Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Nolan9997

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2020
United Kingdom
Bit niche, but Appkettle crashes every time.

Starts up ok, then searches the network for a kettle and crashes before it finishes that operation. Will test again if the app gets updated or at the next beta release.

View attachment 932733

I rarely use the app anyway, as I have a shortcut set up (which works awesomely with the back-tapping function by the way).

I have been having a similar problem with one of my smart home apps. TP Link Kasa app crashes when I try to create or edit a schedule.

Reactions: ddvmor

FlexPen76

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Any VW drivers about? Does the We Connect app work?

Just installed PB on my iPhone 11 Pro and both the VW Connect Go and VW Connect app starts OK and look to be working. Went a drive and the journey was logged ok, and I could remote lock the car and activate the lights. Think it’s all ok but as you probably know the VW app is sometimes buggy in itself!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Reados

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Installed PB 2 days ago and was attempting to use Waze yesterday. It was bonkers. GPS not staying connected, failing to follow my location properly, no re-routing when I chose to take a different turn. Even the map didn't stay pointed in the proper direction.

Just saw a weird message from Waze saying "Sorry for issues" or something. So maybe it wasn't the PB?

Anyone else have issues w/ Waze yesterday?

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Installed PB 2 days ago and was attempting to use Waze yesterday. It was bonkers. GPS not staying connected, failing to follow my location properly, no re-routing when I chose to take a different turn. Even the map didn't stay pointed in the proper direction.

Just saw a weird message from Waze saying "Sorry for issues" or something. So maybe it wasn't the PB?

I didn't leave the house yesterday... but I've been using Waze for years now... and so far, with DP1 and DP2, I've had no issues at all with Waze not tracking or performing as expected. I did see an update a day or two ago, and another one this morning, so maybe...

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I didn't leave the house yesterday... but I've been using Waze for years now... and so far, with DP1 and DP2, I've had no issues at all with Waze not tracking or performing as expected. I did see an update a day or two ago, and another one this morning, so maybe...

For some reason it seems that every PB I’ve participated in has had GPS issues. The typical issue I see is more related to taking a long time to reacquire GPS position after loss of signal (ie: subway ride).

Anyway, hoping this was a Waze issue and not an iOS PB issue.

ajf.350d

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2010
Worcestershire, UK
Potentially got an issue with YouTube.
Struggling to load Live feed videos, just sits with the whirling circle.
Normal videos are fine, but this only seems to have started since I put IOS14 on.
Same streams play Ok on MacBook.

anyone else had this issue?

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
Hello

I have an iPhone XS Max running pubic beta 2 (which is PB 1 actually I thought, but it says 2).

I initially noticed the issue on my watch but now I see the same behavior on my phone notifications. When an email comes in I receive a notification on the watch and the phone from Outlook that says:

New Message
Open Outlook to read your message

I have checked all the notification and privacy settings and I found a setting in Notifications for Outlook. Under options it offers "Show Previews" and I set it to Always. But no luck.

In the past, I always could see a preview of the message. My iPad, still on iPad OS 13.6, works fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.

One else with this notification issue with Outlook? we have several at our large Corp. With the same issue.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
For some reason it seems that every PB I’ve participated in has had GPS issues. The typical issue I see is more related to taking a long time to reacquire GPS position after loss of signal (ie: subway ride).

Anyway, hoping this was a Waze issue and not an iOS PB issue.

Updating my Waze issues....still there today. Basically it’s losing GPS, warns you when you try to create an alert such as police location or obstruction in the road.

Haven’t tested other apps yet, but assuming I may see similar issues with any that use GPS.

Anyone else seeing GPS issues?

Ma21

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2020
Updating my Waze issues....still there today. Basically it’s losing GPS, warns you when you try to create an alert such as police location or obstruction in the road.

Haven’t tested other apps yet, but assuming I may see similar issues with any that use GPS.

Yes me too. If i use Googlemaps, the GPS issues.

Reactions: Geckotek

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010

Used it last night, no GPS issues, though I didn't try to report anything.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Bank of America opens for me. However, when i try to deposit a check through the app it causes the phone to restart.

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Does Mario Kart Tour still crash on launch that anyone knows? Also does anyone use Money Pro that could comment on it working or not? Thanks in advance!

appleman3000

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2019
T-Maybe app is copying from clipboard.
8182B57A-0D32-47AB-B23A-01A622ABA3EA.png
A9113B29-D9E3-441B-AD4C-2AEE2328F93A.png

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Does Mario Kart Tour still crash on launch that anyone knows? Also does anyone use Money Pro that could comment on it working or not? Thanks in advance!
Mario Kart Tour still crashing, unfortunately.

I don't use Money Pro, so can't check that for you.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Had an issue with GPS today. Went to work for a couple of hours and Waze/GPS worked perfectly all the way there. However, when coming home, my location, as shown in Waze, didn't change. No 'car' icon movement, no map scrolling as I got closer and closer to home. Tried Google Maps and experienced the same thing. Switched to Apple Maps in the CarPlay dashboard mode, and all was working... after about 5 minutes in Apple Maps, I switched back to Waze and it was working again.

Reported it to Apple via feedback. We shall see.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Love the new widgets still playing with them especially the shortcuts widgets love how you can put them in folders and then stack them in to a single widget!

The only widget that does not work for me is News. it doesn't matter if I use my 11plus or my iPad Pro nothing comes up no matter how long I leave it.

But I am sure it will be fixed and its not a deal breaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.