Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
CarPlay very buggy (for me) iOS Public Beta 2 on iPhone XS Max, 2017 Audi Q2 MMI system. When connected it can take over 5 minutes to show as connected, Google Maps when opened takes similar time to go from blank white screen to map screen and then freezes! Not every time but what seems like most times or whenever I really need it

CarPlay has been nearly flawless on my 2020 Ford Escape Titanium (SYNC3).

Reactions: psycho93

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
CarPlay very buggy (for me) iOS Public Beta 2 on iPhone XS Max, 2017 Audi Q2 MMI system. When connected it can take over 5 minutes to show as connected, Google Maps when opened takes similar time to go from blank white screen to map screen and then freezes! Not every time but what seems like most times or whenever I really need it
CarPlay (Lexus 2019 NX300) works pretty well - actually connects faster (using USB) than it did before. Only issue was Waze - before their last update - did not utilize the GPS to find where I was on the highway, even though Apple Maps had no issues. Only issue with Apple Maps - and not CarPlay related - is it does not save where I park my car like it did in iOS 13 especially if I try to find the location on my Series 5 AW after I walk away from the car.

Reactions: psycho93

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
CarPlay (Lexus 2019 NX300) works pretty well - actually connects faster (using USB) than it did before. Only issue was Waze - before their last update - did not utilize the GPS to find where I was on the highway, even though Apple Maps had no issues. Only issue with Apple Maps - and not CarPlay related - is it does not save where I park my car like it did in iOS 13 especially if I try to find the location on my Series 5 AW after I walk away from the car.

Not seeing issues with parked car location... but yeah, there was that GPS thing. It wasn't Waze, per se, as I saw the same GPS issue with Google Maps... was an iOS/GPS thing... but seems to be better now. And while I prefer Waze, Apple Maps is pretty solid in my area, so I can live with it if I have to. (The biggest difference for me is the crowdsourcing if traffic issues/police speed traps/etc.)

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
I saw two Apple Maps issues over the weekend using CarPlay. We drove about 2 hrs away and back. On the way there I lost the map, it was just squares with lines on the map. Highways still showed though.

Also it said we would be home about 245 pm, when 340 pm was actually realistic. I stopped navigation and restarted. It gave the accurate time for arrival.

sudevg

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm outside India and rely heavily on Mobile Banking from Axis Bank in India. Can anyone in India confirm if Axis Bank Mobile banking app works with iOS 14 Beta. If I recall correctly, it wasn't working with iOS 13 Beta so I'm holding back with this beta as of yet.

hArrisburger

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2013
Is anyone having issues with Chromecasting with any apps? Specifically I cast my Peloton workouts and it seems the transition from warmup to workout causes the cast to either restart or completely stop.

GCHASE1995

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
Hopefully with today’s beta3 release, many of the apps having problems will be moved up to the “working” section!

I love the optimism and wish amazon music and Pokémon go would work. The release notes say this is why some apps crash

Attachments

• 160CCB25-2816-4C4F-BEAB-2BE50EB7F089.jpeg
    160CCB25-2816-4C4F-BEAB-2BE50EB7F089.jpeg
    478.5 KB · Views: 145

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Money Pro still crashing on beta 3 when changing the date of the transaction. Every year this is the app that has the most problems that I use.

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
The same thing happens to me with Facebook messenger sometimes when I try to take in app pictures. I have a feeling this is an iOS wide bug or some type of library issue with doing in app pictures.

I found that in Facebook messenger and very very occasionally in iOS messages but the iOS messages usually seems to work. Happens every single time in the Facebook messenger one though

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Does Pokemon Go still crash on iOS 14 beta 3?
Asking the real question right here! Also I’m being serious, all niantic apps crashed on startup.
Would also like to know if sky go is working again for Uk users?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.