Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThisIsMike

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2007
I actually REALLY dig this. I’ve wanted this for a long time. The main reason I have never purchased a plus or max model is the thickness & weight. If there was an “air” version of a large screen phone, I might actually cave and purchase one.

The Apple Bitch

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2024
Bring back the SE2 but powerful my old man would love it.
I'm typing on an SE2 right now :D. I wouldn't complain on the raw performance but I would enjoy more screen-estate with either the notch or dynamic island, I like them both. If they would use titanium, really good OLED tech and an amazing battery I would be set for life 🤩

ProbablyDylan

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
I'm typing on an SE2 right now :D. I wouldn't complain on the raw performance but I would enjoy more screen-estate with either the notch or dynamic island, I like them both. If they would use titanium, really good OLED tech and an amazing battery I would be set for life 🤩

What you're describing...is that not just a 15 Pro? I guess the SE-line is a bit smaller, but still

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Are we sure this isn't the iPhone SE (Slim Edition) and not the iPhone 17?
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe some confusion between this 17 “Slim” and the next generation SE. Maybe Apple will even drop the SE at some point and just leave base iPhones from the previous two to three years as the lower priced options.

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
The LAST thing I want is a thinner phone.

Make it THICKER! MORE BATTERY! SWAPPABLE BATTERY!

It can be twice as thick as today's phones, and twice as heavy. BIG screen, SMALL camera, no camera bulge.

LCD screen is fine, don't need or care about OLED.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
The LAST thing I want is a thinner phone.

Make it THICKER! MORE BATTERY! SWAPPABLE BATTERY!

It can be twice as thick as today's phones, and twice as heavy. BIG screen, SMALL camera, no camera bulge.

LCD screen is fine, don't need or care about OLED.
apple will go out of business if they listen to you

Dhonk

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2015
Strange. So this is aimed at people who want a bigger phone than the base model and the non-Max Pro, but prioritize low weight over anything else? Are there that many people who want that?

Almost sounds to me like they're struggling with their "fourth option". Polls on this site reveal the Plus is the least popular phone of the four models, just as the Mini was. People want the base model, it's the cheapest and gets you in the door of the new technology, and they want the Pros. But they tried "smaller base model" and it didn't sell well. Then they tried "larger base model". Now they're trying "slimmer base model". Maybe this time they'll strike gold?
I had the 14 plus and it was the second lightest phone in the lineup that year. Most didn’t realize it was lighter than the pro. I don’t need a better camera, but would love something between a mini and a standard.

Reactions: VisceralRealist

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Who is asking for this? Based on reading these forums, the only new phone people are asking for is a flagship mini or at least a mini with matching battery life.

Sami13496

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2022
Who is asking for this? Based on reading these forums, the only new phone people are asking for is a flagship mini or at least a mini with matching battery life.
Exactly. “Small” but vocal group wants smaller iPhones. No one has asked for big but thinner iPhone.

Reactions: Zwhaler

Neko1500

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Los Angeles
This article makes zero sense - it's called "Slim" but it's merely a fraction of an inch smaller than the current iPhone 15 Plus? What?

We know Apple frequents these forums: I would KILL for the mini to make a comeback. The greatest iPhone in years. All of the power of the latest full-size non-pro iPhone in a small package? PLEASE.

virgin71

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2022
I mean really - is it so damn hard to do? Give us some damn choices for those of us who don't want big phones.
I just don’t get it. I am also waiting for new mini announcement. So many dudes here wants iPhone mini. How the hell, mini had so low market share? We need mini back! If I would like huge screen, I would buy an iPad!

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Wonder whether this will be its name. Anyway looks like the non pro Plus model will be having a change next year.

Alex Cai

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2021
If they can retain the same battery life then it's worth a try, at least better than the plus model

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.