Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
If Apple gives the option to turn off the black strip, how clear is the screen, what do you guys think?
5790b1ee5a0f9d51c41e.jpg

Hmmm.. I've seen that somewhere before

google-pixel-7-back-panel.jpg

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Please give an option to turn OFF spoken Siri replies confirming actions. "OK, the bedside lamp is off" is usually overkill...and quite a mood-killer.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Hmm, it’s hard to say…. It’s one of those things that you don’t notice if it’s on OR off.

You can only see the difference between the two “side by side” on or off.

I use it since a warmer screen is nice on the eyes, but I turn it off if I want to look at something as close to true color as possible (even though, yeah I know, it’s meant to be perceived as true color in differently lit environments :p )

Funny enough… I just checked if it was on or off to test, and it was off already and I didn’t even notice 🤣

Turned it back on… we’ll see how it goes.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I wish they would change back the volume bar UI on the web player in safari. It keeps pulling down the Notification Center by mistake in landscape when I try to drag the volume left or right because there really isn’t a clear touch surface indicator anymore and it’s too close to the border. At least on my 12 Pro Max.

Also Siri is still dumb. Now she tells me „the message is in a different language. Do you still want me to play it [in German gibberish]? Like … if Siri is smart enough to spot a different language, it might as well just read it if it knows I always communicate in English with person X

applepotato666

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2016
It's a must-have for me, I always keep it on. I know other designers say it's bad for color accuracy but I actually find it to help with perceived color accuracy depending on lighting, or at least I've adjusted to it cognitively in such way. I like warm lighting at home so the surrounding light can skew my perception of the colors with True Tone off.

cptcaveman

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2005
Does anyone notice Face ID not working after update to 16.1.1 on older iPhones? My son's iPhone 11 went from working fine one minute on iOS 15 to not post the update to 16.

Last edited:

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Anyone notice animations are a lot clunkier in low power mode? I never noticed a big change when switching between power modes before. Maybe it’s because I’m on a 13 Pro, and the promotion display makes it more noticeable?

Performance goes lower and lower depending how low the battery seems to be. For me even the keyboard will begin to experience major lag at 6, 5, 4% etc.

Reactions: JesusSaves

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Discoverability is a real issue in iOS these days. I've still not managed to program myself that the Dynamic Island has a useful "long press" despite seeing it highlighted in almost every review

My guess is that the Search button was added because Apple's research has shown enough people didn't know how to pull down.

Totally agree. I've had to Google several times just to see where certain settings were.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
I miss 3D Touch so much. Bring it back, please. 😭

To be fair, Apple didn't kill THAT (what we see in the video) and you still can do all these things.
Haptic Touch replaced 3D Touch, and for the most part of it's application, the behave on screen produces pretty much the same result.

As far as I remember the only things lacking with the removal of 3D Touch were the two-levels force press (peek and pop in mail for example), and force pressing on the keyboard to get a giant trackpad for precise cursor placement (which we can pretty much still do with the Space bar).

no0nefamous

macrumors regular
May 11, 2021
Ever since iOS 16, Facebook and Instagram have been ultra choppy. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on 13Pro.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.