Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Wizpod96

macrumors member
May 4, 2017
Have not looked at every page - Verizon app launches, but upon launching it causes music playing via Apple Music to pause.

Project Alice

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Post Falls, ID
Potentially got an issue with YouTube.
Struggling to load Live feed videos, just sits with the whirling circle.
Normal videos are fine, but this only seems to have started since I put IOS14 on.
Same streams play Ok on MacBook.

anyone else had this issue?
I tried to play a video today on YouTube and it wouldn’t load. Just stayed black. Went into Safari and it worked fine. That wasn’t a live feed, just a regular video.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2007
My Apple Watch does not work well since going to iOS 14. Currently only syncs some of the time and also most apps have a generic icon (see attached screenshot). Even tried resetting watch, deleting and reinstalling Apple Watch app and tried setting up as new instead of backup and same results.

Attachments

• 014E637F-FEE2-4FF7-8B80-ABEC78407EFC.png
    014E637F-FEE2-4FF7-8B80-ABEC78407EFC.png
    410.4 KB · Views: 104

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
My Apple Watch does not work well since going to iOS 14. Currently only syncs some of the time and also most apps have a generic icon (see attached screenshot). Even tried resetting watch, deleting and reinstalling Apple Watch app and tried setting up as new instead of backup and same results.
I have several generic icons as well. Not unexpected with beta. It has done that many times before in previous betas. I wouldn’t worry about it. It will get fixed in future betas.

Reactions: Angelo921

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
My August lock doesn’t work under iOS 14. I have a first gen lock, which worked fine up until I installed iOS 14. It shows the lock in the app, tapping to unlock results in a sound on the lock but it doesn’t do anything. I reset the lock just to check and it seems to find it but fails during calibration.

I love iOS 14 too much to go back. I can live with no lock until August fixes this.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
My August lock doesn’t work under iOS 14. I have a first gen lock, which worked fine up until I installed iOS 14. It shows the lock in the app, tapping to unlock results in a sound on the lock but it doesn’t do anything. I reset the lock just to check and it seems to find it but fails during calibration.

I love iOS 14 too much to go back. I can live with no lock until August fixes this.

Mine works pretty consistently. Sometimes, it's slow to respond... but it does work.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Had an issue with GPS today. Went to work for a couple of hours and Waze/GPS worked perfectly all the way there. However, when coming home, my location, as shown in Waze, didn't change. No 'car' icon movement, no map scrolling as I got closer and closer to home. Tried Google Maps and experienced the same thing. Switched to Apple Maps in the CarPlay dashboard mode, and all was working... after about 5 minutes in Apple Maps, I switched back to Waze and it was working again.

Reported it to Apple via feedback. We shall see.
Thanks, this sounds exactly what I've been experiencing. I've also been meaning to report but got sidetracked.

As an update, my Waze has actually worked well the last 2 days. Odd behavior.
[automerge]1594735713[/automerge]
Any one tried Intune with IOS14?
My device is InTune joined and I'm not having issues so far.

Not having this exact issue (my apps show up), but my synced photos disappeared and can't get them to return no matter what I do.

Last edited:

Kelowna77

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
Working:
Td bank (Canada)
Overdrive
Gardenscapes
Board kings
Spark email
Netflix
Youtube
Rokie
Spotify
Facebook pages
sleep cycle
TikTok
Freedom mobile
Dashlane
Emma
Ezviz security camera app
Waze
Subway
Tapatalk
Rakuten slice package tracking
IMDb
Skipthedishes
Ubereats
Doordash
Dayforce
Humanity

Issues:
Solitaire pets - works but won’t let you view videos for free lives or boosts

Last edited:

lotus8

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
USA Today app keeps crashing when I open. Tried deleting the app.... odd thing I go into App Store and it still says ‘open‘ no chance to redownload even though app is gone. I’ve signed out, restarted, etc....

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
USA Today app keeps crashing when I open. Tried deleting the app.... odd thing I go into App Store and it still says ‘open‘ no chance to redownload even though app is gone. I’ve signed out, restarted, etc....

In the App Store, press on the USA Today app and swipe right to left... see if you can delete it there.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Content blockers completely broken for anyone else? Safari acts like they aren’t installed.

Purify/1blocker

lotus8

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
In the App Store, press on the USA Today app and swipe right to left... see if you can delete it there.
Thanks. Tried no option pops up to allow to delete. <shrugs> ty though! I’ve deleted the app everywhere and it just won’t go away! lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.