Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Guys so im going to have the brand new techarmor corning accessory 2 coming glass screen protector delivered tomorrow, i screwed up the first time i tried installing a glass screen protector becasue somehow 2 specks of dust somehow managed to be on the screen as i put the glass screen protector down even though the screen was pristine clean when i finished cleaning and it only took me 5 seconds to peel off the glass protector and put it onto the iphone but i guess the 2 specks of dust managed to land on the iphone during these 5 seconds,

So i was recommened that i should install the new glass protector that im receiving today in shower room right? so i turn on the hot water to let the steam build up and then how long do i wait after that before i enter the shower room and install the screen protector?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Guys so im going to have the brand new techarmor corning accessory 2 coming glass screen protector delivered tomorrow, i screwed up the first time i tried installing a glass screen protector becasue somehow 2 specks of dust somehow managed to be on the screen as i put the glass screen protector down even though the screen was pristine clean when i finished cleaning and it only took me 5 seconds to peel off the glass protector and put it onto the iphone but i guess the 2 specks of dust managed to land on the iphone during these 5 seconds,

So i was recommened that i should install the new glass protector that im receiving today in shower room right? so i turn on the hot water to let the steam build up and then how long do i wait after that before i enter the shower room and install the screen protector?

I usually take an actual shower. It doesn't waste water and it gets the bathroom steamy. I typically have all the materials out and on the counter.

Then, when I get out, I turn on the vent and follow the application instructions. Typically don't have issues.

Have some tape handy. That way, if you do get a speck under the screen protector, you can lift it up and use the tape to get it off.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I usually take an actual shower. It doesn't waste water and it gets the bathroom steamy. I typically have all the materials out and on the counter.

Then, when I get out, I turn on the vent and follow the application instructions. Typically don't have issues.

Have some tape handy. That way, if you do get a speck under the screen protector, you can lift it up and use the tape to get it off.

But do I apply the screen protector while the shower room is still steamy or once the steam goes out and the room no longer has steam in it?

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
I called 3 Apple stores and all are sold out of 7+ Belkin glass. Hopefully they'll get more in on Weds.

Nutut

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
I had turata e2e on my 7+ almost a month. Love the feel, but only complaint is dust on front camera and sensor windows. So I decide to try cleaning those windows. There are lot of dust and lint around the edges and home button cutout found when I removed the glass. Anyway surprisingly I can reapply it with clear windows. However, after a few days all dust came back again. And I don't think I will be able to spend any more time for cleaning and reapplying it routinely, plus adheresive will wear out soonner or later. Any suggest for replacement that won't cost me those problem any1. By the way this is my first glass screen protector. I might go back to plastic screen protector but I will miss the glass feeling of turata

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Got my tech armor Corning glass today and it's definitely my favorite of all the ones I've tried so far. Super easy to install, it adhered fully immediately. No air bubbles and all the edges stuck first time with no rubbing or effort. It feels very nice and it's not as obvious looking as others I've tried, I'm guess due to the thinness. I'd say it's definitely worth buying, and if you have t tried any others try this one first.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Got my tech armor Corning glass today and it's definitely my favorite of all the ones I've tried so far. Super easy to install, it adhered fully immediately. No air bubbles and all the edges stuck first time with no rubbing or effort. It feels very nice and it's not as obvious looking as others I've tried, I'm guess due to the thinness. I'd say it's definitely worth buying, and if you have t tried any others try this one first.
What's the adhesive like around the home button and top sensor/speaker cutouts? As stingy as with the others (CHOETECH & Orzly) or better?

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Can you please put up a few photos of it.

Low country

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2016
South Carolina
Just received the Orzy Pro-fit 3D glass for my iPhone 7+
Returning it.
Glass is very obscure or hazy in sunlight or near LED...weird. Also the inside diameter of the home button is quite sharp or angular and doesn't feel very nice to the finger tip.

Overall fit elsewhere is perfect around the outside edges not perfect inside the home button, slightly off center. Earpiece and proximity sensors all line up perfectly.

If these issues were not present this would be the nicest E2E protector available.

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
For those considering the rhino shield bumper. It does NOT interfere with the edge to edge 3D glass protectors.

It actually works quite well and seems to be keeping the dust out of the sensor/camera area.

Reactions: willmtaylor

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008

Where did you purchase this? Techarmor site says coming soon.

Reactions: willmtaylor

jmfangio

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
NorCal
I had turata e2e on my 7+ almost a month. Love the feel, but only complaint is dust on front camera and sensor windows. So I decide to try cleaning those windows. There are lot of dust and lint around the edges and home button cutout found when I removed the glass. Anyway surprisingly I can reapply it with clear windows. However, after a few days all dust came back again. And I don't think I will be able to spend any more time for cleaning and reapplying it routinely, plus adheresive will wear out soonner or later. Any suggest for replacement that won't cost me those problem any1. By the way this is my first glass screen protector. I might go back to plastic screen protector but I will miss the glass feeling of turata

I have had success with my Turata blowing some compressed air into the earpiece cutout toward the window. Cleans it out without having to remove the glass. I am waiting for a Godosmith V2. Early indications suggest it might be as good as their Ice Max was for the 6s. Time will tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.