Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CPmav

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Lexington, KY
Country / carrier?

Yeah it‘s a bummer indeed that they don‘t provide their „own Jibe“ like service. Beta 1 leaked that they‘re opting for carrier hosted services (thankfully most have Jibe as their backend) already.
US T-Mobile and Mint

Reactions: TimFL1

maxevens

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2014
It’s due to you being in the EU

Have you tried to change the country/region to US? I'm just wondering if we can bypass it somehow. I'm from Hungary and I am REALLY PISSED about these EU things. The only thing I was actually intrested about is the AI and now we just get an update literally to be able to tint the app icons (and that's all for EU....)

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
lol, I'm not daft, I'm just surprised it does show on the iPhone. Would have expected it to be not there, or greyed out or something like that. I'm well aware it's because I'm in the EU.
Ahh, your post I quoted seemed like you didn’t know. Since I’m not the only one that replied basically saying the same, hopefully yiu see why your post came across that way.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
Have you tried to change the country/region to US? I'm just wondering if we can bypass it somehow. I'm from Hungary and I am REALLY PISSED about these EU things. The only thing I was actually intrested about is the AI and now we just get an update literally to be able to tint the app icons (and that's all for EU....)
You’ll want to reply to MVLC, not me.

DICK_CHENEY

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2021
TRying to update my 15 Pro MAx and just noticed im being hit with the System Storage bug.... 118GB in System Storage.... FML
Oh no, I'm shocked to see this again. This is a HUGE deal and a devastating bug for those who do not have backups.

Eventually it will get to the point where the user is unable to make a backup at all, and at that point they have to attempt to manually save/transfer items off their device, or restore from an older backup or sync with whatever they might have in the cloud.

I worked at Apple when this issue first appeared and there were so many cases where people basically ended up with catastrophic data failure. Responsibility is on them to properly maintain backups of course, but still. The worst bug I've dealt with and worked on during my time with the company.

Please tread carefully with this until this bug is once again resolved and be extremely mindful of how your System Storage is looking and stay on top of your backups.

Edit: From what I remember, once this issue begins to manifest, there is no way to resolve it and it's a ticking time bomb. At least until a further iOS Update resolves the issue at the software level. There were even cases where somebody wiped their device and restored from a backup, only to have the backup bring the bug back with everything else. A nightmare issue.

Reactions: upandown

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Mint / TMobile
That is very strange. Someone using Mint reported that it‘s showing for them (the toggle at least, no one got RCS to actually work in the Messages app yet).

Maybe your phone is still waiting for a carrier update to arrive?

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
I assume it's linked to your Apple ID, VPN doesn't work either.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
Wish me luck!!
IMG_2261.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.