Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Just took my IPP G2 and reinstalled B2 via iTunes.
Have had the device just lock up and become unresponsive twice since installing B2. :confused:

This was on wakeup. Touch ID that baby awake and it just froze at the home screen.

luismedina

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
Monterrey, Mexico
Weird sound bug with this release and Whatsapp, when a message arrives, the sound is played and sounds like an echo/fading sound, like a stutter, I don't know how to describe it, this happens randomly

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
My only issue with this beta and beta 1 is that WiFi doesn’t stay OFF when toggled from control center.

Turned it off
222b39f3ec4332de6464451149a9c7e1.jpg

10 minutes later:
b5fea8d34fd4a855ac147bc8e71aa8e3.jpg

Looks like I’m the only one with this issue.
You're definitely not the only one. It's all the more noticeable because wifi connectivity is garbage in iOS 12.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
My only issue with this beta and beta 1 is that WiFi doesn’t stay OFF when toggled from control center.

Turned it off
222b39f3ec4332de6464451149a9c7e1.jpg

10 minutes later:
b5fea8d34fd4a855ac147bc8e71aa8e3.jpg

Looks like I’m the only one with this issue.

I'm not having this issue, but I've also been in the same location all day. I know this not only is affected by time, but also turns back on if you travel a certain distance away from where you disabled it. Maybe they lowered the distance threshold?

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Anyone outside of the US notice that Apple Pay cash is no longer in the setup on the iPhone with iOS 12.3 beta 2.

Not showing in Canada.
Still showing here in the uk but now it won’t allow you to set it up. Before it asked me for a zip code etc which obviously we don’t have in the uk.

Attachments

• 14990CE6-26F4-4662-80A1-800F4E3CE5A3.png
    14990CE6-26F4-4662-80A1-800F4E3CE5A3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 240

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Question, is the PB a slightly different version when it’s released a day later? Sometimes it’s the same day release and others it’s delayed. Is it because they wait to hear some immediate feedback and tweak it a bit before the release?

FriendlyPanda

Suspended
Mar 11, 2019
California
Question, is the PB a slightly different version when it’s released a day later? Sometimes it’s the same day release and others it’s delayed. Is it because they wait to hear some immediate feedback and tweak it a bit before the release?

It's the same build. It's because they wait to hear feedback and make sure there aren't any showstopper issues before giving it to the public.

Reactions: roncron and dk001

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
No its the exact same. Just delayed a bit for public testers. For reasons like you mention or some catastrophic issue that may appear. Typically same day releases are with higher beta versions closer to release and early betas are a day or two later for public testers.

Reactions: dk001

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Reporting in about cellular and WiFi performance.

*Its stable so far. No random drops from full signal to No Service. Too early to tell. Will report back.

*one change: Signal is now regaining quickly during every train stop. Where before it took more than 2 mins after loosing signal. (Traveling NYC subway, signal only between subway stations).

*wifi is much better overall since 12.1. It feels more stable in this beta on the XS Max. It’s still not exactly where I want it to be vs my 7 Plus. But. It’s about 90% there. I believe this is the best it will get. Speeds are close now as well when I’m about the same distance apart from the router.

Update. I just randomly lost signal. So still not fixed or improved.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Can anyone compare 12.2 to 12.3 beta 2? For some reason 12.2 isn’t working that well for me and I’m tempted to join the public beta to get myself away from 12.2 as soon as possible. But I guess moving to the beta could raise more problems than it solves...

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Can anyone compare 12.2 to 12.3 beta 2? For some reason 12.2 isn’t working that well for me and I’m tempted to join the public beta to get myself away from 12.2 as soon as possible. But I guess moving to the beta could raise more problems than it solves...

Ah, if only there were a thread here on Macrumors that discussed issues with this new beta!

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
How many of us are simultaneous Android users?

I am using a Mi A2 6GB +128GB device, Android 9 patched up to March security updates. Every single app opens faster on this device than the iOS counterpart on my iPhone 8. What gives?

Reddit
Medium
OpenSignal
1Password
WhatsApp
LinkedIn

Can anyone else feel this difference?

System snappiness is on a whole other level on this Android device of mine at the moment. I love the iOS environment for the default privacy level it offers, but each time I handle my Android 9 device I am left a little peeved that stock Android 9 is so much faster (Mi A2 6GB) whereas iPhone 8 feels sluggish in comparison.

What are your thoughts about this beta speed-wise compared to stock Android 9 devices?

Do I need to perform a DFU on my device now? The last I did was in October 2018, since then, I am on incremental updates OTA.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
How many of us are simultaneous Android users?

I am using a Mi A2 6GB +128GB device, Android 9 patched up to March security updates. Every single app opens faster on this device than the iOS counterpart on my iPhone 8. What gives?

Reddit
Medium
OpenSignal
1Password
WhatsApp
LinkedIn

Can anyone else feel this difference?

System snappiness is on a whole other level on this Android device of mine at the moment. I love the iOS environment for the default privacy level it offers, but each time I handle my Android 9 device I am left a little peeved that stock Android 9 is so much faster (Mi A2 6GB) whereas iPhone 8 feels sluggish in comparison.

What are your thoughts about this beta speed-wise compared to stock Android 9 devices?

Do I need to perform a DFU on my device now? The last I did was in October 2018, since then, I am on incremental updates OTA.
I don't have a side device and decided long ago that I was done giving Android my time but I can tell from videos I see that they've definitely sped up their animations to make them faster than iOS. I would say "at least iOS has dem buttery smooth animations" but yeah...

Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.