Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thommy Boy

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
My issue stemmed from changing carriers and having my number ported. I can now receive and send messages from android users.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Ever since installing the Message+ app from Verizon and deleting all the texts off their server, I have had zero missed texts the last 3 days.

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2020
My issue is strange in that I'm actually getting the messages, but I've had random issues where I just don't get the notification. The only way I find out I had it is going back to the text thread and I see that they responded. I might just try a good ole factory reset and start out as new. I've been restoring from backups for a while so like another user pointed out, maybe starting as new will fix it.
I'm experiencing this as well on my iPhone 11 running iOS 14.2.

Reactions: mjschabow

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
So I just did a chat with Apple support and they definitely do not know what to do with this. Just a bunch of switching iMessage on and off and messing with notification settings.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I'm having a problem on my iPad Pro 10.5. Started on Sunday. New messages are not showing up on the iPad, but they are on my Series 5 Watch, all three of my Macs and my iPhone. I can send messages from my iPad and they show up on my other devices, but the replies do not come back on my iPad. Also, if I try to send an SMS from my iPad, it will send, but it will show the green bar like it is trying to send and then say failed, even though the recipient gets the message.

I have an XR by the way and all iOS devices are on 14.1.
Same thing here. Some messages showing up on my iPhone X, Apple Watch 6 and iMac, but not my iPad. I also had the “failure to send” with some messages sent from my iPad.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
So I just did a chat with Apple support and they definitely do not know what to do with this. Just a bunch of switching iMessage on and off and messing with notification settings.
I tried doing that, too. I am still not getting some iMessages on my iPad.

Reactions: mjschabow

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I said this in the other thread, but I have Apple support looking into it. They have no clue what’s going on. The weird thing is that it actually started when I got my iPhone 12 pro. So I wonder if ultimately they’ll replace it

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
One problem that I have though, is with audio messages I send to someone else: they are on my devices but not on my computer if they started from iPhone or iPad . Anyone else ? Solutions?

Trader05

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
I said this in the other thread, but I have Apple support looking into it. They have no clue what’s going on. The weird thing is that it actually started when I got my iPhone 12 pro. So I wonder if ultimately they’ll replace it
They replaced my phone twice when I had a similar issue, not sure if that has changed over the years.
I would suggest that if Apple doesnt resolve this before your return period, i would return and hold out until its fixed.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
They replaced my phone twice when I had a similar issue, not sure if that has changed over the years.
I would suggest that if Apple doesnt resolve this before your return period, i would return and hold out until its fixed.

I actually fixed the issue by toggling 5G on and off

iskuruts

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
SoCal
I have an iPhone 12 Pro and this happens to me too, and intermittently. It works for a little while after rebooting the iPhone, then starts happening again. iOS 14.2. I had the dual SIM configuration, which basically disables the 5G, so I don't think it's 5G-related issue. I disabled the e-SIM (Google Fi) and just used Verizon physical SIM. I have the same results. One-to-one text messages work, but group MMS is definitely an issue. iMessages work fine.

Toddmcampbell

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2020
Same here. Same issues. Same attempts at fixing - turning on and off SMS, iMessage, 5G (which is garbage anyway), installing Verizon Message+, latest iOS 14.1 and 14.2, etc. nothing. Same issues. I should have kept my iPhone X. Which was running iOS 14.1 and had not one issue with this BS.

THIS IS NOT VERIZON. THIS IS AN IPHONE 12 PRO ISSUE THAT APPLE IS NOT ACKNOWLEDGING OR FIXING.

And now you want me to be the Guinea pig for your new apple chips on new hardware? No thanks. I think I’ll wait a few years for the issues to be resolved.

How does a problem that plagued Apple in earlier iPhone hardware make it through QA testing? Jobs would be pissed.

Trader05

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Did anyone on this thread who is experiencing this issue start as new or did everyone restore from a backup?
Relating to my post #30.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Same here. Same issues. Same attempts at fixing - turning on and off SMS, iMessage, 5G (which is garbage anyway), installing Verizon Message+, latest iOS 14.1 and 14.2, etc. nothing. Same issues. I should have kept my iPhone X. Which was running iOS 14.1 and had not one issue with this BS.

THIS IS NOT VERIZON. THIS IS AN IPHONE 12 PRO ISSUE THAT APPLE IS NOT ACKNOWLEDGING OR FIXING.

And now you want me to be the Guinea pig for your new apple chips on new hardware? No thanks. I think I’ll wait a few years for the issues to be resolved.

How does a problem that plagued Apple in earlier iPhone hardware make it through QA testing? Jobs would be pissed.

Try toggling 5g on and off. That fixed the issue for me.

belikewater

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
Yesterday I spent many hours being bounced between apple support, to Tmobile support, and back to Apple support.

They do not know what the problem is.
I still had it after starting from new. But toggling 5g on and off finally fixed it.
I still had it after starting from new. But toggling 5g on and off finally fixed it.
I had tried toggling 5g on and off before, and that didn't work for me... but I haven't had the problem in a couple of days. If the issue returns for you, can you keep us in the loop? Thanks.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Yesterday I spent many hours being bounced between apple support, to Tmobile support, and back to Apple support.

They do not know what the problem is.

I had tried toggling 5g on and off before, and that didn't work for me... but I haven't had the problem in a couple of days. If the issue returns for you, can you keep us in the loop? Thanks.

For sure I will. It’s been good since about 8pm last night so I’m crossing my fingers.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Weird that some things fix it for some but not others

I am going to try to the toggle of 5g, but I have been having the same issues as you and have talked with Apple with nothing on their end. I emailed Tim Cook seeing if I could get someone higher up. The thing with 5G though, my mom has the XR and since updating to 14.2, she has had the same issue. I don’t know what she could toggle that would help.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I am going to try to the toggle of 5g, but I have been having the same issues as you and have talked with Apple with nothing on their end. I emailed Tim Cook seeing if I could get someone higher up. The thing with 5G though, my mom has the XR and since updating to 14.2, she has had the same issue. I don’t know what she could toggle that would help.

Yeah that’s really strange that it would also affect a non 5g device if that fix worked for me. Also strange that it doesn’t seem to be a wide spread issue. One of my friends who has the same phone, same network, has zero issues at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.