Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
They still seem to have light/dark widgets tied to the light/dark icons rather than the system-wide Dark Mode itself; I preferred the older setting here. The dark icons won’t be for me until more devs are able to update theirs (even Apple has a few 1st party apps they haven’t adjusted), but I don’t want large, bright white widgets (mail, Google, etc.) when I’m in Dark Mode - especially in the bed at night.

Reactions: boston04and07

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Well that was odd…..
Updated my 15PM OTA, had to do the “Agree” thing. It updated without asking for the Install permission nor told me that the install was done. No “Hello” either.

This was a very odd update for me.

I almost never get the Hello on betas.

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
in that case, maybe you can change your Apple ID region to a different one, so it should work (in theory)
Yeah but that means my payment methods wouldn't work anymore either as they're Dutch. It's no biggie really, I'm not that upset about missing out on the launch of Apple Intelligence etc. I'm sure it will come to the EU in time.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Yeah but that means my payment methods wouldn't work anymore either as they're Dutch. It's no biggie really, I'm not that upset about missing out on the launch of Apple Intelligence etc. I'm sure it will come to the EU in time.

Dumb question but I suppose you are also running the macOS beta? like I'd be curious to try. I am in Germany but my AppleID has always been US

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I am seeing a minor bug with the home page customization. If I set the icon color to TINT, I cannot subsequently select DARK. I have to select LIGHT and only then can I select DARK. It's not a huge thing, but it is a thing. Reported it.

UPDATE:
It looks like some strange ju-ju going on here... continuing to test this and sometimes is changes and sometimes it just stays "tinted". I can force it by just randomly pressing the various options until something changes and then set it to "DARK"... icon size and icon color options seem to be a bit FUBAR so far.

Last edited:

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Is the digital clock option new in iOS18 standby mode? I don’t remember seeing it 17.

Attachments

• IMG_9923.png
    IMG_9923.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 81

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Am I crazy but is closing app to home screen got a new animation? Seems like the wallpaper zooms more and is more layered

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Fixed issues:
- if app uses Apple Maps as map inside app - this implementation is way more snappier than before.

- Safari webpages miniatures blinking when scrolling up and down

- Dock visible on Widgets page when used closed Spotlight with some search started

Last edited:

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I really hope this is just a bug, but folders in b2 don’t show the bigger app icons when using the large option in customization. Those big borders are such a waste of space. Again, hopefully just a bug.

Attachments

• IMG_9924.jpeg
    IMG_9924.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 53

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
That is very strange. Someone using Mint reported that it‘s showing for them (the toggle at least, no one got RCS to actually work in the Messages app yet).

Maybe your phone is still waiting for a carrier update to arrive?

Mint is up to date as far as my app and carrier info in About matching.
I’ll keep an eye on it. Until it actually works, it is more of an oddity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.