Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
For what it's worth, I wrote GD Smith and expressed my disappointment with the so called Ice Max 3D I received off Amazon, especially since they now have an already updated version. I asked for either a refund or a new updated protector and they say they will send me a new one. If I receive it, I will have to say they have very good customer support. Fingers crossed.

erure

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
I haven't read every single page of this thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed. From what I read, it seemed that Orzly was the one to get, so I got that one and installed it. I'd already tried the G-color but it had a gap between the screen protector and the phone, so I wasn't happy with it. The Orzly has a smaller gap, but a gap nonetheless, at least for the one I got. Also I noticed that the side bezels are too thick, so very small portions of my screen on the sides do not show if I look at it directly -- I can see it from an angle. I tried to take photos to illustrate this problem but not sure if you guys will be able to tell. I might be nitpicking. Anyway here are some photos I took.

Attachments

• 2016-10-22 21.42.56.jpg
    2016-10-22 21.42.56.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 2016-10-22 21.41.51.jpg
    2016-10-22 21.41.51.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 2016-10-22 21.42.02.jpg
    2016-10-22 21.42.02.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 286

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I haven't read every single page of this thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed. From what I read, it seemed that Orzly was the one to get, so I got that one and installed it. I'd already tried the G-color but it had a gap between the screen protector and the phone, so I wasn't happy with it. The Orzly has a smaller gap, but a gap nonetheless, at least for the one I got. Also I noticed that the side bezels are too thick, so very small portions of my screen on the sides do not show if I look at it directly -- I can see it from an angle. I tried to take photos to illustrate this problem but not sure if you guys will be able to tell. I might be nitpicking. Anyway here are some photos I took.

What's your take on the oleophobic coating?

erure

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
What's your take on the oleophobic coating?
I had the screen protector on for all of 10 minutes before I took it off and put it back in the box but it didn't seem noticeably worse than other screen protectors. But I'm not too picky about the coating so I might not be the best person to ask.

jkli001

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
For what it's worth, I wrote GD Smith and expressed my disappointment with the so called Ice Max 3D I received off Amazon, especially since they now have an already updated version. I asked for either a refund or a new updated protector and they say they will send me a new one. If I receive it, I will have to say they have very good customer support. Fingers crossed.

Same on my end, but i ordered 3 pieces of the older version. Hopefully they'll send over 3 pieces of the new one as well... if not i'll ask for a refund.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Anyone here got the new tech armor glass screen protector with accessory Glass 2 By Corning for the iPhone 7 plus?

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I will have it on Tuesday, just ordered it yesterday so will let you know what I think.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I just ordered it as well from Amazon should be here on Tuesday, it sounds like it's the best glass protector created to this date because techarmor teamed up with corning the makers of gorilla glass to make it so it looks really promising and it claims to be super thin at 0.2mm
I will have it on Tuesday, just ordered it yesterday so will let you know what I think.

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I just ordered it as well from Amazon should be here on Tuesday, it sounds like it's the best glass protector created to this date because techarmor teamed up with corning the makers of gorilla glass to make it so it looks really promising and it claims to be super thing at 0.2mm
Lots of folks use it, most likely. Not many choose to pay the licensing fees.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
What are you implying?
That TechArmor teamed up with a licensing deal to be able to advertise the use of a Corning product.

Several years ago, MANY screen protectors boasted the use of Corning glass. Suddenly, they all edited their descriptions. Now, they could've all been lying, but that seems random to me.

My guess is that they were indeed using Corning glass, but didn't pay licensing fees to use Corning's name.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
That TechArmor teamed up with a licensing deal to be able to advertise the use of a Corning product.

Several years ago, MANY screen protectors boasted the use of Corning glass. Suddenly, they all edited their descriptions. Now, they could've all been lying, but that seems random to me.

My guess is that they were indeed using Corning glass, but didn't pay licensing fees to use Corning's name.

