Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CrisiomiroX

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
UK
I really hope this is just a bug, but folders in b2 don’t show the bigger app icons when using the large option in customization. Those big borders are such a waste of space. Again, hopefully just a bug.
Do you mean on the Home Screen or when you open the folder? I’m on DB2 and they’re showing as large icons for me in the latter. I honestly can’t recall if they were any bigger in the Lock Screen view on DB1.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm able to leave my phone in my bag, drop my watch on a charger and initiate an update from my Mac[mirrored phone]
So you don't need to do anything on the phone - you can just take it over remotely? Cool.

Currently upgrading MacOS. I'll do iOS 18 later. I'm on 17.5.1 at the moment due to an IMAP email issue I had when I tried the first beta. This time I'll stay on 18 and hopefully fix it (or work around it with Outlook if I really must).

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
I really hope this is just a bug, but folders in b2 don’t show the bigger app icons when using the large option in customization. Those big borders are such a waste of space. Again, hopefully just a bug.
Not for me. Working fine

Attachments

• IMG_0582.png
    IMG_0582.png
    868.6 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: CrisiomiroX

mxidis88

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
SLC, UT
So you don't need to do anything on the phone - you can just take it over remotely? Cool.

Currently upgrading MacOS. I'll do iOS 18 later. I'm on 17.5.1 at the moment due to an IMAP email issue I had when I tried the first beta. This time I'll stay on 18 and hopefully fix it (or work around it with, spit, Outlook).
yeah...not a lot of dedicated "it's for this", but there's bunches of things that are easier if I can just grab my phone on my 'desktop' and open my work's 2FA app, instead of having to grab it out of a bag or on my desk, upstairs in my office.

jdavid_rp

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2020
New submenu for Siri even if your language doesn’t support just “Siri” trigger

Attachments

• IMG_2122.png
    IMG_2122.png
    74 KB · Views: 80

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I wasn’t on beta 1 so not sure if this was there too, but switching between dark and light icons by enabling/disabling dark mode is super buggy. When you disable dark mode, all of the icons are stuck as the blueprints - switching to large then back to small seems to fix it.

Reactions: GoldenChild

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Still having issues with keyboard sound being way too low, always makes me think I'm in silent mode!

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
See that iPadOS beta 2 in the EU now gets alternate app stores, and all that? That came to iOS in 17.4

Reactions: TimFL1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.