Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JemTheWire

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
I know that I have asked this before relating to beta 4, but I never got round to installing that, but are the NatWest and PayPal banking (UK) apps working with beta 5?

Packer2058

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2009
For some reason I can't share pictures to my Instagram stories, the upload just shows up as a black screen. Anyone else seeing this issue? I'm on Dev Beta 5.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
For some reason I can't share pictures to my Instagram stories, the upload just shows up as a black screen. Anyone else seeing this issue? I'm on Dev Beta 5.
nooo , just when i planned to put the beta on my phone, guess ill have to wait

barstep

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2015
York, UK
Apple News+ Missing Channels

Since updating my iPad Air to iPados14 pb5 The Guardian (UK) and The Economist have stopped working.
The Guardian displays text “this channel is not available in your region” and The Economist just shows blank pages. Other channels seems to appear as normal.
If I switch to my iPhone XR which is running iOS 13.6 - the Guardian is affected in the same way but The Economist is working.
Its only happened since I updated the iPad.
Anyone else Have anything odd with Apple News+?

Last edited:

burner24

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
The BlackBerry Work app seems to have issues when connected to an external keyboard (tested with both a Smart Keyboard and a third party Bluetooth keyboard). While typing does work, each keystroke is delayed. Curious if this issue shows up in any other apps?

ConfusedChris

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2013
U.K.
Camera app now working properly. (The previous beta caused the camera to repeatedly try to focus, and fail, whenever my Powerbeats were connected!)

Reactions: dwplease

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Thank you! Posting the thanks to so I can get closer to 25 posts and help to edit the Wiki :p

I do not find it works in that it puts all of the body in Italic on my iPP 11" running even the latest beta. And I can't turn off the italics.

BrandonJay21

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2003
Orlando, FL
Is anyone else’s phone rebooting every time they lock their phone? Installed beta 5 this afternoon. Did a hard reboot to see if that would help, but it hasn’t. I had restart problems on beta 4, but it was random. This is almost every time my phone locks.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
OK for me. Try to re-install Rainbow.

I’ve done that several times. Can you click on your icon in top left and then select telephony? I get a blank screen where the options are. I’m on iPhone XS latest iOS 14 beta.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
Anyone notice on beta 5 of iOS 14 there is no longer a call blocking app setting in the phone settings? I only noticed because one of my apps told me it was off and there is no setting to turn back on.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
Anyone notice on beta 5 of iOS 14 there is no longer a call blocking app setting in the phone settings? I only noticed because one of my apps told me it was off and there is no setting to turn back on.

Now it’s back. Has to be a bug. I haven’t seen this happen in years.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Apple News+ Missing Channels

Since updating my iPad Air to iPados14 pb5 The Guardian (UK) and The Economist have stopped working.
The Guardian displays text “this channel is not available in your region” and The Economist just shows blank pages. Other channels seems to appear as normal.
If I switch to my iPhone XR which is running iOS 13.6 - the Guardian is affected in the same way but The Economist is working.
Its only happened since I updated the iPad.
Anyone else Have anything odd with Apple News+?

I am having a similar problem after installing beta 5. On iPad it loads up to “latests stories” and then I get an endless spinning wheel underneath. If I touch individual channels on the sidebar, they will load after a waiting period. Anybody experiencing the same? Solutions?

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
Intune Company Portal isnt allowing a profile to be installed. It says it is corrupt.

WildstarBR2020

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2020
[UPDATE]
Erasing the cards on Apple Pay and setting them up again did the trick. All good now.

===============

Beta 4 made my Apple Pay stop working.

Last edited:
Reactions: KeanosMagicHat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.