Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Picked up my iPad Pro 13” M4 256 GB Wifi space black with Magic Keyboard just now from Apple Sydney

First impressions
  • The iPad is ridiculously thin and noticeably lighter than the M2 iPP I had
  • When combined with the lighter new keyboard, it feels much easier to carry around than the old combo. The old combo was much thicker and heavier than the 13" MBA I had
  • New Magic Keyboard feels more premium on the inside. Keyboard lights up automatically when you attach the iPad.
  • The outisde of the keyboard is the same sticky silicone material as past versions. Not a fan so would be adding a skin to protect it soon.
  • The OLED screen is definitely more crisp and clear and pops more off the screen compared to the mini LED on the M2. But I'm also one of those people who use screen protectors and I applied one as soon I took the iPad out the box.
  • You need to update the software during the setup process.

Ask me anything and I'll respond between work meetings :)

IMG_4979.jpg
IMG_4980.jpg
IMG_4981.jpg
IMG_4983.jpg
IMG_4984.jpg
IMG_4985.jpg

Last edited:

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Seriously no diff between oled and mini led? maybe need side by side.
The keyboard looks like a black MacBook Pro, nice. Finally could be a MacBook replacement.
You like the 13" better than the 11"?

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Seriously no diff between oled and mini led? maybe need side by side.
The keyboard looks like a black MacBook Pro, nice. Finally could be a MacBook replacement.
You like the 13" better than the 11"?
I edited my comment about the screen. It's definitely cleaner and crisper and pops off the screen more than the mini LED.

Yes the combined weight and thickness of the iPad Pro + Keyboard is no longer a hinderance compared to a MBA.

I've been using the 12.9" since the M1 and it's 100% better than the 11" for my usage (browse the web, Netflix, light document editing for work etc).

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
How is the balance of the iPad and keyboard when used together on the lap?

It seems to be steadier than the previous version. Maybe because the keyboard is more weighted than before?

What about the trackpad? Compared to your 15” MBA… any major difference in terms of clicking?

It definitely feels better than the old keyboard. But the haptic feedback is better (or deeper) in the 15” MBA

Uddalak

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2017
Picked up my iPad Pro 13” M4 256 GB Wifi space black with Magic Keyboard just now from Apple Sydney

First impressions
  • The iPad is ridiculously thin and noticeably lighter than the M2 iPP I had
  • When combined with the lighter new keyboard, it feels much easier to carry around than the old combo. The old combo was much thicker and heavier than the 13" MBA I had
  • New Magic Keyboard feels more premium on the inside. Keyboard lights up automatically when you attach the iPad.
  • The outisde of the keyboard is the same sticky silicone material as past versions. Not a fan so would be adding a skin to protect it soon.
  • The OLED screen is definitely more crisp and clear and pops more off the screen compared to the mini LED on the M2. But I'm also one of those people who use screen protectors and I applied one as soon I took the iPad out the box.
  • You need to update the software during the setup process.

Ask me anything and I'll respond between work meetings :)

View attachment 2378104 View attachment 2378105 View attachment 2378108 View attachment 2378106 View attachment 2378107 View attachment 2378109
The charging brick should have been black as well. That would have been neat.
Ordered M4 iPad Pro 13+Magic Keyboard+Pencil Pro here in India. It’s in transit. Will see if charging brick is included. SuperSaf in UK mentioned in a video yesterday that it does not.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
@Boardiesboi where will you be ordering your skins/decals from? I'm also in Australia, used to get them from icarbons.com but they are no longer in business.
I have a set leftover from the 12.9” keyboard I had and they’re from dBrand. They have new ones available for preorder. Might get that in a month or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.