Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ConfusedChris

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2013
U.K.
I’m having problems with the default Camera app. It’s stuck in a loop trying to focus about once a second.
Immediately after installing the latest public beta.
Other camera apps are fine.
(Reported.)
edit: iPad

Last edited:
Reactions: ErikGrim

Bluebyte

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2020
• Freestyle Libre App workaround ( not best, but works at my iPhone )

switch iPhone off, then on again. After iPhone started, you can scan 1 time. Then the button not works again. After next restart you have again 1 scan.
[automerge]1596880231[/automerge]

Reactions: Scott6666

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
PAC-Man 256 is now crashing at launch on iOS 14.0 (18A5342e). It’s been fine on all the prior iOS 14 betas, too.
[automerge]1596989160[/automerge]
Instagram on the latest beta just crashes if you try to refresh the stories. Anyone else see this?

I’m not having this issue (iPhone 11 Pro Max)

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Does Tapatalk go on the list as well or is it just me? Since going to beta 4, mine is no longer alerting me to new updates in Macrumor topics that I am subscribed to.

PJWilkin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
For the UK

Add to the list of non-working apps ... Waitrose QC (Quick Check)
It crashes when it tries to access the camera

It did the same thing on IOS 13 Beta, so I suspect it's a version check

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Does Tapatalk go on the list as well or is it just me? Since going to beta 4, mine is no longer alerting me to new updates in Macrumor topics that I am subscribed to.

It's a Tapatalk issue. Not getting notifications on 13.6 either. They have notification issues/delays almost on a weekly basis.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky

Me too..on all the forums I have notifications for. It does actually show the badge number, but when I go into the updates, nothing is actually updated.

ajayjp

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2016
Bit of a showstopper this, and yes, I know... beta etc., but Abbott Freestyle Libreview is now broken in beta 4. Having to roll back to 13.6 and sit this one out on the phone a bit longer! Worked on all previous 14 beta releases.

Yes. Same experience. I also noticed that the reading logs were not uploaded to account when on ios14 beta 4. It worked each time I restarted the phone and it was reading the sensor. But then I tried reinstalling and the app would not go beyond the country selection. So ended up restoring to 13.6 and I found that the reading while on 14b4 were missing in my account. I rolled back in a day so it was just loss of 1 day.

BeauGiles

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Cellink Neo now crashes in beta 4 after connecting to the battery - didn't happen in earlier betas

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
...and mine suddenly started working again last night...without an app update? Server side update?
Looks like server side. The threads on the Tapatalk forum seems to indicate it happens fairly regularly.

Scott6666

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2008
Same here. Filed report in the feedback app.

Only started with Public Beta 4

• Freestyle Libre App workaround ( not best, but works at my iPhone )

switch iPhone off, then on again. After iPhone started, you can scan 1 time. Then the button not works again. After next restart you have again 1 scan.
[automerge]1596880231[/automerge]

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
Omnifocus Beta update today to fix the broken Omnifocus issue:

Testflight link to beta that corrects this...

Forti

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2018
Gdynia, Poland
I have the ipad14 on my iPad pro 11" 2020 and the youtube app.... I tried for couple of mins to login - the new scrabble function drives me crazy sometimes. I just couldn't provide a password... :) hehe

another thing - notes app. I find it extremely hard to edit my notes, move the text, copy-paste etc. All because of scrabble - e.g. I want to paste a text somewhere and every single time it's typing some sign, like .-~`_ etc.

How they will fix it - otherwise the scrabble is kinda useless (and ye - I like typing a notes, but sometimes it's painfull).

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
facebook app.. i'm using iphone 7..sometimes the keyboard cannot see the post button.I'm a developer itself and have this issue but i thinking apple forgeting the small screen.

MarcWinNJ

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2020
Is anyone having issues with Messages. It freezes constantly and then force quits itself. Have been reading multiple sites and am not seeing it being called out.

RealPhone

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Cannot make calls with AirPods after iOS 14 PB 4. No sound at all. Have tried resetting and forgetting device and reconnecting. Also resetting network settings.

There’s no problems with AirPods Pro.

MarcWinNJ

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2020
Cannot make calls with AirPods after iOS 14 PB 4. No sound at all. Have tried resetting and forgetting device and reconnecting. Also resetting network settings.

There’s no problems with AirPods Pro.

Same problem here on the first call. Switch to speaker and back to airpods and that seems to work without having to hang up and redial. Iphone 11 Pro

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.