Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Customising Lock Screen apps is still buggy. When you add an app shortcut you then select the app and your left with a window open and eventually it goes or you tap off screen and the app doesn’t preview in the space till you close out. Doesn’t quite seem there yet or UI figured out properly.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Can’t install b2 right now as I’m not at home but I’m curious about 2 things, if anyone know.

1.Are the notifications fixed when in list view?
2.Can we remove the app name when in small mode like we can in large icons mode?
2. No. And we can't "remove" the labels at all, they are just eliminated because of the lack of space with the larger icons.

• Sad
Reactions: kvlq

CrisiomiroX

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
UK
Control panel is getting there. I’d say there’s a slight improvement to reorganising icons and adding.
Definitely. There were some controls I couldn’t position in DB1 that I can now. (The panel with the connectivity toggles couldn’t be placed in the ‘middle’ spots of the screen on my 13, now it can.)

Reactions: addamas and Pearsey

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
All I can think of is on the off case where I leave my phone in another part of the house and am too lazy to get up and get it. But that's so rare... Not seeing it either.

“Oh hi this is your Chase bank calling, there seems to be a problem with our app and we would like to offer you a personal service to repair it, free of charge, would that be ok, can you enter your phones pin to unlock the screen so we can take over your phone and steel all your money like we do on laptops?”

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Control panel is getting there. I’d say there’s a slight improvement to reorganising icons and adding.
Yep, finally can make a top 2 rows like:
[x][x][x][x]
[ XX ][ XX ]

On Beta1 it was extremely hard or impossible to get anything than mirrors of:

[x][x][ XX ]
[x][x][ XX ]

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
With RCS, @TimFL1 has created this thread:

Best to keep that confirmed to there, so it doesn’t clog this thread up.

jfiggy77

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2015
I'm having a weird problem on Beta 2 and wondering if it's just me. My notifications aren't working properly. Some show up and some don't. For some, I can hear the notification come in, ESPN for example, but when I go into the notification center, there is not ESPN notification to open. If I reboot my phone, all my notifications show up (including the missing ESPN notification) but then after a few minutes, I have the same issue and the only way to correct it is by rebooting my phone. Is anyone else seeing this? They were working fine in Beta 1.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Just tried Phone Mirroring.

Had to turn Bluetooth on, on both devices. So it only works if the devices are close to each other. For me, that makes it a feature I doubt I'll ever need. Oh well.

Reactions: gwhizkids

jfiggy77

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2015
I'm having a weird problem on Beta 2 and wondering if it's just me. My notifications aren't working properly. Some show up and some don't. For some, I can hear the notification come in, ESPN for example, but when I go into the notification center, there is not ESPN notification to open. If I reboot my phone, all my notifications show up (including the missing ESPN notification) but then after a few minutes, I have the same issue and the only way to correct it is by rebooting my phone. Is anyone else seeing this? They were working fine in Beta 1.
So this seems to be tied to iPhone mirroring. I just went on my MacBook and I see the notifications that I wasn't seeing on my phone. I just removed my phone from the control center on my MacBook so it's not the one used for iPhone mirroring. Let's see if that fixes the issue.

eternalflame

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2023
Seems quite sluggish on iPhone 14 Pro. iPhone Mirroring works but making the phone hot, throttled and rebooted a few times.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Do you mean on the Home Screen or when you open the folder? I’m on DB2 and they’re showing as large icons for me in the latter. I honestly can’t recall if they were any bigger in the Lock Screen view on DB1.
On the Homescreen. Could you post a screenshot of yours?

CrisiomiroX

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
UK

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpeg
    IMG_1910.jpeg
    808.5 KB · Views: 67

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Photos frame rate when you scroll is still not very smooth.

Agree.
On top of that Albums are still messed. Have an extra Raw folder, empty, People and Pets is blank. It cannot identify either of my dogs. I have a bunch of downloads from Twitter (X) but it shows only 2, it created a bunch of Memories I didn’t ask for, etc….

I’ll give it 24 hrs before I file a FB….

CrisiomiroX

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
UK
@CrisiomiroX It's the same. I wish they would make the icons slightly larger. Maybe future betas.

I think the difference in the curves between the squircle icons in the folder and the curves of the folder squircle background could look odd if they were larger. And now I really want to know the proper name for them. (And it had better be an improvement on ‘squircle’.)

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
The wallpaper dimming button is there under Automatic Home Screen customisation, but it doesn't seem to respect the appearance. So it's dim in light mode too if activated. Hope they fix that as I only want it dimmed in dark mode.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Can’t install b2 right now as I’m not at home but I’m curious about 2 things, if anyone know.

1.Are the notifications fixed when in list view?
2.Can we remove the app name when in small mode like we can in large icons mode?

I reset Notifications to List View. On the Lockscreen I can only see them if I swipe up. Otherwise the screen is blank.
15PM

• Sad
Reactions: kvlq

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
After reading 9 pages of commentary, sounds like I should just stay on Beta 1 for now! 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.