Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

shad0whawk

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Strongbox Password Safe launches fine but freezes if you try to view an entry’s details in portrait mode as of beta 3. Placing the phone and app into landscape mode bypasses the issue for the time being.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
That's four updates without a fix now. Just incredible. Even Valve fixed Steam for Big Sur and there's not even a public beta for that yet.
I wouldn't expect any updates until iOS 14 is ready to be released. If they happen, then great, but I wouldn't expect it. I have some apps that I can't do without (including some games, so I hear you), so always check whether they work or not before I update to the beta.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Has anyone tried the Gear.Club racing game on iOS14? Its the only game i have on my phone and generally play it every day if only for a few mins some days just to do daily challenges etc.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Has anyone tried the Gear.Club racing game on iOS14? Its the only game i have on my phone and generally play it every day if only for a few mins some days just to do daily challenges etc.
Yep, it works ok. Go for it!

Micool1

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
I wouldn't expect any updates until iOS 14 is ready to be released. If they happen, then great, but I wouldn't expect it. I have some apps that I can't do without (including some games, so I hear you), so always check whether they work or not before I update to the beta.
Yeah I'm not expecting a fix until the GM is released. Could be surprised though.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
That's four updates without a fix now. Just incredible. Even Valve fixed Steam for Big Sur and there's not even a public beta for that yet.
At this point, I don’t see them even bothering to fix it at all as much as I wish they would. :confused:
You guys new around here? Because if you aren‘t, you should know that Pokemon Go is always like that with new major release betas. They don‘t „unbrick“ the app on purpose.

Rule of thumb is: if you want to play Pokemon Go, steer clear of these betas. That rule will probably persist until the game sunsets.

Reactions: MozMan68

Micool1

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2014
You guys new around here? Because if you aren‘t, you should know that Pokemon Go is always like that with new major release betas. They don‘t „unbrick“ the app on purpose.

Rule of thumb is: if you want to play Pokemon Go, steer clear of these betas. That rule will probably persist until the game sunsets.
I've always been able to play Pokemon Go with the other major release betas though. Only had some GPS bugs, but the game was still totally playable. But yeah, there's no point in fixing it until late in the beta cycle, because there's so many changes in early betas that it could get broken again in a new beta.

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri

Nope, I’ve been through this before many times. It doesn’t really bother me that much anyway because I have a backup phone I’m using for it. ??

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
I added DayOne to the first post -- the body defaults to italic and can't be reset to plain.

mjcharlton71

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Bit of a showstopper this, and yes, I know... beta etc., but Abbott Freestyle Libreview is now broken in beta 4. Having to roll back to 13.6 and sit this one out on the phone a bit longer! Worked on all previous 14 beta releases.

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Bit of a showstopper this, and yes, I know... beta etc., but Abbott Freestyle Libreview is now broken in beta 4. Having to roll back to 13.6 and sit this one out on the phone a bit longer! Worked on all previous 14 beta releases.
That stinks. As I updated to DB4 I was definitely curious if my apps would work or not.

iPunkB

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2020
Working from Germany:

– fidor banking
– Commerzbank banking
– Arc App (Location tracking)
– Cowboy (E-Bike App)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.