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
Anyone else received beta notifications basically asking how we feel about it? I received a time/location based alert and received a notification when I dismissed it asking if it was "helpful, not helpful, or leave feedback in the Beta feedback app"

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Anyone else received beta notifications basically asking how we feel about it? I received a time/location based alert and received a notification when I dismissed it asking if it was "helpful, not helpful, or leave feedback in the Beta feedback app"
Nope.
But this reminds me "Windows Feedback" in Windows 10.

stoopkidblues

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2014
Nope.
But this reminds me "Windows Feedback" in Windows 10.

I'm not hating it. Definitely think it's an easier way to leave feedback when something changes/ happens in the OS the second it happens rather than trying to duplicate it and/or having to remember what exactly happened when sending feedback to Apple through the assistant app.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I'd have to watch it again. Perhaps they only mentioned it as part of their step by step narration of what they were doing when showing the new markup. And not as a new feature. That could be possible.
Yes. It's definitely in iOS 9. So it was probably part of the demo of something else.

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
The Archive option only works on iTunes for Mac. Your options are to copy the backup folder to another location, or just rename it in place and a new one will be created the next time you back up. You can also back up to iCloud, which saves the last 3 backups.

When you update, however, iTunes automatically archives the most recent backup of the previous version.

Source: discussions.apple.com
Thanks for the info! No idea why it's a Mac only feature? Seems an arbitrary difference.

Reactions: Oalico

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
my iphone crashes to a black screen for about 10 seconds when i try to take a screenshot in certain apps like snapchat or instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.