Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Barclaycard UK have today put out an updated app which looks promising. When I tried to register on the previous version it told me I was jailbroken but on this version it was going smoothly. I pulled out because I already have 4 devices running the app and don’t want it on my beta phone.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Both the Barclays card app, and Amazon Music are working fine for me but are listed as not working in the OP.

Barclays complains about a jailbreak but still works. Amazon Music just works like normal. Running on B2.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Both the Barclays card app, and Amazon Music are working fine for me but are listed as not working in the OP.

Barclays complains about a jailbreak but still works. Amazon Music just works like normal. Running on B2.

Even after a re-install Amazon Music crashes as soon as I press Play.

And do you mean Barclays Bank, Barclaycard or Barclaycard UK?

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID

Barclays US, for the card you get financing an Apple device in the US.
78221893-317F-4CD1-8EAC-BEAB33354438.png

Reactions: GBstoic

Dave.Inwood1988

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2019

My Barclays app was complaining about jailbroken and another error (the separate error was account related) there was an update to the Barclays app yesterday and I can now log in fine with no jailbroken issues

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Barclays US, for the card you get financing an Apple device in the US.

My Barclays app was complaining about jailbroken and another error (the separate error was account related) there was an update to the Barclays app yesterday and I can now log in fine with no jailbroken issues

I posted this earlier (maybe here, maybe another thread). I have an American Airlines affinity card issued by Barclays. The first time I launched the app after installing DP1, I got the "this device appears to be jailbroken" error. The prompts were to continue or quit. I chose 'continue'. The app opened, using FaceTime authentication. It's been flawless ever since. I am NO LONGER prompted or warned about being jailbroken... it just launches, authenticates via FaceTime, and away we go. Period.

FireRx

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
had an issue with Apple Health this morning where it stopped recording my daily step count. Had to reboot the iphone to get it to record again. Also could not submit to feedback afterwards to report it.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Is NordVPN working on ios 14 beta ? thinking to install the public beta but, need this vpn to work .. thx.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Starling Bank update available. Now that it works hopefully this update doesn’t break it. Anyone updated yet? Still working?

Last edited:

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Just a warning to those who might find this before trying (saw a similar warning on Reddit after I did it). Do not enable smart invert on iOS 14 on an iPad.

Just soft bricked (so to speak) my 2017 iPP 12.9 by enabling smart invert. Screen went instantly black with the backlight remaining on, essentially nothing but a black screen is being displayed although I'm sure the OS is purring along. Forced restarts do nothing since the inverted screen setting persists. I'm sure I could blindly disable smart invert, if I could somehow unlock my iPP via passcode and by some miracle get into Accessibility settings screen blindly and toggle it. Going to restore the iPad instead.

Last edited:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Just a warning to those who might find this before trying (saw a similar warning on Reddit after I did it). Do not enable smart invert on iOS 14 on an iPad.

Just soft bricked (so to speak) my 2017 iPP 12.9 by enabling smart invert. Screen went instantly black with the backlight remaining on, essentially nothing but a black screen is being displayed although I'm sure the OS is purring along. Forced restarts do nothing since the inverted screen setting persists. I'm sure I could blindly disable smart invert, if I could somehow unlock my iPP via passcode and by some miracle get into Accessibility settings screen blindly and toggle it. Going to restore the iPad instead.
Wrong thread no?

Invisibro

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2020
First Hawaiian Bank app won’t launch.

Displays blank white screen on startup then crashes. Tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall, still no go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.