I don't think so, that Corning glass accessory 2 is supposed to be much more scratch resistant at the molecular level compared to previous glass screen protectors, read the description on Amazon.
It is also thinner than the ballistic glass from tech armor which is 0.3mm

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I don't think so, that Corning glass accessory 2 is supposed to be much more scratch resistant at the molecular level compared to previous glass screen protectors, read the description on Amazon.
It is also thinner than the ballistic glass from tech armor which is 0.3mm
Perhaps, perhaps not. Marketing materials are marketing materials. Every next iteration of similar and related technology makes similar claims and has marginally improved performance.

Shrug.

Their materials did their job though. ;)

Reactions: rstark18

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Perhaps, perhaps not. Marketing materials are marketing materials. Every next iteration of similar and related technology makes similar claims and has marginally improved performance.

Shrug.

Their materials did their job though. ;)

What I find very attractive in this new screen protector by Corning and tech armor is that it's thinner than most glass protectors at just 0.2mm

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Took my Orzly off today because the sides weren't sticking. There were huge amount of dust circulated around home button and all around the edge of screen. I have a replacement coming but I am not sure if I want to stick it on now after looking at the dust that got under.

Exactly the same with the Godosmith V1. I took off the protector and found heaps of dust around the edges, top speaker and home button. There was even a few microscatches of the screen when viewed in direct light. Not happy.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
What I find very attractive in this new screen protector by Corning and tech armor is that it's thinner than most glass protectors at just 0.2mm
Sure, it sounds fine if one is looking for non-E2E protection. Personally, those protectors make me nuts with how they cut up the screen and often don't even fully cover the LCD.

That one is on the thinner side, though not the thinnest I've seen. Best of luck. Hope it works out for you.

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Here's pictures of the Atill iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, Full Coverage Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Anti-Bubble - 0.33mm (Black) Purchased from Amazon

I really think all these are the same protector... this one looks just like the Ozrly protector that everyone was speaking about.

f1a55ff56b207f9fba1e41fbfa81219f.jpg
1e80759a78028ab436117372a7ba3dba.jpg
7f0cb600b71d7983355b518086986c5c.jpg
e62ab43793d7aa8d0ac75703482e6591.jpg
3514378857b554a4e3ca32aecb5c430b.jpg
23f787e238026b22e0d73c194bf9e8eb.jpg

Reactions: 6thDAY

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
Sure, it sounds fine if one is looking for non-E2E protection. Personally, those protectors make me nuts with how they cut up the screen and often don't even fully cover the LCD.

That one is on the thinner side, though not the thinnest I've seen. Best of luck. Hope it works out for you.

Whats E2E? which glass screen protector is the thinnest you've seen?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Here's pictures of the Atill iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector, Full Coverage Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Anti-Bubble - 0.33mm (Black) Purchased from Amazon

I really think all these are the same protector... this one looks just like the Ozrly protector that everyone was speaking about.

From what I have received and what I have seen here, they all look very similar to me. Probably from the same factory or mould, just with different packaging.

Probably just gonna go with a good non E2E protector and be done with it. Not even looking forward to the orzly that I'm waiting for this week

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
E2E - edge to edge
Thinnest I've seen was the Cupert Phantom at .15mm
I've seen an assortment of others at .2mm

any edge to edge glass screen protector will not work with the official apple leather case i have, which one are you using?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
any edge to edge glass screen protector will not work with the official apple leather case i have, which one are you using?
Sorry, but I don't own Apple's leather case. I've tried 3 different E2E protectors with several different cases (including Evolutive Labs' RhinoShield) without lifting issues.

edenergy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016
Dear Eden

How are you?

I am sorry to brought you such bad shopping experience.

As our technology for iphone 7 still is improving,this is not the best 3d curve for iphone 7.

Now we have new version come out,how about we send you new version to check if its ok for you?

But its in our mainland and havent sent to amazon warehouse yet,it needs 10 days to get to you,is that ok?

Looking forward to your further news

----

This is from their Amazon store. Seems like they give a damn about their customers at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.