Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

BThig

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2019
I installed the Outlook app and it just freezes up after using for a few minutes. I tried the beta version of the app as well as the public release version. Same lockup on both.

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
Omnifocus 3 is broken for me under iOS14 Beta 4 (not public Beta, although that may or may not be broken also). While the app launches, when adding a new task, it crashes immediately upon starting to type. I deleted app and re-installed, and the issue remains.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Facebook crashes 100% of the time when refreshing screen on "Groups" tab
I've just tried it on a few groups I'm a part of and no crashes for me.
[automerge]1596744655[/automerge]
The News and Notes widgets are still blank for me with the latest DB release.
Have you tried offing and oning your phone? Mine was doing this in the last beta and offing and oning done the trick.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I've just tried it on a few groups I'm a part of and no crashes for me.
[automerge]1596744655[/automerge]

Have you tried offing and oning your phone? Mine was doing this in the last beta and offing and oning done the trick.
I rebooted and the News stack Widget is black and says No Stories. I also tried deleting the stack widget and placing it back on the home screen. It shows the black screen in the widgets section as well. Tapping the widget opens News and it looks normal then. The single News widget works as it should. I had to manually add the single News widget to the Stack Widget (after deleting the News widget from the stack) and it works as it should now. Talk about convoluted. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: scouser75

robertk328

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I installed the Outlook app and it just freezes up after using for a few minutes. I tried the beta version of the app as well as the public release version. Same lockup on both.
Outlook is working ok for me.
[automerge]1596765013[/automerge]
Crashing for me on the timeline

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Can anyone confirm that the NatWest banking app (UK) and PayPal is working in this beta?

Thank you.

Yup, both fine, as per Post #1 ☺️

Just tried it, and worked fine, multiple attempts to refresh, no crashing. Have you rebooted? Have you got any app updates that need installing for FB?

The News and Notes widgets are still blank for me with the latest DB release.

Both working fine here.

Uh. Is Facebook messenger suddenly crashing for anyone else? No updates, and it was working last night. Crashes even after a reboot.

Not one issue with FB messenger since B1 here and I use it a lot.

BThig

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2019
Working fine for me as well, got three accounts connected (2 x Office 365 and 1 Google) and all seem to updating fine.
I have a feeling that it is my Exchange email account that is causing the freezing Outlook app issue. Doesn't seem to happen with just Outlook email account.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Yeesh.
I just signed up for Marvel Unlimited yesterday.
It was working great on Beta 3.
After upgrading to 4 it crashes on both my iPhone and iPad.

dwplease

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2017
Manchester, UK
Can anyone confirm if the ‘Denon 2016 AVR Remote’ and ‘Denon Hi-Fi Remote’ apps are working in PB4? I remember upgrading too soon one year and having to dig out the remotes that summer...

bee tee

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2020
Omnifocus 3 is broken for me under iOS14 Beta 4 (not public Beta, although that may or may not be broken also). While the app launches, when adding a new task, it crashes immediately upon starting to type. I deleted app and re-installed, and the issue remains.

Same issue for me on public beta 4. Omnifocus 3 will open and the new task/inbox item buttons appear to work, but immediately upon pressing any keyboard key, it crashes. Oddly, works fine on iPad OS Public Beta 4.

atatange1

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2015
I have also been having this problem. I am logged in through an Exchange server for work, if that ends up meaning anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.