Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
No new wallpapers. I didn’t notice a limit on voice message playback
Maybe iOS 18 fixes that?

For me, I've never been able to send longer than 60 seconds with iOS 17, and if someone sends one longer than 60 seconds, it cuts them off at 60 seconds too. Infuriating.

Reactions: GoldenChild

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
No RCS in my Messages menu. Denmark, EU.

Photo app is still a mess. Anyone found a way to see the cam roll and nothing else? When someone sends me a pic and I save it, it isnt stored as the last entry on a camera roll. It is stored according to date taken. So that means I will have to scroll through 16.000 photos if I dont know when the pic was taken. Absolutely crazy. Surely there must be some other way?
pull down a bit in the Library til you see "Select" up top and click on the 2 arrows (bottom left). This allows you to sort on "Recently Added" instead of "Date Captured"

It also gives you some filtering and view options..

Reactions: sbcdk

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Mint is up to date as far as my app and carrier info in About matching.
I’ll keep an eye on it. Until it actually works, it is more of an oddity.
Yeah it seems to not work for anyone. Brandon Butch tried a few scenarios (existing chats, new ones, group ones etc. nothing works). The release notes indicate that RCS gets downgraded to SMS and that a forceful restart of the Messages app is a workaround (doesn‘t seem to work though according to Brandon).

jazzzyJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2024
This seems like a useful addition to some.

IMG_0104.jpeg

Cchase88754321

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
It’s weird. When using cricket wireless on a Samsung, RCS works (Cricket app will show Advance Communication feature(RCS) gonna chat with customer service to see if they can manually add it.

Edit: Support says they can’t add it. Says Samsung is only eligible. Didn’t hurt to try

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
So ... what's new in B2 apart from RCS (which doesn't seem to do much, if it's even available) and phone mirroring which I personally have new use for (unless it works across the net so I can fix my parents' phones when they have issues).

Is the control centre customisation now working well?

sbcdk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
pull down a bit in the Library til you see "Select" up top and click on the 2 arrows (bottom left). This allows you to sort on "Recently Added" instead of "Date Captured"

It also gives you some filtering and view options..
Thank you

jazzzyJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2024
OTA update straight from 17.6 b1 and so far quite impressed with the stability.
Can't speak for the battery yet but fingers crossed it doesn't break any important features or apps.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
TRying to update my 15 Pro MAx and just noticed im being hit with the System Storage bug.... 118GB in System Storage.... FML
Hmmm… not having this on either my 15PM or my M4 iPP. Actually the first time I haven’t seen that during the earliest betas, I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.