Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
WiFi and Bluetooth is a Broadcom chip no?

Folks need to be careful on "Intel sucks we need Qualcomm" for WiFi/Bluetooth issues ...

Reactions: theshoehorn

Rob_R

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2017
I'm having bad problems with Carplay disconnecting on this beta, particularly (but not exclusively) when I'm on a phone call. Anyone else?

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Did you report it?

I did.
[doublepost=1555000691][/doublepost]
I don’t think it’s a bug. I think it’s intended behavior. Apple has constantly been making their devices more secure, and limiting anything plugged into the lightning port from communicating with the iPhone unless it’s unlocked appears to be what’s happening here.

So what you're saying is, unless a person has bluetooth headphones or wireless CarPlay, they potentially won't be able to listen to music.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
I'm having bad problems with Carplay disconnecting on this beta, particularly (but not exclusively) when I'm on a phone call. Anyone else?
I’ve had CarPlay issues with every version of iOS since I got a car with CarPlay. I blame the car manufacturer (Subaru).

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
I did.
[doublepost=1555000691][/doublepost]

So what you're saying is, unless a person has bluetooth headphones or wireless CarPlay, they potentially won't be able to listen to music.
Not until they unlock their phone to authorize those accessories. Am I missing something you are getting at?

Reactions: HopefulHumanist

guyking54

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2015
i have a iphone6s and i updated to ios 12.3 beta2 and now my keyboard is not working like only some latter working what should i do? HELP

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Did you report it?

Oh yes, after @H3LL5P4WN posted I realised this is not a new behaviour but a bug, so did the needful.
[doublepost=1555069826][/doublepost]
Not until they unlock their phone to authorize those accessories. Am I missing something you are getting at?

What is happening, at least for me, is that the moment I press the side button to lock the screen, a message pops up on the screen regarding the USB accessories. If I do not press the side button and leave the screen unlocked, within about 5 seconds of keeping the phone down (screen facing down) the popup comes up, nonetheless, disturbing my listening experience.

And this happens every on single instance of those two actions, pressing the button or laying the phone down. It has become annoying now.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Oh yes, after @H3LL5P4WN posted I realised this is not a new behaviour but a bug, so did the needful.
[doublepost=1555069826][/doublepost]

What is happening, at least for me, is that the moment I press the side button to lock the screen, a message pops up on the screen regarding the USB accessories. If I do not press the side button and leave the screen unlocked, within about 5 seconds of keeping the phone down (screen facing down) the popup comes up, nonetheless, disturbing my listening experience.

And this happens every on single instance of those two actions, pressing the button or laying the phone down. It has become annoying now.

What's baffling about all of this is that since I had reported it, it hasn't happened. I expected it to occur even when I popped my Smart Battery Case on this morning, and then when I plugged my Lightning-3.5mm-Aux in, but nope.

Though I swear, some of my music sounds like there's a blanket over my speakers. It's happening on tracks that were from when a band wasn't as big and didn't have major label production money, however, I definitely don't remember them ever sounding so muted.

I guess the surefire way to test that would be to try those same tracks via my AirPods2.

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
What's baffling about all of this is that since I had reported it, it hasn't happened. I expected it to occur even when I popped my Smart Battery Case on this morning, and then when I plugged my Lightning-3.5mm-Aux in, but nope.

Though I swear, some of my music sounds like there's a blanket over my speakers. It's happening on tracks that were from when a band wasn't as big and didn't have major label production money, however, I definitely don't remember them ever sounding so muted.

I guess the surefire way to test that would be to try those same tracks via my AirPods2.

Funny you should mention "music sounding muted". I had this thing a while ago (prior to this beta) for some music and I thought it was just poor placement of EarPods in my ears when lying down or the quality of streaming. Some tracks also sounded muted while streaming to my car radio. I thought since this is streaming, perhaps something wrong with it.

I do not think I am having muted music issue since this beta. Will test in the car as well over the weekend.

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

Gregnyrfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011

No issues on any ios 12 versions, Mazda CX-5 2018 and VW Jetta 2016.

Check to see if there are any updates to your car's system with the dealer.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Funny you should mention "music sounding muted". I had this thing a while ago (prior to this beta) for some music and I thought it was just poor placement of EarPods in my ears when lying down or the quality of streaming. Some tracks also sounded muted while streaming to my car radio. I thought since this is streaming, perhaps something wrong with it.

I do not think I am having muted music issue since this beta. Will test in the car as well over the weekend.

I've listened to a bunch of stuff now, including the tracks that I perceived as muted and they were fine via the AirPods.

Reactions: macintoshmac

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York

Time to clean them AirPods. Lol.

Anyways. Haven’t noticed it when listening with Spotify.

Rob_R

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2017
No issues on any ios 12 versions, Mazda CX-5 2018 and VW Jetta 2016.

Check to see if there are any updates to your car's system with the dealer.
Thanks, I've done so and there are not. Disconnects or other issues were very, very infrequent for me until 12.3. I've changed cables just to make sure but based on the other responses in here I tend to think it's a 12.3 issue.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Going to try to get a shot of this ... will post when I do. right now a screenshot of a "bug" page looks no different than a normal page in a screenshot.
Go into Safari > Google > Images > search for images > click on an image to bring up the next level > and at time the screen will stick when scrolling preventing you from going back to the top picture. If you try to scroll down it closes back to the original image searched page.

happens intermittently. :(

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
When you search in the messages app, and you select a conversation, when you leave the conversation you selected it disappears. only way to get it back is to force close the messages app. I've had this problem for a while now, even on official release.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
When you search in the messages app, and you select a conversation, when you leave the conversation you selected it disappears. only way to get it back is to force close the messages app. I've had this problem for a while now, even on official release.

Reported?

(Sick of asking this)

EDIT: This comment ^^^ not directed at christian.terra. I’m just being a whiney bitch today.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.