Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Suspect this beta has issues; just experienced a hard crash where it powered off my iPhone 11 Pro: Created a “Full-Panic-Log” in analytics data.

iOSBry

vince085

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2016
Is the airplay menu in the now playing screen new?
46E4AE31-CE86-4A55-89F9-BC46862DDAA8.png

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Suspect this beta has issues; just experienced a hard crash where it powered off my iPhone 11 Pro: Created a “Full-Panic-Log” in analytics data.

iOSBry
Is this type crash unique to 14.2 beta or did it also happen on 14.1?

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Broadly speaking, does this beta resolve more issues than those in 14.1?

Well, it resolves issues, whether it's more or not, well compare the release note for both and you will have your answer (Check post #1 on this thread and the #1 in the 14.1 thread)

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
The release notes for beta 4 aren't exactly full of info!

If you want to be on the beta track, install 14.2 beta 4. if you don't, install 14.1.
Thats the reason I was wondering does this 14.2 beta 4 resolve more issues than those in 14.1?
The objective is to use that version which resolves more, irrespective of whether it is a beta or otherwise.

Apple TarHeel

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2012
I downloaded Beta 4 and did a hard reset ... after signing back into iCloud and all other services I cannot get previously purchased apps or new apps to download ... the download button just spins in a circle and resets ... is this a known bug? I have reset my iPhone twice from scratch and get the same result ... logging out of iCloud/iTunes and back in does not fix the problem ... iPhone 11 Pro Max ... thanks!

high3r

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2015
Hungary
Calls still don't appear on Watch (S4). A reboot fixes it temporarily then it's back to not working again. Looks like I have to set up the 12 Pro as new this Friday, will not try my luck with this buggy beta.

Reactions: NNowak19

NNowak19

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2013
Calls still don't appear on Watch (S4). A reboot fixes it temporarily then it's back to not working again. Looks like I have to set up the 12 Pro as new this Friday, will not try my luck with this buggy beta.

Same issue for me. Works after a reset on the watch or phone, but then after awhile doesn’t work again.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Hey, this may or may not be related to iOS14 but ever since I updated I am experiencing a lack of "Shuffle" on my playlists when I'm out running. It's so friggin' annoying. It constantly sets the "repeat" button and my playlist doesn't get shuffled no matter how many times I undo the "repeat"... does anyone have any insight on this? sorry if this is not the appropriate thread.

Speaking of iOS14 I did notice that I was constantly losing connection to my bluetooth in my car when driving/playing music (luckily this never occurred with my Beats) but it makes me think that issue has been fixed.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Thats the reason I was wondering does this 14.2 beta 4 resolve more issues than those in 14.1?
The objective is to use that version which resolves more, irrespective of whether it is a beta or otherwise.
Probably much of a muchness, to be honest. If you go 14.1 you could easily change your mind and go 14.2 later; it's a bit more tricky the other way around.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Does anybody know if the recently played feature in the control center music player is meant to only work with Apple’s apps like Music and Podcasts or it is actually designed to work with other apps as well when 14.2 goes public?

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Probably much of a muchness, to be honest. If you go 14.1 you could easily change your mind and go 14.2 later; it's a bit more tricky the other way around.

exactly. For some people there might be tons of things resolved as they had many issues with 14.0, for others, may not have much resolved, as they had minimal issues on 14.0.

Both releases fix things. Both break a couple things. That’s the nature of new versions.

It’s basically subjective. That’s why I said to compare the release notes, as that’s something definitive, from the outside at lease.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Does anybody know if the recently played feature in the control center music player is meant to only work with Apple’s apps like Music and Podcasts or it is actually designed to work with other apps as well when 14.2 goes public?
Are you talking about the widget that comes up on the lockscreen when you connect headphones? I don't see anything pertaining to that in Control Center options.

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
We should start seeing IPSW for iPhone 12 hopefully around (or before) 5PM Eastern tomorrow, as that’s when the Australian stores are opening (8am local time)

Reactions: gank41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.