Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Battery drain has been horrible on my M4 iPad. It drained 35% overnight with no use. iPhone has been good. Apple Watch Ultra 1 has had the worst battery life I’ve seen.

ibookemo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
No real battery drain on 15 Pro Max, 13 Min and the latest Apple Watch on beta 7. Feels the same as iOS 17 to me under daily usage.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Losing 15% from 95% to 80% after playing Clash Royale for an hour is a bit much for the 15 PM!?
Or completely normal?
My iPhone was warm while playing, maybe that’s why I lost 15% in an hour?
What do you think guys?

Reactions: Tomas1988

Tomas1988

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2022
Lithuania
Losing 15% from 95% to 80% after playing Clash Royale for an hour is a bit much for the 15 PM!?
Or completely normal?
My iPhone was warm while playing, maybe that’s why I lost 15% in an hour?
What do you think guys?
It seems to me that iPhone 15 works worst with ios 18..I have an old one 13PM neither it gets hot or it draining like hell .. question to you 5h sot with 50 % remaing its good ?

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
It seems to me that iPhone 15 works worst with ios 18..I have an old one 13PM neither it gets hot or it draining like hell .. question to you 5h sot with 50 % remaing its good ?
So no heat and drain? Understood that right?
Yeah that’s good I guess.
I get average 6-7 hrs with my 15PM, not that good but expect to get better results when beta is over for iOS 18.0 and it’s finally released

Tomas1988

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2022
Lithuania
So no heat and drain? Understood that right?
Yeah that’s good I guess.
I get average 6-7 hrs with my 15PM, not that good but expect to get better results when beta is over for iOS 18.0 and it’s finally released
I don't play games..I use social networks a lot..photography, editing..the only thing when the temperature is a bit higher than usual is uploading data to iCloud..or filming in 4k resolution

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I don't play games..I use social networks a lot..photography, editing..the only thing when the temperature is a bit higher than usual is uploading data to iCloud..or filming in 4k resolution
So you say you have no drain or heat issues?

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
There should be a class action suit lodged against Apple for releasing poorly coded firmware which is results in excessive wear and tear in particular to batteries

The heat generated and battery drain ( resulting in more charge cycles ) definitely shortens the lifespan of the battery.

Even the final release versions are absolute rubbish with lots of bugs.

iOS 17 has been a total disaster

Reactions: bogdanw

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
There should be a class action suit lodged against Apple for releasing poorly coded firmware which is results in excessive wear and tear in particular to batteries

The heat generated and battery drain ( resulting in more charge cycles ) definitely shortens the lifespan of the battery.

Even the final release versions are absolute rubbish with lots of bugs.

iOS 17 has been a total disaster
Haven't experienced any issues of note throughout IOS 17 release. iPhone 15 Pro.

mac_head

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2020
IMG_1734.png
iPhone 15 Pro Max here running PB5. Battery life is mediocre at best. I can barely make it through a day with 7 hours SOT. Phone gets hot during the day, but that could also be related to the high summer temperatures (screen brightness blasts at full brightness when I’m outside). I don’t even think of playing games when running a beta :) I hope they address this - weren’t their times when you could almost get 9 hours of SOT with a Pro Max device?

Reactions: James6s

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I’m not happy with battery life and device getting warm with my 15PM on public beta 5. Not even doing any intensive stuff and I can feel it warming up, this includes 3rd party apps and stock iOS apps & functions. I hope this gets addressed asap this coming week of betas…

Have submitted feedback with my concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stiille

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
View attachment 2409111 iPhone 15 Pro Max here running PB5. Battery life is mediocre at best. I can barely make it through a day with 7 hours SOT. Phone gets hot during the day, but that could also be related to the high summer temperatures (screen brightness blasts at full brightness when I’m outside). I don’t even think of playing games when running a beta :) I hope they address this - weren’t their times when you could almost get 9 hours of SOT with a Pro Max device?
I experience the same thing with my 15PM, barely make it through the day too, with average 7hrs SOT
Idle battery drain is also there - charged to 100% yesterday evening, woke up to 83%…
Random heat is also given over the day randomly

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I’m not happy with battery life and device getting warm with my 15PM on public beta 5. Not even doing any intensive stuff and I can feel it warming up, this includes 3rd party apps and stock iOS apps & functions. I hope this gets addressed asap this coming week of betas…

Have submitted feedback with my concerns.
I have committed feedback so many times with this problem, hope this gets addressed next beta or in the RC

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Ah man it’s 04:26pm and my battery is gone down to 45%, can’t reach a full charge lasting the whole day, this needs to get better

KingOC

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
Battery drain has been horrible on my M4 iPad. It drained 35% overnight with no use. iPhone has been good. Apple Watch Ultra 1 has had the worst battery life I’ve seen.
my battery life on my iwatch ultra 2 is crazy bad

Reactions: xxray

LouisPiper

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2021
Wondering if it would help to DFU reset my 15 PM when the official release is out…!?
Apple community folk wisdom would tell you yes. Practical data says no. Just let it run and use your phone like normal. I am speaking from experience having done many, many DFUs.

Reactions: Reverend Benny

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Besides bigger batteries, the iPhone 16 series needs a vapor chamber, what good is stuff like ray tracing if the phone has to throttle and be dipped in ice water to prevent it from melting?
Or maybe use one of the process shrinks to focus on efficiency instead of performance, at least on the A series chips.

If they want to release a slimmer, lighter iPhone 17, they really need to consider this approach of a more efficient SoC.

Reactions: Stiille

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I lose 5-10% battery within 20 minutes using a app which used to be underwhelming for my iPhone - I mean what the actual heck is happening, the iPhone heats up and my battery life flows down the river…
Faster than I could imagine.
This needs to be addressed asap

Or maybe my 15PM is broken???!

mikiotty

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2014
Rome, Italy
I lose 5-10% battery within 20 minutes using a app which used to be underwhelming for my iPhone - I mean what the actual heck is happening, the iPhone heats up and my battery life flows down the river…
Faster than I could imagine.
This needs to be addressed asap

Or maybe my 15PM is broken???!
It’s beta software. It’s normal to have bugs and issues like the one you’re having.

Reactions: souko and Stiille
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.